Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1724851 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4065 on: January 27, 2008, 06:48:08 PM »
(one of the best worst webcomics out there.)
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4066 on: January 27, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
I agree with Chup. Ctrl+Alt+Del has way too much text and never enough jokes. Also, notice how Tim Buckley draws his characters' faces all alike?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4067 on: January 27, 2008, 11:00:25 PM »
Go Penny Arcade!

(not trying to bash CAD, though. Still, I've seen a little of it, and it's not that funny)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4068 on: January 27, 2008, 11:36:22 PM »
I'm not really big on ANY of the gamer comics. VG Cats is alright.

But I mostly look at PBF and Achewood (which is sometimes NSFW). =/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:18:12 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4069 on: January 27, 2008, 11:42:07 PM »
PBF and xkcd. I was reading Ozy and Millie for a while, but I guess I stopped reading at some point. I still get them emailed to me, so I'll probably catch up at some point...

EDIT: Forgot about Pixel. I always forget about Pixel...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:37:05 AM by WarpRattler »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4070 on: January 28, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »
VG cats is also universally bad. Penny-Arcade was super funny for a while a few months ago. Before and after that, not really at all.
PBF, xkcd, Pixel and Chugworth for me (Chugworth NSFW)
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4071 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »
I wouldn't say CAD is one of the worst comics out there.  But in saying that, I'm only saying that 99% of comics out there are just really bad.
Penny-Arcade has funny streaks and a lot of dull streaks.
VGCats has gotten progressively worse, but if you want funny, check out NeoGAF whenever there is a new strip.
For video games, particularly Nintendo, I'd say Awkward Zombie is the best right now.
PBF and xkcd are almost always funny, though you have to have a lot of knowledge to get every xkcd strip.
PhD is also consistently funny if you're a grad student.
Edit: forgot about JJ's Filibuster Cartoons!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:40:06 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4072 on: January 28, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »
Yeah, Awkward Zombie! I've been wanting an update from that place for a while.

I used to like F@NB0Y$, but it hasn't been as great as I remembered as of late. Plus it's on hiatus currently.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4073 on: January 28, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
My current favorites:
- xkcd
- Foxtrot

My previous favorites:
- The Far Side
- Calvin and Hobbes

I know this aren't all webcomics.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4074 on: January 28, 2008, 04:33:10 AM »
Here are the webcomics I read:

Penny Arcade -- (own all the print books too (the best thing about PA is actually the podcast IMO)
Least I Could Do
C'est La Vie
F Minus -- (I think it might be a newspaper comic but I read it online and have never seen it in a newspaper)
Questionable Content
xkcd
PhD -- (I think reading this is 1/3 the reason I'm not in grad school right now)
Chugworth Academy
Filibuster -- (made by the infamous J.J.)
PIXEL
Three Panel Soul -- (sweet art)
F@NBOY$ -- (Not on hiatus, just one per week (better than VGCats lol!))
Perry Bible Fellowship -- (recently bought the hardcover book)
VG Cats -- (but I'm starting to feel ashamed to read it)
Krakow -- (actually just ended, like with an actual ending. Weird for a webcomic!)
Elf Only Inn -- (no new ones in a long time)
Looking For Group -- (by the same guys as LICD)
Loserz -- (was pretty awesome, then it died, came back, and died again)

And then a lot of other stuff that's been dead so long I won't even bother mentioning them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4075 on: January 28, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
Yeah, I went to VGCats... for a while. But, hey, all in all, no one's funny all the time.

Hey, d'ya think I, or someone, should make a separate thread about this? Not very angst-y, per se...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4076 on: January 28, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail181.html

I used to like reading CAD, but I lost interest after spending 2 hours reading the first 3 years of comics. That was pretty much the only webcomic I've ever known and heard of.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4077 on: January 28, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
I try to avoid readin webcomics, since I have to eventually go through the pain of seeing it go through of Simpons-like era of crapitude for a year or two.
every

« Reply #4078 on: January 28, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
PBF and We The Robots (which is great). I also read CAD, but mainly for the newsposts. The comics themselves suck. Cyanide and Happyness has its funny moments but normally sucks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:43:36 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #4079 on: February 04, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
eww webcomics.

Anyways, I've been doing some research to try and figure out what's wrong with me. I've been feeling more lifeless than ever and instead of getting worked up over things that annoy me IRL, I simply let it slide and move on with my life. I've also become more distant and apathetic towards others and my life in general, even though I still get some joy out of video games and my computer. There's also those feelings of inadaquecy that sneak up on me during a slow day, and I'm constantly bored with everything.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print