Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711447 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #390 on: July 01, 2006, 05:56:47 PM »
Sooner or later we'll all be dead.
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Fight Club
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #391 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »
If I had a choice, I would choose to live forever until the end of time.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #392 on: July 01, 2006, 11:35:26 PM »
Why? That sounds like torture if you ask me. 'Twould be boring.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #393 on: July 01, 2006, 11:40:38 PM »
Why? That sounds like torture if you ask me. 'Twould be boring.
Living forever would be torture?  I've always thought of torture being closer to death.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »
It would be painful, though, seeing all of your friends and family die off, knowing that you'll never see them in the afterlife. Plus... you'd get even lonlier due to the fact that you'd be bed-ridden, fragile and old. Sounds like a pretty morbid lifestyle to me.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #395 on: July 02, 2006, 12:06:56 AM »
I don't think living forever implies "bed-ridden, fragile".  "Old", yeah, that's redundant.  If someone or one(s) were to live forever I'd guess that their bodies would be self repairing or that they wouldn't need bodies anymore.  Read some of Ray Kurzweil's writings for more info.  I suggest Fantastic Voyage.

« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »
I was basing it on the assumption that they'd just age normally, but you raise a good point.

*reads site*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #397 on: July 02, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »
It would be painful, though, seeing all of your friends and family die off, knowing that you'll never see them in the afterlife.

That would be painful and extremely sad, although I don't believe in an afterlife, so that is why I would want to live forever.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #398 on: July 02, 2006, 09:57:10 AM »
Hasn't anybody read Tuck Evelasting?!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #399 on: July 02, 2006, 10:17:27 AM »
Tuck Everlasting is a story designed to depress you or something. Things wouldn't have to play out that way.
That was a joke.

« Reply #400 on: July 02, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »
You can live forever... it just takes true belief.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2006, 02:05:15 PM »
OK I just got back from a sports shop. I hate how they don't have any left-handed golf clubs in stock. I mean I wasn't going to buy any but it irritates me to see I'll have to special order them if I want any.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2006, 03:53:06 AM »
My internet is even worse than it was before. I'm talking about ping timeouts at 9 PM. Direcway/Hughesnet is the Dukariest thing ever, they say the box has to have direct contact with the sky, but it can't handle a little bit of heat...
It's YOUR problem!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2006, 11:30:34 AM »
My DSL slows down when it is hot out and breaks down more often then when it is winter time.  If would like to complain about the stupid ban on big air fireworks in some states!  People forget that those kinds of fireworks explode in the air where nothing can catch fire.  They should really ban ground fireworks.  Nobody on my street listens to that ban anyway.  Last  year almost every house had illegal fireworks!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »
Ah, we've got that ban too. It sucks, this is probably the first time we're spending the fourth at my house, and I always used to wonder "why don't we ever use good fireworks?" and I was excited that this year it'd be our responsibility to provide them... but now I know they're not legal. Probably because of all those stupid gangstas in that dirty nasty community down the road... Like, for a while there was this ice cream truck by the side of a building and it had graffiti all over it and the windows were broken. Now it's gone but the wall looks much worse now. Gangsters ruin everything. Six Flags is even going to close Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor (sorry to tell you, G-Dawg) because they've had too many problems with those stupid people. They're offering to sell it to anyone who wants to keep it running (best-case scenario) or to someone who will take all the rides and stuff out and do whatever with it (not best-case scenario) or if no one will buy it they'll just close it  (worst-case scenario. It'd suck to see all that beautifully-arranged metal to just sit there and do nothing...). I asked my mom "Hey, why don't we buy it? It'd be the best thing ever." And she said "Uhh, you have a billion dollars?" I wish we'd win the lottery. My dad always says "We're gonna WIN" when he gets a ticket, but it never happens. Does it ever happen to anyone? Ever? What if no one buys the winning ticket? What if there's a printing mistake and a hundred people win? I never win anything. Except Mario games. Oh wai, I just lied. One time everyone got tickets for some drawing and I won a CD player. My dad took it to work and claims he uses it every day. And one time I won a drawing at the bowling alley and got a free $15 Target gift card. That went towards NSMB. Anyway... um... I wonder if anyone reads posts ths long...
It's YOUR problem!

Print