Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1724793 times)

« Reply #1605 on: March 04, 2007, 08:48:02 PM »
I got the worst report card EVER.

Math: B
English: B+
History: A
Science A-
Spanish: C

According to my mom, I should "go drop out of school and commit suicide" because she thinks I'll "never get into any Ivy League college".

Huh? That doesn't seem like a bad report card at all. That's a terrible thing to say to someone's own child. Ask her nicely to apologize. If she doesn't, ask more assertively. If that doesn't work either, try going to someone, like a guidance counselor, and tell them what your mother told you. They might be able to fix something.

As much as I find you annoying, I cannot tolerate parents who say things like that to their own children.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1606 on: March 04, 2007, 08:49:10 PM »
From what I've heard about CTOAN's mother, I would not like her very much. I'll control my temper and not start a very long rant on how I hate poor parents, but saying "go drop out of school and commit suicide"  to your child is not okay. Not even doom Music will justify it. But really, CTOAN, I don't see how that's a very bad report card.

Oh, and Vid's right, you should take a stand against your mother; it's your life and not her's.

« Reply #1607 on: March 04, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »
I wish my report cards back in school looked like that.. I was a B's and C's student. My parents were not mad at me, though, because they knew that I would try hard to get B's and C's. They were proud if I brought home all B's.

But, they would never tell me "to go drop out of school and commit suicide". I mean, they might say it as a joke, when we get to joking around (my family is very light hearted a lot of the time), but they would never say something like that and mean it.

Are you sure you're not adopted?.. ok, now seriously, I agree with the others: Go tell somebody what your mom told you. The sooner you stomp on this problem, the sooner it can be over.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1608 on: March 04, 2007, 09:16:02 PM »
I guess she doesn't realize that colleges don't look quite so much at what grades you made so much as look at how advanced the classes are that you took. And you're not even in 9th grade yet? Colleges don't even care until then. Man, combined with what she's said about computers, I think she's crazy.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1609 on: March 04, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »
My parents claim to not care about our grades that much, but when I got a B+ in CWP*, my mother was furious.

*Contemporary World Problems, a completely awful class

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1610 on: March 04, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »
My parents have always said what matters is the effort, not the grade. If we try our best and get a D, they won't be mad at us, although they'd probably be like WTD toward the instructor.

I'm way harder on myself than my parents are on me. Ever since middle school, I've been like "I MUST get all A's!" to the point it's made me sick. Literally. My parents have had to reassure me that a B isn't the end of the word, but I'm still like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!" (I did end up getting one B senior year in an honors class where I pretty much made up the entire course's worth of material in one day. One B tarnished my straight-A record in HS. That still kills me. Although ~8 WPs is what looks pretty bad on my transcript.)

Go go OCPD aka Perfectionism Disorder.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:53:46 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #1611 on: March 05, 2007, 12:27:10 AM »
While we're discussing report cards, here's my most recent:

Math: A
English: A
Geography: A
Band: A
Spanish: A
Science: A
Health: A

GPA: 4.571

Class rank: 6/460

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1612 on: March 05, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
Wow...I was 76th out of about the same number of kids in my class last semester.  But 6th?  Wow.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1613 on: March 05, 2007, 04:00:52 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling that CTOAN's tyrannical parents are what causes him to act the way he does. I mean, they have him convinced that gay people are evil. I sometimes feel kinda bad for him.

« Reply #1614 on: March 05, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
EDIT: I have absolutely no idea what she actually said, since most of the time I wasn't paying attention. When she was done lecturing me, my brother, who's only 9, came over and told me that she said all of that stuff, as a joke (to my brother).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:20:58 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1615 on: March 05, 2007, 06:21:25 PM »
:(
I am without a guitar for about a week, as my acoustic has a busted string and I have to have work done to my Epiphone.
Additionally, I left my jump drive at at school, and I have work really hard on my research paper tonight. Fortunately, only the rough draft is due tomorrow.

« Reply #1616 on: March 06, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
I got the worst report card EVER.

Math: B
English: B+
History: A
Science A-
Spanish: C

According to my mom, I should "go drop out of school and commit suicide [long version of a lecture about living a really crappy life]" because she thinks I'll "never get into any Ivy League college".

That's a horrid thing to tell a child. That's not even a bad report card!!! That's actually fairly good for math and Spanish isn't even your native language. So there. Don't let your mom put you down. DO NOT commit suicide.

Well, my mom always pushes me to do my best in school. But she will not accept an F, D, or C. She says that I can do better and pushes me (gently, motherly-like) to do better. It always works...well, most of the time. She has never told me that I won't make it to so-and-so if I don't do this. She says that we must go to school, get an education, and make better the world and get a job so we won't be living on the streets....and so we can take care of her :D

On last semesters report card, I got A's in everything besides science and math. B in science. Blah, I don't like science. That research report on Liger's saved my hiney. And I probably got a C in math. For some reason, the grade wasn't on my report card. A 'C' is bad. Bad...bad...in math, that is. Gotta work harder...

I used to obsess over my grades. I did make myself sick. Sick for weeks on end but still doing math. I got a B and nearly worked myself to death to raise it. Even though the test grade never raised. Ya. It really helped though, in the first years of middle school, that I had a wonderful lady-teacher who really thought highly of me. Now I have cooled down. I am stressing over math right now. But that's it. My new guy-teacher. Well, lets just say he's a bit on the lazy side and doesn't bother.

Wow...I got a 4.0 GPA in the 6th and 7th grade.

I wrote a lot :D.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1617 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »
@Vid: ...I'm annoying? In what ways?
@Shroom: I've been thinking about taking a stand. In fact, I have, but she gets even more mad and makes the situation even worse.
@MaxVance: Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's crazy too. Not crazy, like "mental", but crazy, with grades, and stuff.
@Chef: There were a lot of other things that influenced me that gays are evil. Also, it's my mom that's the problem. If I had a choice between living with my mom or my dad, I would live with my dad, because he's "normal" and lets me do stuff that my mom wouldn't approve of (like riding my bike around the neighborhood without having an adult watch me).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1618 on: March 06, 2007, 01:33:25 PM »
Wow, this topic has become very serious. Makes me wanna make fart noises with my hands just to lighten things up.

My parents are generally very nice, especially concerning my grades (usually slightly below average, but straight-A's in others). According to the school, I'm actually pretty good, but my mind wanders a lot and I have a hard time focusing. But other than that, I'm pretty edjumacated. I done got lots of book-larnin' and whatnot.
every

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1619 on: March 06, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
Glorb, this is the ANGST thread. We post all of our bad stuff here.

But anyways, I probably have the worst grades out of all the people in the Fungi Forums. I don't exactly remember them, but for all I care I got an F in Algebra, and as soon as my Mom figured that out, she gave me a 5 hour rant on what a bad kid I was and that I wasn't going to be successfull (In a really bad sort of way, swearing, Insults, You=nothing lots of stuff.)... I cried that night and told her I would never speak to her again, then at the end of those hours she tried to comfort me and say I could do better but I told her to (insert something bad) off.

Print