Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711454 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2006, 11:58:10 AM »
I never understood bans on fireworks, personally. Most of the people getting hurt by them... come on. "Hey, let's see what happens if we shoot the bottle rocket at John's face! Duhhuhuhuhuhh!"

In other pointless ban news...

Hey, guys, I saw a news story that many legislators are proposing a ban on ALUMINUM BASEBALL BATS. This is incredibly ridiculous. So, the ball travels, what, 10 MPH faster off of a metal bat and maybe 3 more children per decade get killed by line drives. Except the velocity isn't the problem here so much as WHERE the baseball hits you. Or, we pass this ridiculous ban, thousands of kids leave baseball (because they're too small to properly handle heavy wooden bats), don't get active, and die of obesity-related problems in early adulthood as a result. Seriously. It's like our government WANTS society to go down the crapper.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:00:50 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #406 on: July 03, 2006, 12:13:26 PM »
"Hey, let's see what happens if we shoot the bottle rocket at John's face! Duhhuhuhuhuhh!"
Brilliant idea! Muhahaha...
But really, you could just as easily blast your arm off with a ground-bound firework.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »
Yeah, I hate fireworks bans too. The main thing you need when using them is common sense.

Oh, and a lighter.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:04:58 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2006, 04:54:13 PM »
Firework bans aren't all about personal safety around here. Well, yes, they are, but not directly. They put bans on most fireworks because the land around here is so dry, sparks or something could fall and set something on fire. No good.

« Reply #409 on: July 03, 2006, 08:25:06 PM »
I saw a house burning down a couple days again and I never realized until now that it was probably firework related.

« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2006, 09:12:39 PM »
ANGST!

Within the last 5 days, I have either directly witnessed or at least seen the evidence of a 300 lb. naked woman urinating on Soul Calibur II in an arcade, an old man walking through the mall not realize he was defecating leaving a 100m trail of pants-funneled excrement along the ground, and a giant dukar that someone took on the floor of the bathroom in Hastings where I work.

Luckily I have the sort of constitution that can handle these sorts of things without much trouble, but still...

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »
* solidshroom hurls
Anyway, I am really mad because of the flood that swept across my town has left my local gamestop closed for the past week, and I doubt it will open back up soon. This really sucks. The place wher Gamestop is was stupic anyway. It was next to wal-mart and the place where wal-mart is in has 3 small ponds around it and it's lower than the highway. This is asking for flooding.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
One of my cats keeps scratching at the door and meowing, wanting to be let in. If I let him in, he just gets in my lap and blocks my access to my keyboard.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #413 on: July 04, 2006, 11:59:56 AM »
Within the last 5 days, I have either directly witnessed or at least seen the evidence of a 300 lb. naked woman urinating on Soul Calibur II in an arcade, an old man walking through the mall not realize he was defecating leaving a 100m trail of pants-funneled excrement along the ground, and a giant dukar that someone took on the floor of the bathroom in Hastings where I work.

What in the world!  Do people use toilets where you live?  Ewwwwwww!  That's gross!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2006, 12:14:54 PM »
Say what you want, but I think it's cute!  Oh wait, nevermind, that is rather... well you know...

I'm a bored person right now!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
I don't know what's more hilarious: the toilet humor at Lizard Dude's workplace or the reaction's it's getting.

As for angstiness, well my watch is breaking down. It works perfectly fine, but the strap is going to break sooner or later. In fact, it's only connected by about 3 strings. Um, my issue of Nintendo Power has not arrived and it should've been here 2 weeks ago. I've also taken count of my GBA games and I've dicovered I'm missing 3 games. I've already tried searching for them, but I couldn't find them. Lastly, I feel bad for RVD and Sabu. Being caught with drugs by the police is bad enough, but facing the possibility of being fired, stripped of the title, or buried in the undercard will probably be just as bad.

Yeah, that's about it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »
That's funny.  One of my Nintendo Power issues never came at all!  It made me angry!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #417 on: July 04, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »
AARRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Angst is coming out of my ears.
The Lynyrd Skynyrd concert I was going to was rained out!!!!
Also, my local gamestop is closed for the next few months!!!!!!
>=(
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:12:47 PM by solidmushroom »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
*punches a whole i the wall* GRRRRRRRRRRR.. ANGST! Yesterday there where some storms and the city din't fire any works! But we lighted some, but the all got blown away or rained on....
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2006, 12:42:41 PM »
Man. I got something to complain about. I had a concussion about a week or two ago. Me and my friends were wrestling and somehow I flung out of a headlock and hit the back of my head on my friends knee really hard. I couldn't remember much, but I went to the hospital in an ambulance, and I was fine the next day after that. I forgot a whole lot of stuff, though. I was talking to my friend afterwards, and I seriously forgot her last name even though I spent a lot of my time with her. She almost slapped me when I asked her what he last name was. :P

Was that angsty enough for you?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print