Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394970 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #795 on: June 10, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
Starfy aside, this week's pretty paltry.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #796 on: June 12, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »
PSN and XBLA get some badass games this week. Comix Zone and Gunstar Heroes are must-plays, and Heavy Weapon is pretty awesome considering it's a PopCap game that doesn't involve puzzle pieces or finding hidden objects.

I believe Bird Person has had his eyes set on Prototype for a bit now. Certainly something I'll consider picking up after I build my new computer (now confirmed to happen within the next eight weeks!).

The Legendary Starfy was pretty awesome when I played it in Japanese earlier this year.

Yet another Guitar Hero game on the DS? I'd much rather play its competitor on the PSP - which kind of understates how much I want to play Rock Band Unplugged.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #797 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »
Wow, there is... nothing that interests me in the slightest this week.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #798 on: June 15, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
You sad little man.

I'll be buying at least four games:

Flower Sun and Rain is by Suda 51 so it's an insta-buy (even though I didn't like Contact :/).

Guitar Hero Smash Hits needs no introduction.

Let's Tap, Yuki Naka's game controlled only through tapping a box with an upside-down Wii remote laying on it.

Duels of the Planeswalkers because a few nights ago I read about Magic's recent rules changes and core set philosophy and it got the old juices stirring.

---

Also of note,

America's Army 3 is free (like usual).

Ghostbusters has most of the real cast involved.

Space Harrier is a good use of VC Arcade.

Let's Catch somehow relates to Let's Tap.

Rocket Riot has a good trailer.

Sam and Max Save the World is the new-fangled name for the first six eps, a.k.a. Season One.

And for Deezer this week we have Diva Girls: Divas on Ice.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #799 on: June 15, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
Careful with the Magic game, I hear it lacks the Deck Building features of the previous PC games. I read something about only having preconstructed decks but that was sometime ago. I may be misinformed.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #800 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:37 PM »
Rules changes huh? Wonder what those might be...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #801 on: June 15, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »
Too bad you can't put an umlaut over the n.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #802 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »
Just imagine if Rhythm Heaven had come out this week as well - the amount of tapping shipping could be catastrophic.

I sort of stopped caring about Magic: The Gathering after power creep reared its ugly head and threatened to take a huge bite out of my bank account.

Rock Band instruments work with Guitar Hero games, right? If so, I'll probably pick up Smash Hits this September.

I've heard good things about Ghostbusters.

Why do I have the feeling my brother will download America's Army 3 when my mom's computer is back from the shop?

Is this Rainbow Island thing of any relation to the Taito classic?

No purchases for me this week. Next week, however, signals my first day-one retail purchase ever.

« Reply #803 on: June 18, 2009, 08:19:05 PM »
Uh, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor?

[MGS came out on PSN today.]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #804 on: June 18, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
MegaTen games are generally where it's at.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #805 on: June 18, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
If not for the fact that DS games are generally in stores on Wednesday (or later) and I'm probably not making visits to GameStop two days in a row, I'd probably make that the second one.

(I'll be buying the Spore expansion pack - the one that adds gameplay content, because this isn't The Sims 2.)

« Reply #806 on: June 22, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
Will The Conduit really be that good? Who knows?

ARMA II looks cool.

For Deezer this week we have Fashion Week Designer Jr..

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
Knowing my mom, she'll probably drag one or more of my family along with her to watch My Sister's Keeper.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »
I can't wait to play Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil: Resident Evil: Archives of Resident Evil: Evil Resident.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #809 on: June 23, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »
Just bought Galactic Adventures. Going to try to play it tonight when I get home, but it'll probably require Internet authentification and I can't do that until Thursday.

No Wii or else The Conduit would've been a definite must-buy.

Not particularly interested in anything else this week.

Print