Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711877 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2006, 11:47:12 PM »
Plus, it seems I forgot a miniscule detail: she's Lincoln's WIFE for History Day. Go figure.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2006, 09:11:48 AM »
Wow, this Madison girl sounds totally hot.

But I agree with Insane Steve. People who can't contribute to society in any way deserve to get bent.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2006, 10:00:32 AM »
My first semester in college, I took a course that was STRICTLY about Abraham Lincoln for our university's Honors Program. Heh.

This Madison reminds me pretty much exactly like that girl I mentioned earlier who said I needed to die for drinking soda. She also stared in awe for about 40 seconds at two people at our lunch table because their sweaters were about a 1/4th of a shade of the spectrum away from each other. She also remarked in amazement another day that "your Jello is orange".

One other detail of note about this girl is that she was given the title of Prom Queen later that year. She was a freaking anorexic. Attractive face, but not an attractive person. AT ALL. This event was one of the key determining factors of me not going to Senior Prom the next year despite actually having a girlfriend to ask to it to the first time ever. Her reaction was one of the key determining factors in us breaking up soon after. (I.E., unfixible personality differences.)

Haven't had a girlfriend since. Ah well. C'est la vie.

Although, it enrages me, a LOT, when I see total jerks (for lack of a less offensive term) who are obviously drunk, and obviously don't care about women other than to make out with them/get in their pants stagger into a building drunk with something like 3 girls hanging from his shoulders. Honestly. What do you people see in these wastes of a human life that you don't see in someone like myself? This was probably the biggest cause of occasional periods of depression that I had in my second semester of college. I mean, almost everyone I know is dating or found someone to date when I met them, and I haven't even found someone I'd want to ask out (that isn't already with someone I respect enough to not try and ruin this relationship with.) - which is a bit frustrating. At times.
~I.S.~

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2006, 10:26:22 AM »
I hate people that argue with me about my opinion it tics me off, and I hate it when people dont post on my topics.(neotev not in good mood today)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:42:10 AM by neotev »
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2006, 02:52:23 PM »
Stay gold, neotev, stay gold.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »
The flood control really annoys me. It seems like it could easily go down to 15 or 30 seconds, since we don't have people like DarthTedd64 around anymore.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2006, 07:22:01 PM »
The Outsiders was such a great story.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2006, 08:22:35 PM »
Oh man, something awful happened to me today. I lost all my data on my DK64 cartridge! I got it used, and I never took it out of my N64 since I got it, until today. I had one completely finished file and two other ones I had gotten pretty far on, and after I took the game out today and put SM64 in, to make sure it did play when I had an expansion pack inserted into the system, I found that all the files on DK64 were EMPTY when I put it back in! This is how it happened: I was testing my duplicate N64 expansion pack to make sure it worked (I'm thinking of selling it), so I took out and put in my two expansion packs a few times. During this time I turned on DK64 a few times to see if the game worked properly after I inserted the packs. Then, after I had put the first pack back in, I tried putting SM64 in for the reason mentioned above. Then I put DK64 back in, and got a black screen when I turned it on. So I took it out and put it back in, or maybe just wiggled it. I don't remember if I had to take it out and put it in any more times to get it to work, but when I did, I found that all the files were empty. After the initial shock, I decided to see if the game would retain any new data. So I started a new file, and got the first banana, and then selected "Save" on the Pause screen. I turned the game off and turned it back on, and the files were all EMPTY again! I guess the game was already fairly old before I started playing it, and I admit that I did sometimes play for long periods, even though I don't know if that had any effect on it. I know I got WAY more than 50 hours of play out of it - maybe even 100 or more; it's just that good of a game. Fortunately, I have plenty of money right now (I'm saving up to get the new Nintendo system that I still can't get myself to say the name of), so I promptly ordered another copy off Half.com.

EDIT: Holy cow, that was long.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2006, 09:53:52 AM »
Also I hate that stupid Matrix and Divinci code ad on the top of the screen thy always make the internet go slow
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »
I hate the fact that SonicTeam has to add another mew character for every freaken mew Sonic game that comes out!! What about all the old characters like Fang the Sniper and Mighty the Armadillo!? First Shadow came along, and he was alright, but then they kept adding more and more useless characters like Cream the Rabbit, Blaze the Cat, Jet the Hawk, Wave the Swallow and Storm the Albatross, most of which are are rip-offs of already existing characters!! The worst part is that(with the exception of Cream) these characters appear ONCE and never return again!!!
Now, I hear news of a another hedgehog appearing in the new Sonic game for the 360 and another new character in Sonic Rivals on the PSP!! How big can the cast get!? The problem with these characters is that they only show up for one game and hog the spotlight throughout it, and none of the classic characters like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get the proper billing they deserve. Man, I miss the god old Sonic vs. Eggman days. Toobad Eggman is naver the main villan anymore. He's always replaced by some other more powerful entity and ends up having to help Sonic. This is not good. *sighs*

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2006, 09:43:49 PM »
Maybe I should be posting this in the HOPEFUL thread, but you can partially disregard my last post about DK64. I took out and put in the game a few more times, and guess what? MY DATA WAS BACK!!! I never heard of something like that happening before with a game. Well, that's definitely good. As for the extra copy of the game I ordered, unnecessarily as it turns out, I can just sell it to my friend; I've been encouraging him to get the game anyway, since he has a N64 and enjoys SM64, and so will probably like DK64 also.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
That happened to me with a game once, the data disappearing and reappearing the next time... Hmm, I think it was N64 too.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »
I had that happen with a GCN memory card. Twice.  Never lost any data though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2006, 11:06:59 PM »
Speaking of losing data, I found that whenever you threw my old Gameboy Color, it would reset. At first I saw it as a problem, but then I realized all I needed to do was not throw my Gameboy Color.

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2006, 12:43:26 AM »
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

"Then don't do that."

Print