Poll

Should their be one? (one vote per user)

For the DS
35 (64.8%)
For the GBA
9 (16.7%)
Not really, I already have the original
6 (11.1%)
Nope
4 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG GBA/DS Remake?  (Read 30219 times)

Wii

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2006, 10:00:48 AM »
But Nintendo likely wouldn't do that.  They would try and cram new stuff into the game, which needs nothing more than what was on the original.  I'd rather that it wasn't remade onto the DS, or at all, just because there would be some cheap way to include the touch screen.  but it doesn't matter what I want, since even if it was released again, I wouldn't buy it; I'd rather play it on the SNES.
They didn't cram new stuff into Mario World, did they?

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
Because SNES emulator for DS.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
They didn't cram new stuff into Mario World, did they?
Differences between Mario & Luigi. The ability to get colored Yoshis outside of Star World. Ability to save anywhere. (These all made the game easier.) I think the things the anti-remake people dread most... are voice clips. SMRPG is a game best off without them.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »
I don't mind the voice clips as much as random stuff shoehorned into the game for no reason.
That was a joke.

Wii

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 01:16:04 AM »
Differences between Mario & Luigi. The ability to get colored Yoshis outside of Star World. Ability to save anywhere. (These all made the game easier.) I think the things the anti-remake people dread most... are voice clips. SMRPG is a game best off without them.
1-Luigi was redesigned when they put Mario World with All Stars (Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World)so they hadn't done that as a feature.
2-I think there was a way to get coloured yoshis out of star worls originally, but you have to unlock something. No idea how, I did it once, so it's not much of a major change.
3-Saving everywhere is hardly the type of thing that you're gonna protest about, is it?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »
Yes it is, You want me to beat a level, run back to a ghost house, and beat that level, probably dying in the process, mabye a game over, then I lose my proggress!!! Worth prostesting to me...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 10:46:56 PM »
No, we're protesting against games that let you save everywhere.
Luigi was redesigned in SMAS+W with no physics changes. I am not against the physics changes.
You get different colored Yoshis by finding a baby one and feeding it 5 enemies or a powerup. Much harder to obtain and keep in the original version than it is in the SMA2 version.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 11:35:39 PM »
oops, my mistake!

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »
The saving anywhere feature was added, i think, more for the portable experience becuse it would be convienient. Its a pain when you lose progress because you reached your destination.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »
I still want to see SMRPG remade or ported to either GBA or DS.  I've heard so many good things about it.  There are fans, like me, whose parents wouldn't allow them to own a game console till long after SNES was gone.  I wouldn't be complaining about this if SNESs were easier to find. (please don't give me the 'search eBay' thing.  I mean, how do I know that the unit I'm bidding on actually functions properly?  How do I know someone isn't trying to scam me?)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2006, 07:51:56 PM »
I bought plenty of used games on Ebay. You just have to know how good the sellers are and what their history of selling things is like. I only look for the most sincere sellers, and make sure the item that I'm buying from them is in really good condition. Ebay is not as faulty as many assume. If someone gets scammed, they don't know how to use Ebay properly.

NBCGod

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 12:14:20 AM »
I hope its on DS.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »
A very bold, clear and direct statment of yours. Oh, and welcome new user!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 11:32:04 PM »
A few thoughts here:

1. To the Mac OS X post--if you've used 9 forever you won't like X. This is why I still use my old laptop. The money I could spend buying a new Mac Book I just put into my car instead, since I feel a car is more important than a new computer. As long as I can word process, use AIM, surf the net, and do a little Photoshop now and then I'm happy with the computer.

2. To the person who said Super Mario 64 is rare--I thought it was common for the Nintendo 64. Everyone I knew who had a Nintendo 64 back in the day had it.

3. And finally, Super Mario R.P.G. A friend of mine told me that I'd do better on that one than I would one like Super Mario 64. He had an SNES and the game but told me to download the emluator and ROM instead, saying it was legal because the system and game were there (he had both). This was about five years ago, and there was this program called SNES 9X for Macintosh. He found a copy of the game online and I did find it to be more strategical than Mario 64.

I always leave this one off the list of games I've played since I played it on the computer and not the physical Nintendo. For a guy not into games, and who wasn't sure what R.P.G. stood for until two years after playing the game, I did pretty well. I'd  love to see this released to Game Cube--I'd probably buy it if it came out, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't buy very many games.

The logic and strategy of this one did it for me. Being a ballplayer you always are analyzing matchups, so I think this is where my skills came in handy. The game also had some good jokes in it (I remember a reference to Bruce Lee that had me laughing really hard). There wasn't much in the way of "gaming" so my bad controller (keyboard) skills didn't hurt me too much.

One comment about the SNES 9X program--I have an OS 9 version so I'm sure one exist for whoever needed it.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2006, 08:33:47 AM »
You want a Mario PRG for the Gamecube? Play Paper Mario: The THousnad-Year Door! It'll knock your socks off!

Print