Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711555 times)

« Reply #690 on: September 06, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
SWS2B WTD

http://www.sws2b.com/

It used to be one of the most famous/well-known websites about ROM-hacking/Sonic 2 Beta research.
Too bad it's gone.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #691 on: September 06, 2006, 04:47:21 PM »
ANGST!

My civics teacher just gave us this big assignment to do where we write a short story from the point of view of an immigrant. Though I'm taking the easy way out(having an immigrant from Great Britain), it couldn't get any harder. I'm no good at completely making up personalities, I'm only good at basing personalitiies off other characters or people. And I SUCK at taking on the personalities of other people. That's probably why I don't do role plays.

MORE ANGST!

My Granmommy's been in the hospital for a while. TO BE CONTINUED AT THE HOPEFUL THREAD...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »
http://www.sws2b.com/

It used to be one of the most famous/well-known websites about ROM-hacking/Sonic 2 Beta research.
Too bad it's gone.
* MaxVance to cantthinkofaname: :S
ANGST!

My civics teacher just gave us this big assignment to do where we write a short story from the point of view of an immigrant. Though I'm taking the easy way out(having an immigrant from Great Britain), it couldn't get any harder. I'm no good at completely making up personalities, I'm only good at basing personalitiies off other characters or people. And I SUCK at taking on the personalities of other people. That's probably why I don't do role plays.
* MaxVance to GiftedGirl: :S
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #693 on: September 06, 2006, 04:59:04 PM »
BAND ANGST!!!!

I have an all dayer on Saturday (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) and it will make me miss Auburn vs. Mississippi State.  And other college football games.  Sometimes I think Marching Band is interfering with my life.
-------------

« Reply #694 on: September 06, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
Dude. With my band, "interfering" is an understatement. We practice 15 hours a week, and Saturdays 8 to 5. That's not counting Tuesdays, which are sectionals and can go for another hour or so. Although the hours are a bit understandable, since we're preparing to do well at Grand Nationals.

Anyway: I have angst because we auditioned for chair placements in concert band today and I want to know my chair. They don't tell us till later. >:(

« Reply #695 on: September 06, 2006, 10:40:49 PM »
So, I'm in Wind Ensemble.

Because of my very open schedule, I can take part in the lower level bands (Symphonic, and Concert, I've been in both in previous years) and help out in the horn section which is lacking in both bands (no hornists at all in Symphonic, just one in Concert, if I recall correctly) if I'd like.

Symphonic Band, a band I was in my Sophomore and Junior year, bored me to tears due to the fact that the students in it LOVE to interrupt the teacher, when I want to play music (and we played not so good, when compared to how the Wind Ensemble plays).

Alright, on to the story. Today was my first day of classes, and the conductor (same conductor as in the other band), didn't have to pause for more than 3 seconds when students started to get a little over excited while orientating us.

Two periods later, in Symphonic, while I sat in a corner of the room, the conductor had to pause for more than 10 seconds a handful of times in the period, and due to the fact that the first three periods were shortened because of homeroom, they couldn't get through much of the Syllabus. Most of the jerks are still in that band (you not only have to be a good player to get into Wind, you need to be respectful as well), and I was glad that I didn't have to play in it, because I am in a higher band.

I think I'd need to be bribed if I wanted to play in that band again.

As for Concert Band, most of the freshman in there seem to be fine. Though, I DID get a form for early release by that time (It's 9th period, the last period of the day, and I have no class, so I can leave campus provided people know I have no more classes), I'm still undecided if I want to play in that band.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:44:46 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #696 on: September 06, 2006, 11:05:54 PM »
Tomorrow will be rather hellish, contrary to most of my recent days... I have to carry around EVERY TEXTBOOK I'VE GOT just to show some stupid freakin' government idiots that I have a set. Why don't they just go to the library and check our records? That's where the books came from. Looks like I'm not walking to 10th to get some lunch... if I had money to begin with.
Stupid Californian government. They're morons, every one of 'em.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #697 on: September 07, 2006, 12:52:05 AM »
Morons, indeed...The Language of Literature? What kind of name is that for a literature book? Can someone tell me and NOT make me feel like an idiot?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #698 on: September 07, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
The Language of Literature?

HOLY CRAP I HAVE THAT BOOK!!!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #699 on: September 07, 2006, 04:50:07 PM »
ANGST!

No way. My prediction was correct? I was trying to prove I WASN'T psycic to my brother! Now he'll never let me live it down.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #700 on: September 07, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »
This was going to be a short post saying today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it turned into a Hopeful Thread post. Link.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #701 on: September 07, 2006, 05:36:47 PM »
I guess Saturday won't be that bad, I'd just like some free time.  I think we do 9 hours a week, and football games on Fridays, but there is an all dayer every once in a while.
-------------

« Reply #702 on: September 07, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »
Good God. Please send your prayers to my dog right now. She was hit by a car going 30 just 5 minutes ago. I'm not crying, but I'm in shock. This is just.....terrible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #703 on: September 07, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »
* Toad sends prayers.

I hope your dog pulls through. I would hate think about what would happen if my dog were to be hit..

*shudders*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #704 on: September 07, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »
Ugh, I start school tomorrow, and I know already my history teacher's going to be angry at me.  I didn't do the summer work for the AP class, and he said that it's most of the first marking period grade.  But I don't mind so much, I did the same thing last year, and ended up being fine.  I'm also not looking forward to having to get up at 7.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print