Print

Author Topic: Countdown to Wii  (Read 30762 times)

« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2006, 10:29:01 PM »
I'm getting ready.  I've planned on sitting around at my local 24 hour Wal*Mart.  We don't have any kind of lawn chairs, but I'm sure I could buy one while I'm waiting.  I believe they will put the Wii on sale at 12:00, so even if I don't get one there, I have time to move to a Target a little ways away.  And if I don't get one there, there's another Wal*Mart just down the road from the Target.  And, if all this fails, I'll just...well, let's be honest, I'm going to sit in my garage and cry until there are more to buy.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2006, 10:43:59 PM »
Wal*Mart should let people sleep in the camping section!  And then wake everyone up at midnight over the speakers. "Attention, fanatical customers... WII GOT 'EM!!!!" XD

I anticipate hearing about your stories about camping in front of stores and stuff.  I've never done that before but strangely part of me has always wanted to.  What if... there was like a huge crowd of people waiting at stores across America and then at midnight it was just ultimate chaos?  Mwuhaha!  Wait, then someone might get trampled and we don't want that.  They would have to go to the trauma center.

I hope that all of you can get your Wiis!  This week is taking forever and I'm not even getting this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:49:37 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2006, 11:23:13 PM »
I wish you all luck with this camping. There has been fighting over that PS3...
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »
All this ruckus reminds me when the Gamecube came out.... Doesn't the PS3 come out today? No one talked about it in school..
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2006, 10:28:47 AM »
The PS3 has been out since 12:01 A.M.

Oi, this does not look good for my Wii dreams. The payment for the GCN auction is still "Uncleared" and should be clleared "by November 21." >>:(. So much for Wii on opening day. More bad news to pile on: my mp3 player auction hasn't budged, and is still at a standstill at $40.99. Well, it ends tonight, and they usually go way up at the end. I sure hope so. However, in all this good news, I unknowingly received my replacement Pokemon FireRed in the mail yesterday, and as I speak, I am readying the eBay auction that includes the game and an Onyx GBASP. Wish me luck.

With OSU vs. U of M Tomorrow, Wii is Coming Soon. 2 Days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2006, 11:16:24 AM »
Good luck.

Thank heavens I have a "My Nintendo" account at Nintendo's official website(Nintendo.com).I entered a sweepstakes on Nintendo.com.Whoever wins gets a Wii,LOZ:Twilight Princess,Excite Truck and an extra "Wii-mote".I'm hoping that I'll win.
"A winner is you"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »
I'm getting ready.  I've planned on sitting around at my local 24 hour Wal*Mart.
I'd like to do that, but I don't think my dad will let me.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:54 PM »
YES!!!!!
I got a preorder for the Wii, since the guy that works there, that I'm friends with couldn't afford his, so he let me buy his Wii. I put all the money forward, so at 11/19 midnight, I'll get it without paying. I feel like dancing now, I really do.

« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:22:55 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2006, 11:15:52 PM »
I went to Target to day and there was this sign. It said "The Wii launches tommarow! Lines start here". And guess what? No one was in line. I guess that particular Target won't be that popular...until Sunday morning. If a lot of peeps aren't getting their Wii's there, I'm in luck.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2006, 11:50:40 PM »
I wonder why people have trouble with "tomorrow".....

Though I've never said it here, I've said in #tmk a few times that I'm not getting a Wii at launch, but rather I'm hoping to get one for Christmas, for a few reasons:

1. I'm cheap
2. I'm lazy
3. I'm fairly patient

BUT, my father's going crazy about Christmas this year, saying he cannot get me a Wii, as they're "too expensive, and we're just not making enough money". A similar episode occured 5 years ago for me. I could not get a Gamecube for Christmas, as they're "too expensive, and I don't get enough money from unemployment. If only Topline kept me after 9/11...."

Mom though, says she will be purchasing all the items on the list. She even KNEW what the Wii was when she saw it on my list.

"Wii, is that the thing where you like....*waves arm in the air, pretending to hold something in it* with this remote thing?"

Well, seeing as midnight has passed in the eastern portion of the country:

Just keep your pants on! Wii in 1 more day!

Oh and don't be a baby and go "no it doesn't count 'cause it's still 2 days here" and make another post later which is a repeat of mine. A guy did that in a GameFAQs forum in the Pikmin 2 section and he was a total baby about it when I confronted him.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:55:25 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2006, 06:11:23 AM »
Irony!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »
I think we're all hoping that everyone will keep their pants on.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »
Get to your 12:00am launch stores!! Wii in 15 hours!!!

« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2006, 11:26:46 AM »
Lucky me, the Toys 'R' Us I'm going to is getting a giant shipment of 200+ Wii's. I'll have no trouble getting my Wii...
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print