Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394518 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »
SSBB & DoReMi for me this week.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
Dude, you gotta tell me how it is.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »
Dude, you gotta tell me how it is.
It's great though not easily controlled with a GCN controller because the run and jump buttons are too far apart.  It's also not translated, but the manual has everything you'll need. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2008, 01:04:54 AM »
Yes, I know that SNES games are usually unplayable with GCN controller. In fact, the reason I bought my two Classic controllers was to play Contra III.

NES -> Remote
SNES -> Classic
N64 -> GCN

« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »
I will finally play MGS2 and MGS3 thanks to Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. Hopefully I don't like them enough to be forced to buy a PS3 for MGS4. I'd prefer to wait until God of War 3.

Lost in Blue 3?!? I guess I totally missed 2. I'm so far behind on my gaming.

Sega Superstars Tennis tugs at my heartstrings and love of Ulala, Amigo, and Zombies (of the Dead). Will I successfully resist buying a likely crappy tennis game? Or am I too much of a consumer whore? Stay tuned!

The VC description for Spelunker speaks of "avenging spirits of dead spelunkers", which would be a great band name!

-Lizard Dude

« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
Your recklessness with money astounds me sometimes.

« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
How's the deli biz, bob?

-Lizard Dude

« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
Haha! Nonexistant. Even if you offered to buy that game for real, I would decline. In retrospect, I have no idea why I made that my signature.

« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
Opoona looks nifty.

I went to read the description of TiQal and it looked like this:

With graphics inspired by the ancient Mayan culture, -- Unique choice, that's good

“TiQal” takes players on an epic journey to save the village of the same name. -- Getting more cliche, but okay

Players must demolish enemy block walls -- I like demolishing things

by matching squares of the same color and building them up to unleash massive combo points and mind-blowing power-ups. -- AAARRRGHGHGGGHGHHHH!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2008, 02:16:15 PM »
Opoona does look pretty cool. Also, awesome that they named it the "Active Bon Bon Battle System". Odd though that you have these gorgeous backgrounds with Fisher Price people walking around on them. Slightly makes me go "this is really weird."

Also, King's Knight for NES is a pretty cool, short, really hard pre-Final Fantasy Square forward scrolling shooter. I highly approve.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 02:19:29 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »
I just got a call from GameStop saying my pre-order of Opoona would be in tomorrow.  I canceled my pre-order Saturday based on reading a few reviews.  It still looks like a cool game, just not for me now.  I don't want an RPG now.  Not even a simple one with a unique control scheme.  The relatively low scores help me decide to cancel my order.  I have plenty do do in Brawl now anyway.  Not to mention all the games I have stacked up and have hardly played if at all.  I usually catch up during spring break (now) and summer, but I'm planning on moving in June so I won't have time for games like Opoona.  Gotta stick to the core games.  Mario Kart is next for me.  I'd hoped to get a PS3 with Orange Box, Ratchet, and Rock Band this summer, but we'll see. 

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2008, 07:46:08 PM »
WiiWare made it's massive launch in Japan today, with the new Dr. Mario at launch :D

« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
The games stink, but the DLC rules.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
I'm gonna con my 360 owning friend into buying Still Alive on Rock Band. Also, Cruis'n USA ftw.

« Reply #344 on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »
That shouldn't be too hard, since it's free!

Print