Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1720187 times)

« Reply #5505 on: May 02, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »
The Lord of the Rings movies are kind of off from the book. I have only seen the extended edition of the third one. The second one is way off. I am not looking forward to the movie of The Hobbit. It was supposed to b one movie, then The Hobbit Part 2 would be about what happened between The Hobbit and the beginning of The Fellowship. Now New Line CInema will try to extend scenes of The Hobbit so it leads into the next movie. And it's not enough that everything in the second LotR movie is changed from the book. A bunch of people who didn't like the name 'The Two Towers' because of 9/11 wanted the name changed.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5506 on: May 02, 2009, 11:11:52 PM »
I honestly do not remember there being very much difference between the book and movie of The Two Towers. The main difference is the last scene of the Fellowship movie occurring at the beginning of the Two Towers book.
Also, last I heard they were making two movies out of The Hobbit, not one movie from The Hobbit and another movie from made up stuff.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5507 on: May 02, 2009, 11:37:07 PM »
It won't be based off made up stuff, it will be based of the appendices of LotR.

And:In the book, there was no elves at Helm's Deep (except Legolas).

Faramir let Frodo, Sam and Gollum go along their way. He never took them to Osgiliath. Faramir was afraid of The Ring in the book.

In the movie, there was a scene where citizens of Edoras were evacuating to Helm's Deep, got attacked by wolves and Aragorn fell off a cliff. That wasn't in the book.

Rohan was winning the battle of the Hornburg before Gandalf arrived in the book.

The Ents decided to attack Isengard immediately in the book, instead of do nothing.

Wormtounge dropped the Palantir out of a window of Orthanc in the book. In the movie, Wormtongue stabbed Saruman in the back at the top of Orthanc (this is in the third movie, extended edition and happens outside Bag End in the book), Legolas shoots Wormtongue with an arrow and Saruman falls from the top of the tower while holding the Palantir.

In the movie, Theoden led the citizens of Edoras to Helm's Deep as a refuge. In the book, he was leading an army toward Isengard. He went to Helm's Deep because men of an army being led by Erkenbrand were attacked by a large army from Isengard and fled to Helm's Deep. Isengard's army was following Erkenbrand's scattered army to Helm's Deep, so Theoden led his army to Helm's Deep to help Erkenbrand.

In the movie, the Ents broke a dam and flooded Isengard. In the b ook, they dug trenches leading into Isengard, converged many rivers together, and made a dam to hold the water back. After the water builded up, the dam was broken and water poured into Isengard

And theres more. But I think I've said enough.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #5508 on: May 03, 2009, 01:38:43 AM »
I'm sick, I have a runny nose, blurry head, my limbs feel fatigued, and I have a sore throat (though that might be because of a mixture of the cold, watching an AFL game live, and GH:WT vocals the other night)

If my school EVER thinks it's a good idea to make us do Cross Country in the rain again, I'm sitting it out. Slightly more physical fitness isn't worth this.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5509 on: May 03, 2009, 02:45:44 AM »
After a whole lifetime of being the token "Mormon friend" to everyone (Mormon enemy to some), I told my dad today about my decline in faith.

As in, I feel I'm agnostic now. BP's heard my feelings about religion for a long while, but no one else really knew. And so today, I manned up and told my dad how I currently felt about religion. He nodded, then said

"You're still goin' to church tomorrow."

Y'see, I dread church now. I have to put on this (metaphorical) mask, and pretend I'm happy little Mormon boy, happy in my Mormon world, condeming those who go against our Mormon world (I'll cut off here, because this isn't the "Not at the Dinner Table" thread). So, I'm behind this facade. I have to pray, give talks, and do activities about things I don't really believe in anymore.

For three hours.

Ughghghg. And I told my dad I'm not comfortable with the facade, and he said

"You're still goin' to church tomorrow."

...so yeah. I feel all horrible for some reason.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #5510 on: May 03, 2009, 03:40:25 AM »
Maybe try saying it again after church; I suppose he could think it's a desperate ploy to get out of going. Might be worth a shot.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #5511 on: May 03, 2009, 03:43:56 AM »
Three hours? Sheesh. When I go to church its like, 45 mins.

But yeah, I agree. Tell him again after church.
That was sarcasm. c:

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5512 on: May 03, 2009, 04:19:02 AM »
Join my church. We worship beds. Every Sunday morning we spend three hours in them as human sacrifices. They always let you live for faithfully oversleeping but it hurts when they let you go.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5513 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »
I used to go to a youth church where we'd play video games and pool for two hours before service, which had live Christian hard rock (including the first live performance by Icon For Hire, a band that's really popular around here) and humorous videos and other fun stuff. Then the place got robbed, and stuff started happening (including me being attacked outside after service one night for no apparent reason; apparently it happened to someone else another time later), and I stopped going.

I agree with the two posts above BP's and think BP's service could be extended a bit.

« Reply #5514 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
Getting just three hours of shut-eye per night must take a brutal toll on your system, Bird Person. Goodness.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5515 on: May 03, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »
That's extra sleep.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5516 on: May 03, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
SPECIFY, MAGGOT!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5517 on: May 03, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
I did say "every Sunday morning," from a traditional day/night point of view that suggests it does not include what you're doing before daylight, which includes sleep.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5518 on: May 03, 2009, 10:50:06 PM »
Don't call BP a maggot!

This is a Mario fansite. Call him Wiggler, or if you prefer other caterpillar like things from video games, Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Moldrom, etc..

I have angst because I had a migraine today. I barely made it home from work before I got sick, and then slept for three and a half hours. I hope this doesn't mean I won't sleep tonight, but it probably does, considering how late it is already..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #5519 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »
For two weeks I have not eaten any meat. That is, I've gone vegetarian. I can't say it's been fun. I miss eating chicken, burgers and the like. But I feel healthier and it's for a good cause I guess.

EDIT: I wasn't sure if I should post this tidbit in the HOPEFUL or ANGST thread...so I picked ANGST just because I miss eating meat.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:55:46 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print