Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 393609 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1725 on: August 31, 2011, 08:15:58 AM »
I'd so be playing Elevator Action Deluxe right now if I had a PS3, or if Square Enix weren't a bunch of retards who still make third-party platform-exclusive downloadable games that have no reason to be so.

Actually, I wouldn't be because I'm broke right now, so instead of that, Rock of Ages, or Serious Sam: Double D, I'm playing Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. ATATATATATATATATATATATATATA

(I'm very interested in Achron, but will wait until they drop the price some. $30 seems rather high.)

« Reply #1726 on: September 11, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
There's last week. Dead Island lives up to the trailer (in quality, not tone). Haven't had time to play Rock of Ages yet.

Also, Hanna came out on BD this week. It's still the best movie of 2011 so far.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1727 on: September 11, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
I've heard very disappointing things about Achron (along the lines of "cool mechanic, but in a game that really wants to be StarCraft and does a terrible job of it") thus far. Glad I held off on that.

I need to try Rock of Ages. That 2D parody game they made for April Fools' Day to promote it was fun.

« Reply #1728 on: September 15, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »
This week has some interesting rereleases. Radiant Silvergun is a Treasure shmup that didn't come out in the US. Cyberbots is a Capcom fighter that didn't come out in the US. You can buy all six wonderful BIT.TRIP games on one disc with new levels, or buy them in 3D. And you can now play all 5 God of War games on a PS3. You should! It's the best single-player non-rhythm game series ever made.

« Reply #1729 on: September 15, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »
Oh snap. And in late-breaking news, Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives's "Hey" from GH1 has hit RBN. I LOVE THAT SONG!

« Reply #1730 on: September 15, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »
Nice, that's an awesome song.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1731 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
Definitely gonna be looking into that GoW collection.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1732 on: September 15, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
The best games out this week are TrackMania² Canyon, the BIT.TRIP stuff, and the God of War thing.

(Radiant Silvergun is like Ikaruga in that it's a critical darling by Treasure and is rather artsy; it's unlike Ikaruga in that Ikaruga is actually fun to play.)

« Reply #1733 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
Kirby Light Mass Bomb Attack!

Get it?

« Reply #1734 on: September 19, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »
A touch-controlled Kirby game? Sounds eerily familiar. I'll pass.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1735 on: September 19, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
Yeah, reminds me of Canvas Curse, the best Kirby game of all time.

« Reply #1736 on: September 19, 2011, 05:19:19 PM »

BRING IT, WHITEY
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1737 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
The normal Kirby platformers are boring easy games for babies but when HAL does weirder stuff it's usually awesome.

« Reply #1738 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:01 PM »
GEARS OF WAR 3

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1739 on: September 19, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »
I had two games preordered that were scheduled to be released this week.

I canceled the Persona 2: Innocent Sin preorder because I still haven't ordered a replacement UMD drive for my PSP. I'll still buy it (sans partial soundtrack, which isn't a big deal), but in the meantime, I ended up putting that money toward The King of Fighters XIII instead. (I wish Mr. Wiggles were still here so I'd have someone to at least talk to about that game. I don't think anyone else here cares about SNK fighters.)

Meanwhile, Otomedius Excellent got pushed back to November. Considering how many times it's been delayed (it was originally supposed to be released in the US before I even got a job, let alone a 360), I'm all but convinced the US release isn't happening.

So I'm not buying anything this week. I might buy Gears of War 3 if I decide I like the first two enough, but that'll be a while away. Kirby Mass Attack is a must-buy once I have a system to play it on again, which will also be a while away. The only other thing listed that interests me much is Burnout Crash.

Print