Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 394503 times)

« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2008, 02:24:28 AM »
Ultra super mega late edition! (Don't ask, but it involved Game of Thrones and sleeping at a truck stop.)

I don't care about any of this stuff, not even Galaga Legions, but I do think the graphical tricks for showing enemy paths are nifty.

Rock Band songs are pretty tight, but I'm still two weeks behind on actually playing any of the RB releases. XD

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty... What's that about?  It may be interesting.

Justice League: Season 1... I'm assuming that means the crappy animated version with John Stewart as GL and a seriously de-powered Superman?

House: Season 4... FTW!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »
You called animated Justice League crappy? Jehoshaphat...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:01 AM »
Justice League was horrible. JLU was the good one.

The only thing from that list that I care about is Galaga Legions, which I won't get to play any time soon. Next week has some insanely awesome stuff, though.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
What was so horrible about it? I think it contains some of the most memorable episodes.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »
Bunch of cool stuff today, Mario Super Sluggers, Helix (looks okay) and two good V-Con games!

« Reply #516 on: August 25, 2008, 09:11:32 PM »
The 360 once again proves itself the system for JRPGs with the double whammy of Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia. Disgaea also makes its first PS3 appearance.

For fun stuff this week, we have Castle Crashers (a 4-people-on-the-couch game for sure) and an album of Rush. \m/

They say that Helix is a rhythm game. I might be buying my first WiiWare game in eons.

And remember kids, Disaster Movie is made by the Really Bad Guys who did Meet the Spartans and Spy Hard, not the Sorta Okay Guys who did Superhero Movie and Airplane!. (Yes, they've both horribly devolved.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #517 on: August 25, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
You forgot N+.

I played through From the Abyss in Japanese a while back. It's great for anyone who really likes hack-'n'-slash games with ridiculously broken attack skills.

« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2008, 09:48:21 PM »
Hmm, you're right.

From the website, it looks fugly as all hell and the music is horrible compared to the XBLA awesomeness, but I do love the rap on the site.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #519 on: August 25, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
Cool, they finally released Ys on Virtual Console.
I wonder if I'll get it before I find a Turbo CD.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »
Mario Super Sluggers: it looks good, but I still need to get MKW and a PS3...
Heroes: Season 1 (Blu-Ray): FTW!
Heroes: Season 2 (also on Blu-Ray): Not quite as FTW as season one, but still FTW!
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Interesting.  I'll have to see about that one.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
I want Mario Super Sluggers, but I still don't have the first Mario baseball title yet.

And I hate The Nightmare Before Christmas. There I said it.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #522 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:23 PM »
I think it's fine. It's just slowly gained the unfortunate reputation of being to emos as, say, The Wrath of Khan is to Trekkies.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #523 on: August 28, 2008, 05:38:53 AM »
Mario Super Sluggers...I'm not that interested, I'll get it for christmas, though. I thought the first one was decent.

« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
The Rush album got delayed for some reason and replaced with a Locksley pack. ;_;

Print