Poll

If Mario wasn't invented, what game would take over?

Zelda
13 (36.1%)
Metroid
2 (5.6%)
Poke'mon
5 (13.9%)
Tetris
0 (0%)
Sonic
4 (11.1%)
Kirby
4 (11.1%)
Final Fantasy
5 (13.9%)
OTHER
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: If Mario wasn't invented...  (Read 10456 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »
That was hyperbole. Not opinion. And a pretty dumb post to boot.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 07:46:10 PM »
I need to think of a word for when this happens....

How about "Chuppwned"?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 08:46:34 PM »
Why would a lack of Mario cause the economy to go into a recession?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »
This brings up "It's a Wonderful Life" Dreams where we all own an 9-Year-Old System because that's either all that's been made or is good. Without Mario, 3/4 of the gaming community would be nonexistent.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »
There would be no Mario Kart, which spawned trillions of other "little kids'" racing games, meaning modern racing games would be relegated to more serious series like Gran Turismo.

Does this mean that the Cars game would suck straws? O_O;
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »
The Cars game (brace yourself)... might not exist!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »
Or maybe it would, since Mario probably wouldn't dictate the creation of a movie which would've inevitably had a game based on it due to the way today's game industry works.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 11:46:16 PM »
Simply put, without Mario, Nintendo wouldn't have made it very far. So don't think too hard on that.

I concur.  Nintendo probably would have gone out of business, changing the face of Video Games.  SEGA would probably have dominated, leaving Alex Kidd as the most popular character?  My point: All of the characters on the list probably wouldn't have existed if Mario wasn't invented.  Be glad, then go think about something more pleasant.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »
If Mario were never invented, turning a Blastoise sprite into Bowser would be impossible. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 06:37:47 PM »
I voted OTHER.

If Mario hadn't been invented, Popeye would probably be the most recognizable figure.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
The Cars game (brace yourself)... might not exist!

*faint*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:51 PM »
Well, it least CARS wouldn't exist.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 08:11:36 PM »
Well, it least CARS wouldn't exist.

A) There's no proof of that, unless you're being sarcastic, which is kinda hard to tell..
2) What's wrong with Cars?

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 08:22:15 PM »
Nothing. Cars was hilarious and fun to watch at the same time.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2007, 09:44:14 PM »
A) ...
2) ...

Hey, that's my bit. T_T Kidding!

Print