Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 119571 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »
Captain Jim's list was so much cooler. I mean, Nurse Joy with a machete? Best character idea ever.

I don't really have any character suggestions of my own, but I would've liked to see something related to Meteos other than one of the fighting alloys being a recolored Geolyte. An item consisting of Meteos that would align and blast off when they hit the ground or an opponent after being thrown or a Metamo Ark AT would've been pretty sweet.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2008, 09:12:15 PM »
I don't really have any character suggestions of my own, but I would've liked to see something related to Meteos other than one of the fighting alloys being a recolored Geolyte.
They do remind me of those guys...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2008, 09:56:54 PM »
I want to see Mewtwo back.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2008, 10:56:13 PM »
So do I, but unless we get downloadable characters it's not happening... Mewtwo WAS partially programmed, so I'd say that if characters can be downloaded later on, he has even chances. Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and "Pra & Mai" had partial programming as well... "Pra & Mai" supposedly means "Plusle & Minun." ._.

Anyhow, as interested as I am to see what Toon Sheik would look like, I hope if Toon Zelda ever does come to Super Smash Bros. she transforms into Tetra instead. Then there could be an epic battle between the ninja-like (emphasis on "like," as Sheik does many things that ninjas do not do, such as associate with good people), Sheik and the pirate, Tetra.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
Mewtwo and Roy were further along in programming than the others; they even had victory themes and Classic mode images. If anyone'll be a DLC, it'll be those two.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #440 on: February 29, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
So do I, but unless we get downloadable characters it's not happening... Mewtwo WAS partially programmed, so I'd say that if characters can be downloaded later on, he has even chances. Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and "Pra & Mai" had partial programming as well... "Pra & Mai" supposedly means "Plusle & Minun." ._.

Anyhow, as interested as I am to see what Toon Sheik would look like, I hope if Toon Zelda ever does come to Super Smash Bros. she transforms into Tetra instead. Then there could be an epic battle between the ninja-like (emphasis on "like," as Sheik does many things that ninjas do not do, such as associate with good people), Sheik and the pirate, Tetra.

Really? Where did you find that out? Link please?!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #441 on: February 29, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #442 on: February 29, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »
DLC = Not happening, as I understand it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #443 on: February 29, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
What makes you say that? If Nintendo's ever going to get started with downloadable content like games on other consoles do, there's no better game to do it with than Smash.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #444 on: February 29, 2008, 07:57:49 PM »
Well, I agree with you 100% on that, but I'm almost positive Sakurai said they canned it.

« Reply #445 on: March 02, 2008, 06:15:51 AM »
Toon Sheik just doesn't make sense, Tetra would have made it instead. A Young N64 Zelda with a new Young Sheik would have made better sense if you ask me. So yeah, YOUNG ZELDA FOR THE NEXT SMASH!

Other suggestions for Smash 4:
Megaman (classic)
Cloud Strife (this would allow Nintendo to add elements from SMRPG as well)
Bomberman
Dixie Kong (they better give her a real voice instead of monkey screams)
King K. Rool (with Gangplank Galleon as his stage)
Eliwood (FE6 version, if Roy is gonna make it, too)
Ninten (from the first Mother)
Pokémon Trainer ♀ (Pokémon Fire/Leaf, with Bulbasaur, Charmeleon and Blastoise)
Brendan (Pokémon RSE, with Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken)
May (Pokémon RSE, with Treecko, Combusken and Swampert)
Meowth (Final Smash: Meowth's Party)
Paper Mario (Final Smash: Mega Mario)
Impa (N64, why want a standalone Sheik when you can have HER?)
Young Zelda (Young Link needs a partner, not only older Link)
Wart (Super Mario USA)

Costumes:
Peach: Sports, Strikers, Ponytail
Mario: Classic 1985, Strikers, Dr. Mario
Pokémon Trainer ♂: Game Boy, Ash Ketchum
Sonic: Classic 1991
Brendan: Emerald
May: Emerald
Young Link: Toon Link (they should have made that from the start)
Link: N64 or TP
Ganondorf: N64 or TP (it also applies to his Final Smash)

Stages:
Airship/Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario RPG)
Peach Circuit (Mario Kart 64)
Rainbow Road 64 (Mario Kart 64/F-Zero X)
Famicom/NES (Similar to Wario Ware, but you play through many 8-bit classics)
Yoshi's Safari (Similar to the racing stages)
Flipside Tower (Super Paper Mario)
Bowser's Battlefield (Paper Mario)
Glitzville (Paper Mario RPG)
Mushroom Castle (Mario & Luigi RPG 2)
Yoshi Topsy Turvy (a tilting stage)
Ganon's Tower (Ocarina of Time, the tower collapses as you fight)
Gangplank Galleon (it navigates between DK Island and Crocodile Isle)
Subcon (Super Mario USA, it should also use sounds from Doki Doki Panic)

Who knows, maybe Nintendo is going to move to Bluray for the next system in a few years.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #446 on: March 02, 2008, 07:20:53 AM »
Because using a rival company's format makes sense?
That was a joke.

« Reply #447 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:12 AM »
Looking at above post from Agu Fungus...

Bomberman
Considering how close this was, maybe.

Cloud Strife (this would allow Nintendo to add elements from SMRPG as well)
I don't know about Cloud, and I wouldn't say it'd open up the floodgate for SMRPG. Any other Square character would work just as well, like Chrono from Chrono Trigger. Only thing I'm worried about with Cloud is that his huge sword would be too much of an advantage. But then, seeing how huge King Dedede is, it might work after all. And they can make it so that any character accidentally touching Cloud's spikes-for-hair gets damaged.

Dixie Kong (they better give her a real voice instead of monkey screams)
She has great gliding potential, and I always liked her over Diddy (no big surprise since I'm male). I agree though, no monkey screams. They had voices (sort of) in the DKC series.

King K. Rool (with Gangplank Galleon as his stage)
A no-brainer. King Dedede got in, so King K. Rool seems like an easy shoe-in. Gangplank Galleon from DKC1 would be interesting for a stage as long as you periodically had to dodge cannonballs falling from the sky.

Meowth (Final Smash: Meowth's Party)
Although I'm getting tired of the countless Pokemon appearing in the series, Meowth always seemed to stand out a bit from the hundreds of Pokemon. He reminds me of the psycho rabbit from Sam & Max though.

Wart (Super Mario USA)
Maybe. If nothing else, we could have a battle against Bowser and Wart.

And Geno, because of all the rumors that he was going to appear in Brawl.

Stages:

Peach Circuit (Mario Kart 64)

I assume that's like Royal Raceway. If so, yes. It'd be pretty much a clone of one of the F-Zero moving-platforms stages though.

Yoshi's Safari (Similar to the racing stages)

If I liked that game, I might agree with you more. As it is, I still have bad memories of getting obliterated by Spinies or moles or whatever.

Maybe Spiral Mountain from Banjo-Kazooie. I know, never gonna happen in a million years.

Or a Bubble Bobble stage. Certain areas of the level are nearly inaccessible, and you have to wait for bubbles from Bub and Bob (wandering about on ground level) in order to get to those areas.

Until I get Brawl and try out Mushroomy Kingdom for myself, I still think it's a cool idea to go through actual levels from games (it's like Melee's Adventure Mode or Brawl's Subspace Emissary but as multiplayer). Metroid probably wouldn't work. Maybe a level from Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World... oh, or a level from SMW2: Yoshi's Island.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #448 on: March 02, 2008, 08:31:48 AM »
I'm just going to throw this one right out there: Why the HECK does everyone want to see Wart in a new game?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #449 on: March 02, 2008, 08:31:48 AM »
Because using a rival company's format makes sense?
Well, what other disk are they going to use for next gen? HD-DVD is already dead, and no way they are going to pull a Dreamcast.

Print