Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 395454 times)

« Reply #1140 on: January 29, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
Capcom made the effort since the Vs. series is so beloved. It would have been very cruel to leave the first new installment in a very long time in Japan, regardless of what kind of crazy characters were in it.

*glares at Mother 3 and Fatal Frame IV*

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1141 on: January 29, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »
It would've been pretty cruel to half-ass getting it released in English-speaking countries, too.

*glares at Freshly-Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland,Arkanoid DS, and Jump Ultimate Stars*

« Reply #1142 on: January 29, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
*glares at Maestro!: Jump in Music*

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1143 on: January 29, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »
*glares at Fate/Unlimited Codes and Raiden Fighters Aces*

(We could do this all day.)

« Reply #1144 on: January 29, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »
*glares mightily at No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise*

« Reply #1145 on: January 29, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
And on that note, I wonder why Jump Ultimate Stars, which most likely would've been easier to license than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom*, didn't get localized. Between younger players who would recognize characters like Naruto and Son Goku, older players who would recognize characters like Kenshiro and Kenshin, and nerds like me who just want to play as Don Pachi, Yugi, and Jotaro, it's also got a somewhat wider audience than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom**. It also gives Viz a reason to start publishing any of the slightly more obscure stories represented in some form in the game that haven't already been serialized in the US Shonen Jump or published as trade paperbacks.

Probably rights issues with those who own the video game licenses. Unlike Tatsunoko properites, a lot of series featured in Jump Ultimate Stars are still ongoing and have their characters in a bunch of video games. Off the top of my head, Atari owns the Dragon Ball license, Ubisoft owns the Naruto license, Namco-Bandai owns the one for One Piece, and Konami owns the Yu-Gi-Oh license.

That was the status of the licenses back then anyway, so it would've been more of a nightmare to even attempt to localise the title.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1146 on: January 30, 2010, 08:45:57 AM »
So I've been playing TvC online for a few days. The connection is usually good, I've had some perfect, lagless matches. However, this pretty much happens every day:

No! I don't want that!

« Reply #1147 on: January 30, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »
When searching for matches, does it show ping as an actual number?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1148 on: January 30, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
That's one of the glaring issues of this game's online:

You don't see a person's connection before hand. No ping. No color coding. Not even little bars. Nothing.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #1149 on: February 01, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
Welcome to Bizzaro week, where half the releases are big-name PC exclusives instead of DS shovelware.

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World is the only Master System game on TMK.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1150 on: February 01, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
Lovin' those Rock Band songs!

I still haven't finished the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, but Call of Pripyat will probably quickly become rather cheap like Clear Sky did, so I'm probably better off waiting to buy it anyway. Not to mention that by the time I get around to buying and playing it, it'll have been modded to a point where it's actually properly playable.

I remember playing the shareware PC version of Extreme Pinball all the time as a kid. Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy was a pretty awesome table.

Thexder Neo looks pretty awesome. I haven't played the original Thexder, but I'd certainly like to after seeing the trailer for Neo. And it's playable on PSP, if you're one of those people who either owns a PSPgo or owns both a PSP and a PS3.

« Reply #1151 on: February 01, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »
This reminds me, I won't die a satisfied man until an all-classic rock Guitar Hero/Rock Band title is released.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1152 on: February 01, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
There are over a thousand downloadable RB songs; you can make whatever kinds of playlists you want.

« Reply #1153 on: February 02, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
Furthermore,

« Reply #1154 on: February 02, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
True, although the Dead Kennedys, Siouxsie & the Banshees and whoever the heck Stone Roses are all certainly do not qualify as classic rock artists.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print