Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394914 times)

« Reply #855 on: July 28, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
It only comes with the MotionPlus, not a full remote, but don't sell Wii Sports Resort short. It is a seriously good game, with buttloads of content compared to the original Wii Sports. Battling a horde of sword-wielding Miis charging across a rope bridge at sunset while dramatic music plays with one-to-one sword control is worth the price of admission alone.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #856 on: July 29, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »
Wii Sports One wasn't enough to hold my interest, I may not get the sequel.

inb4unonthng
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #857 on: July 29, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Yeah, game "sequels" are generally supposed to improve upon the concepts in the first, so you should be more interested in this one...
That was a joke.

« Reply #858 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
Wii Sports Resort is the Terminator 2 of game sequels.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #859 on: July 30, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »
That implies that Wii Sports had one Terminator's worth of content, which is a filthy bucket of lie.

On an unrelated note, when did I stop italicizing film and game titles? I used to do that right?
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #860 on: July 30, 2009, 04:17:52 PM »
Wait, am I supposed to want Wii Sports Resort?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #861 on: July 30, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
Yes.

...But I don't, so there.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #862 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:15 AM »
I...am surprised to say that I find Resort rather amusing. Sword fighting Miis on a bridge! Flying volcanos into airplanes! I don't know how it's a sport but it's cooler than baseball!
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #863 on: July 31, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »
Wow, then I'm definitely buying this. Also, I saw an advertisement on television about it and that convinced me even more to go out and buy it...soon.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #864 on: July 31, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
In case anyone needs more convincing, WII SPORTS RESORT IS PRETTY FRICKING AWESOME YOU GUYS. The swordfighting games alone would pretty much be worth the $30.

I haven't been able to fly volcanoes into airplanes yet, but the other way around is pretty fun. I said 'pretty' a lot in this post, and I'm not ashamed of it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #865 on: July 31, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
Yes but how long would I enjoy it, being a guy who gets a player 2 once or twice a month (week, during school)? And would it be worth it when I have plenty of other multiplayer games?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #866 on: August 01, 2009, 01:32:12 AM »
Probably a while. Not as long as with other people, but some of the best stuff is actually single-player.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #867 on: August 03, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Sexy Poker is an M-rated strip poker game on WiiWare. Nudity is not listed in the rating descriptors though.

GH releases one song against RB's eleven, but it's a song by the maker of one of the pimpest GH songs of all time (Cliffs of Dover).

And for Deezer this week we have Daisy Fuentes Pilates.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #868 on: August 03, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
Is Reversal Challenge some sort of fighting game technique practice tool?

Insert something about how I'm interested in Turtles in Time Re-shelled. (Speaking of XBLA games, this has been out for a while, but R-TYPE Dimensions is 800 MS Points this week instead of 1200. I've already gushed about this game in the past, so I won't waste space doing so again here.)

Looks like more Rock Band tracks my dad will probably buy next month!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #869 on: August 03, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
Holy crap, they released Sexy Poker in America? After not letting the beer pong game have beer in it? nalaku/KUBOS/precipice looks pretty fun, but where the frig is Flipnote Studio? If it comes out after I've gone back to school where the network never works with my Wii or DS and we're not allowed to have our own routers, I'll be ticked.

Print