Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394862 times)

« Reply #825 on: June 29, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »
Water Warfare is an 8-player online FPS watergun fight with randomly generated maps.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #826 on: June 29, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
Is this week really so weak that there's only one game mentioned in LD's post?

For the record, there's nothing I'm interested in (except maybe Trine), though I would like to mention that unless the Mega Man Star Force series is somehow following the same progression of how good the games are as the original Battle Network series (in which the two games that made up the third entry were also the best in the series), the two new games should be avoided like the plague, just like every other Star Force game.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #827 on: July 06, 2009, 10:49:57 AM »
Hey, the Art Style game with numbers (CODE / DECODE / BASE 10) is finally out! Sweet! I just wish they'd stop renaming all of them.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #828 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »
How can they justify a Harry Potter minigame about book/movie #6 since all Harry does for the first 25 chapters is worry about his and Ron's love lives and learn about horcruxes?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #829 on: July 06, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »
The only videogame series that rivals Space Channel 5 in the amount of gushing unbridled enthusiastic love feelings I have for it as a whole is Monkey Island. And the first part of the new one comes out this week. *swooon!*

BIT.TRIP CORE is awesome and hard. Like rock hard. Like rape hard. Like Mega Man 9 hard. This game is so hard. I will declare anyone who can beat even level 1 officially Good At Games.

You can't go wrong with Battlefield, so I'm going to party like it's 1943.

Know Your Enemy will make a fantastic RB song. Fun vocals, fun drum part, sweet little guitar solo.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #830 on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »
And for even more gaming goodness, LucasArts games begin to hit Steam later this week.

I already bought BioShock, so if I decide to get Oblivion, I'll just pick up GotYE for $20. Still, both games together for $40 (or $30 if you're a PC type) is an excellent deal.

Also for PC types: Street Fighter IV is $40. You'll need a good controller (possibly an arcade stick) if you don't want to try to play a fighting game with a keyboard. Also, you might not have anyone for multiplayer because most everyone who cares already bought the game on 360 or PS3.

I want to try BIT.TRIP CORE just to see if it really is that hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #831 on: July 06, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »
I want to see Bruno.
every

« Reply #832 on: July 07, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
I am extremely interested in the BIT.TRIP CORE challenge (beat level 1), but I feel like I should probably play BIT.TRIP BEAT first.

« Reply #833 on: July 07, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »
That wasn't really a challenge per se. I beat it after only a few tries and you could too. I'm just saying this game separates the men from the boys right off the bat.

« Reply #834 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:04 PM »
I know a guy who played more NCAA Football 09 than Mr. Melee plays Halo 3. I don't expect to see him for awhile.

The monkey train keeps rolling with a remake of Secret.

VC has two Sega imports, which is nice. Pulseman was actually previously available in the US on the Sega Channel.

The WiiWare games are ordered by amount of exclamation marks.

A Madballs game? Are you joking me? I haven't heard anything about Madballs since roughly 1992, when I rented a VHS of Madballs: Gross Jokes and watched it 15 times in a 24 hour period. True story.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #835 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
Yippee, Harry Potter 6 is coming out this week.  I won't be at all sorry to see Michael Gambon's Dumbledore die.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #836 on: July 13, 2009, 01:58:39 PM »
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

I don't plan on purchasing any of this week's releases except for SoMISE.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »
Harry Potter! And true, Turtlekid, though he'll probably show up again in Deathly Hallows pt. 2.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
He was all over the frickin' place in 7. Looking back on it now, it seemed kinda cheap how much he was still basically alive.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
I guess it's best if we all think of him as like Ganon, only benevolent, bearded, and gay.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print