Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711472 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #675 on: September 02, 2006, 03:35:27 PM »
McDonald's complaints!

I was waiting in the car with my sister for my mom to return with my usual McD's order (visit the Fast Food thread for the "Mr.Melee's Choice"). While we were waiting, some lady/ grandma had her teenage grandkids or whatever with her. Well, she's opening the door for one, and she opens it right into our driver's side door! She just kept scratching and scratching it until she got into the car, without so much as a "sorry" or a phone number for the damage (a blue streak/ scratch). They just drive away. Luckily, I memorized the license number, so they'll pay. Well, Mom comes out, and says that they said they did not have the Mario toys. Well, my sister got one, so I'm like, "yeah, sure." Then, they give my sister McNuggets instead of a Double Cheeseburger. They also include no ketchup at all. So, my mom's quite frustrated now, with the scratch and order. Eventually, they straightened everything out, except there was still no ketchup :'( . Turns out, the people working were just stupid teenagers that don't know the difference between a Barqs root beer and a milkshake. Meh. McDonald's ANGST.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #676 on: September 03, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
Well, we're the same age, PaperMario. I wonder what 8th grade is going to be like.

I have angst against the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I CAN'T BEAT HER!

It'll be worse than 7th grade, but I'm sure we'll think about it one day and think " Wow, that was too easy ", or something like that.
Hey, we both have the same Paper Mario TTYD angst!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #677 on: September 04, 2006, 09:59:20 PM »
Well Uncle Melee, sometimes even Mcdonalds can't be trusted. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #678 on: September 05, 2006, 03:35:37 AM »
Man, everything in my house is falling apart.  Okay, maybe not everything, just the refridgerator.  And the microwave.  Maybe just the kitchen.  I'm not sure exactly whats wrong, but from what I've gathered, the area in the freezer where the cold air comes out has a build-up of ice, I think it has something to do with the ice maker...which has never worked right.  This causes the whole thing to either freeze everything.  Everywhere.  I don't like my milk lumpy and my eggs hard.  OR, to keep things in the freezer frozen, but not a brick, we turn it down, and the fridge is an ocean.  I think we may actually need to get a new one.

The microwave works alright, except half the buttons don't work...like 'Start'.

Oh, and we can't make toast without making half the house lose power.  Yeah, our house is an electricians nightmare.  Or fantasy, if they're working on the electric.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #679 on: September 05, 2006, 04:36:33 PM »
Ugh. Orchestra Angst.

I don't know why, but my orchestra director is a jerk. The problem is I have him first period, when I'm just waking up, and I get a healthy dose of yelling and screaming. I'm thinking "I so don't need this right now," and to make it worse, he always stands over my shoulder and watches me play. I get nervous and mess up, which results in more screaming. He tells me that I'm immature and........well, you get the idea.

Heh..............it's funny, but I'll probabley get someone telling me I'm immature for complaining, but if you had to deal with this guy (or someone like him, as I'm sure some of you have the same problem) you'd catch my drift.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #680 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »
My orchestra director isn't nearly that volatile. Neither was the guy before her (who died, by the way, due to his own foolishness*). Shouldn't your director be directing?

*I put that lightly. He went to a party, and alcohol killed him.

« Reply #681 on: September 05, 2006, 10:04:24 PM »
The only conductor I've harbored some sort of dislike for was my 5th grade conductor. There were technically two that year, but the cooler one mainly taught at another elementary school in the district.

He once insulted my poor ability to tongue notes (which I still cannot do very well to this day, which is due to the fact that I had a gap in my teeth, and I made it habit to tongue incorrectly) on the horn.

I have no idea if he is still conducting or not, and I don't really care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #682 on: September 05, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »
My middle school director was awesome.

My high school director... well... let's say he lets politics* interfere with his job a bit too frequently. I respected him at times, and at other times some of the things he did were just stupid. For example, he has this bizarre belief that the section leader in the trumpet section should not be seated any higher than fourth chair regardless of how good he is. Which resulted in me playing first trumpet sophomore and junior year, and second trumpet** senior year behind a freshman (a really good freshman, but at the time not better than I was at that time. I mean, now he's probably better than I was, but now is 2 years later). Senior year... I never practiced at all because the class period was more than enough time to learn my (significantly easier than the two years prior) parts. I got bored with my parts, burned out, and stopped playing after 12th grade.***

Ah well. As goes life, I guess.****

*(not government politics... school politics)

**(in our band, the first two chairs played first part, third and fourth played second, and fifth and sixth played third. There's 6 trumpets in our "upper" band, and the rest were placed in the lower band. I was second chair in 10th grade, first in 11th, and fourth in 12th. Guess what year I was section leader in.)

***(this is also due to poor luck in scheduling classes in college)

****(this footnote has no purpose other than to mock my own egregious use of footnotes in this post)
~I.S.~

« Reply #683 on: September 06, 2006, 12:20:04 AM »
Boo for First-day-of-junior-year angst. I have my first 3 periods with the same people, all of which I don't particularly like. They're the type of kids you see on The O.C. and the type that do everything together. Oh well, at least my 4th period class is fun.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #684 on: September 06, 2006, 12:30:05 AM »
Man, everything in my house is falling apart.  Okay, maybe not everything, just the refridgerator.  And the microwave.  Maybe just the kitchen.  I'm not sure exactly whats wrong, but from what I've gathered, the area in the freezer where the cold air comes out has a build-up of ice, I think it has something to do with the ice maker...which has never worked right.  This causes the whole thing to either freeze everything.  Everywhere.  I don't like my milk lumpy and my eggs hard.  OR, to keep things in the freezer frozen, but not a brick, we turn it down, and the fridge is an ocean.  I think we may actually need to get a new one.

The microwave works alright, except half the buttons don't work...like 'Start'.

Oh, and we can't make toast without making half the house lose power.  Yeah, our house is an electricians nightmare.  Or fantasy, if they're working on the electric.

Poor you :(. Our stove it out. So is our oven. We've been cooking in electric skillets. I CAN'T STAND IT! Washing them over and over, only being able to cook two dishes at a time, not enough space in them. And USING THE MICROWAVE! I'm sick of the microwave. I want my oven back, because I want to bake. I want my homemade peanut butter cookies. I want Pillbury buttery pop-open-the-pack biscuits. THOSE ARE THE BOMB!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #685 on: September 06, 2006, 07:44:56 AM »
I played the clarinet from 5th to 8th grade, and for some reason it was so funny, being in that class.  Soemtimes we would say something really funny inbetween songs, and then during the next song I'd crack up and sort of stop playing for a measure and the teacher would get angry.  But I can't help it some really fnny things happeed there.  That's where we saw our friend kissing the flute player through the window!  Man, band is fun when it's not too serious.  I mean, yeah, you play the song as well as you can, but after that, anything goes.  I guess the angst is that I'll miss occasions like that...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #686 on: September 06, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »
*I put that lightly. He went to a party, and alcohol killed him.

Remember, alcohol is not the killer, it's the person who drinks it. They killed themselves by drinking too much.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #687 on: September 06, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »
ANGST: Using MLA/APA

« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SWS2B has closed!
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #689 on: September 06, 2006, 04:15:37 PM »
SWS2B WTD
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print