Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391560 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1845 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:46 AM »
"FFVXIII" is not a typo of "FFXIII" or "FFXVIII." It's Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which we haven't even seen gameplay footage of six years after its initial announcement. But we can play the song from a trailer for the game in Theatrhythm!

« Reply #1846 on: July 16, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
The fact that they released DLC from the future gives me hope for other awesome weird stuff.

It'll never happen... :(

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1847 on: July 16, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
I wonder if the song Japan got from Final Fantasy Type-0 will come to the NA release before we get an English release date announcement for that game.

« Reply #1848 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Malicious looks rad. PSN is hot right now.

"Etro's Champion" has an ending in Theatrhythm which is unique for a game full of looping songs. I don't know if it's a concert recording or what.

« Reply #1849 on: July 30, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
Get on your 3DS and watch the Dot Runner trailer. You will say, "WTD" while puking.

"A Contest of Aeons" is probably the hardest song in Theatrhythm to date.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1850 on: July 30, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
My mind initially parsed "Bust-n-Rush" as "Bust-A-Move."

The only reason I'll be playing Dream Drop Distance close to release (rather than a year later, when it's $15 new) is because I'm getting it for free.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1851 on: July 30, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
Dream Drop Distance is a [dukar]ty name. ShadowBrain out.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1852 on: July 30, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
Square-Enix isn't exactly known for coming up with stellar game titles. :P

« Reply #1853 on: July 30, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
I like their insane titles. They're memorable and unique.

Compare:

New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. U

vs.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts coded
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Who's the lame one here?

If you dislike both, who does have stellar titles? Anyone making a star-based pun (Super Mario Galaxy) will be shot (by Qwerty).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1854 on: July 30, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
Pre-ordered KH3D a while back.  Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.  Assuming I get the chance and/or desire to drive to GameStop.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1855 on: July 30, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
Sometimes you want a game to have an awesome wacky title. It's just that Square Enix seems to have a lot more of them than other publishers. Along with the previously-mentioned Kingdom Hearts examples, they have things like The World Ends With You, Infinite Undiscovery, The 3rd Birthday, and the upcoming Bravely Default Flying Fairy.

At least half of those are good games, though!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1856 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Sometimes you want a game to have an awesome wacky title. It's just that Square Enix seems to have a lot more of them than other publishers. Along with the previously-mentioned Kingdom Hearts examples, they have things like The World Ends With You, Infinite Undiscovery, The 3rd Birthday, and the upcoming Bravely Default Flying Fairy.

At least half of those are good games, though!
Plants vs. Zombies seems the best wacky title to me. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1857 on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
I also pre-ordered the game... back in January. After my 9:45-4:00 PM shift tomorrow I'll be picking it up.

To make it more interesting and fun, my brother and I have decided to alternate the 3DS between us every time a "Drop" occurs in the game.
I'm a horrible person.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1858 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
Plants vs. Zombies is not a wacky title. It describes the premise of the game, nothing more, and does so in a way that doesn't involve made-up words and doesn't tie into plot points that aren't explained until you're through 90% of the game.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1859 on: July 31, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »
I thought you were using the word 'title' to mean 'game'.  Would "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!" and "VVVVVV" count as weird titles to you? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print