Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711539 times)

« Reply #720 on: September 11, 2006, 03:37:52 PM »
Hahahaha, I lol'd. Nice thead, man!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #721 on: September 11, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »
Fine! Ok,I know I'm about to get banned(Not Complaining)and I have one last word. Bye Bye My fellow Mario Lovers!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #722 on: September 11, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »
What a little girl.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #723 on: September 11, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #724 on: September 11, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »
I... DON'T... GET IT!!!
I guess I should contribute while I'm here. I'm disappointed at how my lunch went today. My friend's mom was for some reason in the parking lot so she drove us to McDonald's. I don't... really feel like getting a Mario toy (the sight of Ronald McDonald ans Mario on the same board terrified me) so I just bought some form of nearly-raw meat with subpar onions, just like everyone else in the building. I'm glad to have a Mr. Pibb with that, but I'm flat broke. Just one nickel is in my wallet after this.
...Plus, I kind of hate McDonalds. Oh well, my mom gave me ten dollars, I can go get my fix of gum tomorrow like originally intended.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2006, 02:04:24 AM »
You have just one nickel in your wallet but your mom gave you ten dollars? I don't follow.

« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »
And, how does gum cost 10 dollars?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #727 on: September 12, 2006, 03:02:19 PM »
The giving of the ten dollars and going to buy gum are unrelated, besides the giving making the buying possible.

« Reply #728 on: September 12, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »
My Lord, they made you stay until 10:30 Markio?  Jeez, I would have ran off somewhere and used the cellphone, no-one tells me what I can't do.  Especially if what I wanted to do (like using the cell phone, or leaving the dance) was practical.  And not having a good time would have been horrible, it would have made me go on a rampage.
I only watch [adult swim]

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #729 on: September 12, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »
No no no, my mom gave me $10 after I got home. I was speaking in present tense of past evens, like... whateved. Should've said "had." My bad.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:51:23 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #730 on: September 12, 2006, 07:10:26 PM »

This gives me ANGST because I can't figure out its purpose.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
Wal*Mart ANGST.. *beware, as it is a long read*

There are so many good reasons not to work for Wal*Mart, and yet I can't leave because if I do, I'll be out of a job and won't be able to pay my rent, and.. well, you likely get the idea. Anyway, here is a list of things that people do at Wal*mart that gives me ANGST..

- If a cashier is standing in front of a {lighted} lane, do not ask him/her ignorant questions like "Are you busy?" "Are you open?" "Are you looking for something to do?" "Are you un-busy?".. You will likely be met with a responce that will make you want to go complain.

- If the cashier has turned their light off and is still checking people, _do not get in line_! I hate turning people away, but not if they're going to be half wits that stand in line and expcet me to check them out, especially when it's time for my break/lunch/go home.

- When your items are on the belt and the belt is moving forward, and they get up beside the place where the scanner is (very close to the cashier), __do not push the items forward__! The cashier can see them, but will likely not put them in a bag yet because he/she has a method of doing things, and it's not time to put those items in yet.

- When paying for your items, it is rude to just lay your money down somewhere and expect the cashier to just pick it up. I often wait until people _hand me_ thier money/check. On a similar note, it is also rude to throw money at the cashier, as it will likely make them do things that will make you want to complain.

- If you catch a cashier that is running off to get a drink of water/go to the restroom, do not ask ignorant questions like "You thought you were going to get a break, didn't you?" It will again make them do things that will make you want to complain.

- If you have seperate orders, and the cashier's lane does not have a divider (or "bar thing") do not make a gap the size of the Grand Canyon between them. Often, the cashier can tell the difference between what one order is, and what another one is.
On a similar note, if the cashier doesn't have a divider (or "bar thing"), and it's almost your turn to checkout, do not put things on the belt unless you are ready for them to move down the belt. I get so tired of people putting their things on the belt, then acting surprised that it is moving forward even though _they_ aren't done yet.

- If you have clothes that you are buying that you do not want to get dirty, do not insult the cashier's belt by handing the clothes to him/her and saying "I didn't want to put them down here, it looks dirty." Cashiers often have little/no time to clean their belts/registar areas off, so saying something like that will make the want to place it in the dirtiest spot they can find/reach, thusly making you want to find someone to complain to.

- If the register the cashier is at does not sell cigarettes, do not get mad at the cashier for pointing you in the right direction.

- If the cashier's belt is not moving, do not reach over and turn the belt on yourself. The cashier is likely not finished with his/her other customer yet, and you will likley be met with a less than friendly responce.

- Do not tell the cashier that you are paying with creit card or EBT card (unless we have to key in the number on your card). After you swipe your card (and/or put your numbers in), the machine will often tell us what kind of card it is and what button to hit. If you tell us to press the button, it will make us mad and make us take our time hitting said button (which will waste your time).

- If you have a cell phone, either ignore it once you're paying for things, or turn it off before entering the line, as if you are talking on it while trying to do business with a cashier, the reponce you get will be less than positive.

- If you have an item you decide you do not want, do __NOT__ just put it on a shelf somewhere or on the ground!!! Hand it to the casheir, and tell him/her that you are not buying it, instead of leaving it somewhere where someone could trip on it.

These things have happened to me several times, and I am sick of it. If you are on your phone, I will not contiue to check you out unitl you either hang up, or get mad at me and leave the line. As for giving the cashiers things you don't want, that shouldn't even be an issue. Do you leave things laying around at your house when you don't want it anymore?? Then don't leave it laying around in Wal*Mart!!

Keep in mind the cashiers are people too! </ANGST>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:46:16 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »
Yahoo rigged my E-mail!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »
After that huge and terribly "Angst" post, all you can say is "Yahoo rigged my Email?" At least give a longer explanation to follow up...........

Although I don't go to Wal-Mart that often, I do make trips to Target where I witness ignorant people do just the opposite of what you said not to do. In fact, sometimes the cashier and customer get into verbal fights over stupid things like................well, what Toad said. Funny.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
This is why I try hard to avoid Wal*Mart. Most of the time, they either don't have what I'm looking for, or they're not very helpful. (No offense to you, Toad... Cashiers are just fine) Not to mention the customers... One time I spent half an hour in the *EXPRESS LANE* of a Wal*Mart. No exaggeration.

Print