Print

Author Topic: Game Ideas  (Read 8175 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: December 11, 2006, 12:09:54 PM »
Have you ever had a really good idea for a game? Almost everyone has. So here's my idea: We think of cool ideas for new games, and then find out some way to pitch them to a game company. Here are my ideas:

Pandemic: There's really no fancy way to put this, so I'll use a comparison: GTA meets The Sims, with zombies (or, at least, zombie-like enemies). It's a first-person survival-horror game that's intended to be as realistic as possible, so you'll have to do things like going to the bathroom, eating, and performing first aid on yourself (fixing broken bones, wrapping up wounds). If you let an injury go untreated for a long time, then the effects will be specific to the injury: broken legs cause limping, and blood loss will cause your character to be less responsive and hallucinate, and eventually die. Holding in your pee for a long time will cause...um, let's say adverse effects.
The idea is that mass riots have broken out due to a viral pandemic that causes the infected to go into fits of homicidal rage for indeterminate periods of time. Being bitten by one doesn't infect you, but that doesn't mean you're safe. The game will be entirely randomized: At the beginning, you may be an employee in a building who has to escape, or perhaps a news reporter, or a security officer or whatnot, each with its own traits. The game is open-ended: players can choose to get a helicopter or boat and escape the city, stay in a building and wait for everything to blow over, or signal for help.
The game will also be very realistic. Vehicles need refueling, characters need to eat, and each day will be exactly 24 hours long (the game will synch up with the system's internal clock), and weather happens, like storms, rain, snow, etc. Although technology restrains will probably have the game set in a city or state, it would be cooler to have the game set in an entire country, or perhaps a few states. Anyway, that's all have in the way of ideas.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:28:08 PM »
Interesting. I wonder what would happen to your character when you weren't playing?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »
Well...I suppose that, for example, you could go to a bed to save your game, meaning that your character is sleeping while you're not playing. I'm not sure. Also, I forgot to mention this, but the pause menu would be different depending on your character. For example, if you have a camera, you can save anywhere, because of the camera's ability to save footage, photos, and loading would be like rewinding, or something; same deal goes for a tape recorder.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »
This topic reeks of "post your ideas here and I'll use them!" even if that wasn't your intention.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »
Hmm...well, the idea is that we could somehow pitch the ideas to a game company (I think Midway or id Software would be good for Pandemic) and they would hopefully use them, but I do see your point.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:00:48 PM »
I got a doozie.  A Wario Land game in which Wario can turn into a dragon that spits coins!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
I have an idea, and I'm sure people here might hate it. I think the world of Nintendo needs.......a Waluigi game.

I don't think he gets enough credit. The second I saw him in Mario Tennis, he became one of my favorite characters. I mean, who doesn't like an evil guy who has a pointy 'stache and long limbs? He's the perfect rival for Luigi. His choice of clothing is awesome too (yeah, the other three wear the same thing, but purple and black practically spells evil.)

His attacks might include Bob-omb tossing and PURPLE fire-balls. PURPLE! That'd be the coolest thing ever! Waluigi is the kick-arse character I'd like to see in his own game.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 10:40:39 PM »
I have a huge wish list...

1. A racing game that deals with stock European cars.
2. A good Civil War simulation that includes multiple battles (specifically I'd like to see Antietam, Gettysburg, and Vicksburg).
3. A solid World War II game where you are in the air force.
4. A puzzle game like 3 in Three for the Mac used to be.
5. I'm not sure if it's in Wii Sports, but an air hockey game.
6. A co-ed basketball game (that is, basketball simulation with girls and boys playing together).
7. A game similar to Sim City, except you control a mall.
8. A game similar to Sim City, except you control a school.
9. THIS ONE IS HARDWARE: A weighted baseball bat for the Wii baseball game (I'd get a Wii if they had this).
10. THIS ONE IS ALSO HARDWARE: A keyboard so you can enter names better into Madden and MVP Baseball.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:42:59 AM »

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 12:54:12 PM »
Yo, those have ALL been made, except 6 (maybe) and 9, and it depends on the system for 10.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »
You do realize how incredibly terrible #9 would be, I hope.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »
Assuming it would be incredibly terrible, he obviously doesn't otherwise he wouldn't have put it on his wish list.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »
1. Colin McRye Rally
3. Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
4. Umm...3 in Three
7 & 8. Every Tycoon Game Ever

Yeah...no offense, but those aren't exatly pitch-worthy games.

Here's an idea that's been floating around in my head: a game centered around a single weapon. You can customize in countless ways (ammo type, melee attack, barrel/stock/whatever length, grip style, clip size, grappling hooks, scopes, etc.). You would be able to deploy it as a turret, put chrome plating on it, spraypaint it, and all kinds of other stuff. Of course, eventually it might get old, but it's still a neat concept for a game, in my opinion.
every

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
It's not a bad idea.  Not really an idea for a game so much, but a good element (and it's not like you should always come up with a theme for the game, anyway).  It's probably been done, but it's not like it's unfun.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 02:56:54 PM »
SMB4, nuff' said, (and no, not SMW!!!)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print