Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711638 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
I find it odd that all of these fireworks shows are getting rained on.  I also had a big storm at my house and all the shows were almost cancelled.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
I am currently filled with ANGST because I went looking for the "Song that never dies" thread and came across a thread in the Story Board with a fanfic I read years ago called "Quest for Destiny". It was the greatest thing I ever read(better than "The Prophecy"), and at the time of said reading the fanfic wasn't even half-finished. The thread I found had link to the fanfic on FanFiction.net but all I got was a "404 File Not Found", which probably means the fanfic has been wiped off the Fanfiction.net database and quite possibly the whole web. This sorta thing happens to me alot. Sites like Nintendo Writer's Paradise and Ninsprites want down as soon as I discovered their exsistance. This ****es me off because I never realized how awesome the internet was until it was too late. I once planned to join the IGN Boards(Sonic and Mario to be exact), but by the time I was old enough, all the intellegent posters left and the place became riddled with spam. The only place I had left was here, The Fungi Forums, so thta's why I joined when I did. I really hate being late, as this may have led you to believe, so that's my ANGST for now.

~This has been an ANGST-filled post by The Chef

« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »
Well my baseball practice sucked today. We ran laps for half an hour...sprinting...because a couple of people weren't hustling to their positions. (I wasn't one of them.)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »
Expanding on G-Dawg's post...

Why do authority figures (most frequently people running public schools) nowadays feel that the only way to discpline one individual's transgressions is to punish an entire group of people, all but one of which had absolutely nothing to do with anything? Do we nuke entire towns when one person murders somebody because "the entire town needs to be taught a lesson?" NO. All these people are doing is fomenting resentment against the individuals involved, and absolutely nothing positive is actually accomplished. It's a horrible system that needs to be stopped but probably won't be.
~I.S.~

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2006, 09:12:07 AM »
Whenever one of my teachers punished the whole class like that, it was usually because the person who misbehaved or whatever had to be a total pansy and not speak up about what they did. The teacher unfortunatly had no other solution at the time, so in a case like that, I blame the student. It makes me angry to no end whenever one of my fellow students chooses to follow the path of dishonesty in such a manner. Otherwise I agree with you, IS.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:13:44 AM by The Chef »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »
I hate it when teachers punish the whole class because it is being to loud!  Then the next day they say that they appreciate how quiet and respectful you are yet they punish you with the rest of the class.

« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2006, 03:54:27 PM »
I hate teachers that are stupid in general. My art teacher, Mr. Vatcher, said "This week you were the best 8th grade class." The next week "You guys know that you are one of the worst classes I have, don't you?" He is a complete retard. He didn't even teach us art, he'd tell us to draw something the way he does and if you didn't get it right...you failed. I'm glad I'm never going to be in his class again.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2006, 04:38:47 PM »
Why do authority figures (most frequently people running public schools) nowadays feel that the only way to discpline one individual's transgressions is to punish an entire group of people, all but one of which had absolutely nothing to do with anything? Do we nuke entire towns when one person murders somebody because "the entire town needs to be taught a lesson?" NO. All these people are doing is fomenting resentment against the individuals involved, and absolutely nothing positive is actually accomplished. It's a horrible system that needs to be stopped but probably won't be.
I agree. Seems to me that they think it's too hard (and/or time consuming) to punish a single person.

Whenever one of my teachers punished the whole class like that, it was usually because the person who misbehaved or whatever had to be a total pansy and not speak up about what they did. The teacher unfortunatly had no other solution at the time, so in a case like that, I blame the student. It makes me angry to no end whenever one of my fellow students chooses to follow the path of dishonesty in such a manner. Otherwise I agree with you, IS.
In such a case like that, it almost seems that the teacher thinks that we all know who did something and that we will "punish" that person ourselves. I really hate that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060706/sc_space/globalwarmingfuelsusforestfires

While increased temperatures would make dryer forrests which woulld be more likely to burn when struck by lightning, I think other human policies are more to blaim for forrest fires than global warming is.  I'm not saying global warming isn't happening.  It is.

I think the big problem is that we put out fires.  Yes, putting out fires causes forrest fires.  When growing up in Mississippi we would start fires in our pine grooves to burn off the dry dead under brush.  These fires would not burn the trees themselves, but removed the fuel from under them.  If we did not burn the under brush fuel periodicly a fire there would have more fuel, burn hotter and higher and therefor burn all our pine trees as well.

So, a buildup up of underbrush and a dry windy climate leads to forrest fires, but if the underbrush is kept in check then a dry windy climate would be less likely to cause forrest fires.

Edit:  The above is not a catfish story.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:06:27 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #429 on: July 09, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »
Mr. Vatcher also seriously thought he had the inability to be wrong. Whenever he would hear something at all, and sometimes when he wouldn't, he'd give my friend a warning. He kept him after class once and we were told he said "I'm the teacher. You're wrong. Go." And one time, he directly told me, alone, "I can't be the worst of all your teachers." And no matter how good or bad my things were, I'm always get a 23/25. It's like, he has an opinion on every student he has and he will beat you to death with that opinion if it's a negative one.

But... I DID draw a pretty neat watercolor-pencil landscape of Peasantry, complete with Kerrek tracks... Why did I never scan that?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #430 on: July 09, 2006, 12:32:43 PM »
I agree with those who resent that "punish the whole group for one person's doing" mentality. Although it did seem effective for all my classes last year except for my Chemistry class. But then again my chemistry teacher didn't really know how to control a class. As for the other classes, since I was generally considered one of the good kids, I got special treament, so it more than made up for the punishment  ;D.

Man, I so miss my Art and English teachers. They knew the smart kids from the dumb kids and they had a deadpan, sarcastic sense of humor, which automatically makes them awesome in my book.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #431 on: July 11, 2006, 09:55:38 PM »
My wifi wont work!  I have tried everything and nothing works!  I don't know what to do anymore.  I guess I will never be able to play with other people from all around the world. :(

« Reply #432 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:26 PM »
Yeah, I am plagued with wifi problems myself. McDonald's always works, though...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »
Bah, I don't even have Wi-Fi.  I hate it when people overdramatize certain things.  Just the other day, I heard about two kids vandalizing a church, or some kind of building.  The first thing said was "It's obviously a hate crime, regardless of intent."

I mean, come on.  Two kids were just being idiots and craving attention.  It xcould have been that, but not likely.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
That's true. I think it is actually a little of both.

My school was supposedly going to send out a Summer Reading Project, but I never got one. So, my dad e-mails one of the staff members for the list. And as far as I know, no one got the list, and I will be the only one doing a useless reading project over summer. What's the point of Summer Break if we still have to do school work? It's a break from school, not a big, long break to do school work. It's not like we're going to forget how to read over the summer!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print