Poll

Of the 5 Wii Sports, which do you enjoy most?

Tennis
5 (41.7%)
Baseball
1 (8.3%)
Bowling
1 (8.3%)
Golf
1 (8.3%)
Boxing
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Wii Sport  (Read 7938 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »
I'm not too sure what exactly this Wii thing does (I hear it's physical), but could someone enlighten me on the baseball game?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 02:52:01 AM »
I'm no good at baseball, but it's pretty well done. You hold the Wii remote like a baseball bat, the buttons facing you, and the pitcher throws tha ball. You swing the Wiimote in real life and your character on-screen swings his/her bat at the same time. You can't really run the bases--however far you go depends on how far you hit the ball. When you get three outs, you get to pitch. There are ways to do advanced pitches, but the simple way is to just swing the Wiimote. The faster you swing it, the faster the ball is thrown. The Mii (customized character you made) you chose is the captain/pitcher you play as, and any other Miis you have play on your team with you. I've batted as a Lego Man and Alex Trebek. You even get neat-o striped pants.
Did you get all that? If it sounds dangerous, don't worry--the wrist strap will help protect your French vase by eliminating flying remote controls from your home.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 01:00:41 PM »
Until the strap breaks when you get overexcited, of course.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 05:12:16 PM »
Of course, that won't happen if you have a good grip.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 05:14:12 PM »
Until your grip, of course, weakens from fatigue.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »
Of course, that's when you stop playing, of course.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
So I could get one of these Wiis and use it to fine-tune my stroke?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »
Isn't he delightfully unaware?

justkiddinghisruseannoysme

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 07:34:06 PM »
My favorite would probably be Bowling, with Tennis taking a very close second. My cousin just loves Boxing ( he used to do Karate when we were younger ) and so do I, so that would probably be a third for me.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 12:15:51 AM »
So I could get one of these Wiis and use it to fine-tune my stroke?

Nah, it wouldn't really help your real golf in any way.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 07:24:18 PM »
Not golf, I'm referring to my approach at the plate. The problem with the offseason is that I don't play in a fall league anywhere because of all the service activities I do in the fall so the only workouts I can get are lifting and running. Not a lot of swinging the bat (I can do it, but not on a real field...just in the cages).

I may eventually look into this...do you use a bat-like controller object or do you just use your hands as if you were holding one, or do you hold the remote control thingy that the Wii uses and swing that?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »
Are you completely unable to research the subject yourself or what?

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »
See, this is what happens when you fail to properly advertise a system some time before its released. Then you air a commercial a week before release during of all your choices, Dancing With The Stars?! Might as well air commercials on the Food Network or Animal Planet.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »
Hmm, I guess it could work your swinging muscles, but the remote doesn't have the weight of a bat so you'd probably turn into a weenie when you picked up a real bat again.

Maybe tape the remote to the handle of a bat!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »
I've seen those steering wheels they make for racing games, so perhaps they'd make a weighted bat that you could use as a controller. Now THAT would make the Wii worth buying!

Print