Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711832 times)

« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2006, 02:57:15 PM »
I know it's not my fault, but I can't help but feel guilty.  And if she does have HIV, I will support her.  I'm better today, yesterday just hit me like a ton of bricks.  It isn't the best outcome for one of the first women I liked, who was, as I thought, interested in me.  Right now I am just worried for her, since she's getting tested today. 

However I do not understand why you like Steve or Ashley in the first place.  Do I really have to say it?  I mean come on.  Just look at those two.  Do I really have to tell you why?

Uh, yeah, Please do tell me why.  I've been friends with Steve for years, and though Ashley...I am still going to be friends, and support her, I just need a bit more time to cool down.  I don't quite see what you are trying to say.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »
Uh, yeah, Please do tell me why.

I'm sorry Mike, I just can't.  I know that this is your life to live and not mine.  It would not do you any good if I told you what I think and what I would do. 
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »
We lost the All-Star tournament for baseball. BY ONE FREAKIN RUN!!! I wanted to play some more, oh well...*Goes to the HOPEFUL thread*

« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
I'm sorry Mike, I just can't.  I know that this is your life to live and not mine.  It would not do you any good if I told you what I think and what I would do. 

Wouldn't this be one of the only times you don't tell someone how to live, as, from what I have read, you try to enforce your thoughts onto any person, and now that you directly question me and my friends, you take to silence?  Don't you think you should shut up altogether, on all subjects, not trying to "help" every person here?  Or, at very least, explain what you say.  I'm getting over the situation little by little, but if there is something you must say about my friends, I see it as only necessary to tell me.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2006, 04:53:57 PM »
My heart is actually pounding here.  Have you ever noticed how irresponsible those two are?  STOP.  I cannot go on.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2006, 05:29:27 PM »
Oh phooey.  I guess I'll say that you shouldn't blame yourself, because the fact that those things happened like that seems way too "coincidental" or something.  And putting the blame on something doesn't help solve the problem.  If you feel that you're to blame, then I guess that's why you wish you could do something.  I don't know if there's much to do.  It just sounds like bad stuff already happened.  I guess if they need a friend, you'd be there.

All I have to complain about is that I'm gonig to start Driver's Ed in the near future, and it seems so time-consuming.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2006, 08:09:21 PM »
I'm kind of discouraged tonight because I found out that one of my friends from childhood is going down the wrong path.  She's younger than me, but she's been caught twice for underage drinking.  Her boyfriend isn't much of a patron saint either.  I just hope she doesn't get into more trouble.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #457 on: July 16, 2006, 12:09:03 AM »
Wow, I didn't think I'd be posting here, but I am expressing some ANGST! with the people here saying how bad anime is.

DO THEY ACTUALLY EVEN WATCH IT? If they don't watch it, they really shouldn't give an opinion on it, or stereotype it.

Not ALL anime has robots or magic in it.

Good example: Detective Conan/Case Closed. It is a semi-serial series that has a high school student trapped in an elementary school student's body who solves crime mysteries because his legal guardian is too stupid to solve them himself.

Another good example: Cowboy Bebop. Another semi-serial series that contained 26 episodes. Yes, there was combat and stuff, but the only "robotic" things involved were space vessels.

Some stuff might be cheesy, yes, like during fights when characters just have to shout the names of their attacks, etc. It's only a small price to pay for something that can actually be entertaining to watch.

If you don't like anime that's fine but if you say "anime is horrible its just all magic and robots fighting and crap" try ACTUALLY WATCHING SOME ANIME THAT IS ACTUALLY GOOD before you can form an opinion on it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #458 on: July 16, 2006, 12:20:10 AM »
More than entertaining, but if you watch the good stuff, engaging and even mentally stimulating and thought provoking. Something most visual entertainment lacks.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #459 on: July 16, 2006, 12:23:50 AM »
Of course, you really have to follow Anime. It is really for those who use their minds to watch TV. For example, Case Closed Had really hard cases! They played with you mind. Think of Scooby-Doo amplified.

« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2006, 01:25:05 AM »
I just spent a long time painting a very detailed portrayal of Vivian, the shadow siren, on this one program.  I was going to save the link, but something bad happened, and it's gone now.  Right after I finished.  Urgh. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2006, 01:29:50 AM »
I just want to say that robots and magic are cool!

On to the ANGST:

I started working a retail store check-out register, ya know, scanning the items and taking money, and I am getting annoyed at hearing, "Well, I guess it's free!" every time something fails to scan the first few tries. Do not say this to your store clerk. It is not funny or original and they have heard it ten thousand times. Maybe Deezer knows what I'm talking about.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2006, 01:44:22 AM »
I know what you mean, LD. I've heard it before. It's like the "Oh, they're berry good!" for berry-flavored crap as seen on TV. News flash, old people: your puns aren't funny, clever, new, or anything else but stupid. Come up with better jokes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #463 on: July 16, 2006, 02:03:51 AM »
Do you all remember the ANGST maker that roamed these forums. OF COURSE HOW COULD YOU FORGET?!
FAIREMASTER!!!!!
Here is my homage to this annoyance of all annoyances that ever annoyed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 02:07:47 AM by solidmushroom »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #464 on: July 16, 2006, 07:34:19 AM »
What was that supposed to mean? o_o
That was a joke.

Print