Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711496 times)

« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2006, 08:58:56 PM »
Wal*mart's alright, but I don't have a target close by, so it's all there really is.  The only thing I have against Wal*Mart is they just opened one of the Giganto-Wal*Marts, and I don't see what's so great.  Rather than use the space for more items, they just decide to spread everything out in a stupid way.  I was mostly angry that the electronics section had almost exactly what the smaller one had, just with 6' aisles for walking.  No larger game displays, still little music selection.  That, and the extra peripherals are on the opposite end of the display.  So the Gamecube games are on one side, while the controllers are over by the X-box, on the other end.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #736 on: September 12, 2006, 11:06:54 PM »
Cheatation!

I was just playing Tetris DS one-on-one WiFi.  I got paired with a player rated almost 7800, over 500 higher than my rating.  Of course I lost, but after the game I noticed something strange...all of my opponent's blocks were the same color.  They were all the color of the i piece.  I played him again, and just watched his screen... he got nothing but i pieces!  His preview squares showed a wide range of pieces, but the pieces that actually fell were i pieces, every time!  So now I have ANGST because I want to do that myself but I don't know how!  No, actually I have ANGST because the existence of this apparent cheat/bug invalidates one of my favorite games.

UPDATE: Here is a video showing Tetris DS cheatification in action.  Apparently this can be done using an action replay device.  BOO!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:38:54 AM by Hirocon »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2006, 05:50:47 PM »
- If you catch a cashier that is running off to get a drink of water/go to the restroom, do not ask ignorant questions like "You thought you were going to get a break, didn't you?" It will again make them do things that will make you want to complain.
You've had that happen to you? Boy, some people are jerks.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2006, 06:02:35 PM »
Now my home page was replaced with my Aunt Terri's Homepage. Whats next, oh and my E-mails back now!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »
You've had that happen to you? Boy, some people are jerks.

They're not usually trying to be.. jerky. It's usually just old people that are trying to make conversation, though younger people have done it too, and that's when it's annoying, since they should know that I usually am trying to get a drink of water or need a quick trip to the restroom before I can continue my job, you know?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2006, 07:01:07 PM »
Cheatation!

I was just playing Tetris DS one-on-one WiFi.  I got paired with a player rated almost 7800, over 500 higher than my rating.  Of course I lost, but after the game I noticed something strange...all of my opponent's blocks were the same color.  They were all the color of the i piece.  I played him again, and just watched his screen... he got nothing but i pieces!  His preview squares showed a wide range of pieces, but the pieces that actually fell were i pieces, every time!  So now I have ANGST because I want to do that myself but I don't know how!  No, actually I have ANGST because the existence of this apparent cheat/bug invalidates one of my favorite games.

UPDATE: Here is a video showing Tetris DS cheatification in action.  Apparently this can be done using an action replay device.  BOO!

I think you can report the guy if you remember his user name (He can be kicked off/banned from the server).

Anyway, another fast-food related ANGST!:

My father, brother, and I drove to Burger King earlier tonight. Unfortunately, my brother drove us to the location that is notorious for getting our orders incorrect 90% of the time (this might be due to the fact that English doesn't seem to be the employees' first language there).

My order was a Spicy Tendercrisp, with no lettuce, and no tomato. Simple, right? I think so. Much better than "Plain, just chicken, spicy sauce and the bun". I opted to make mine a meal with a Dr Pepper to drink. From what I recall, the drive-thru screen had my order correct (and my brother's incorrect). When he said that his order was incorrect, the screen changed, this time showing his correct order. Now, somehow, MY order became INCORRECT. How an order can go from correct to incorrect is simply beyond me. My Spicy Tendercrisp with no lettuce or tomato with medium fries and Dr Pepper became a Tendercrisp with no lettuce or tomato with medium fries and Coke.

A normal Tendercrisp has mayo, a condiment I dislike. Unlike GiftedGirl's predicament with pickles, mayonnaise (as well as ketchup and mustard) is quite difficult (and messy) to remove from a sandwich once it is put on.

As I previously implied, the incorrect orders from there have happened quite a bit before (which is another reason why we drive to a different location, with employees who are actually FLUENT in English).

The incorrect order isn't the main reason for the ANGST! (I was content with wiping the mayo off with a napkin and using BBQ sauce), it's the employees who don't seem to want to learn English. I'm sorry, but if you want to live in the U.S., I think it's quite imperative to learn the language the majority of its citizens speak (in this case, English). I don't say official language, as English is only the "De facto" language of the United States.

You move to France, you have to LEARN to speak French.
You move to Brazil, you have to LEARN to speak Portuguese.
You move to the Phillippines, you have to LEARN to speak Filipino or Tagalog.
You move to the United States, you HAVE TO LEARN to speak English. Otherwise people will yell at you for getting their order at Burger King/McDonald's/Wendy's/wherever wrong.

It's supposed to be quite simple to learn a language when you're in a country that speaks it for a long period of time. You pick up colloquialisms, slang, abbreviations, etc., stuff you don't usually learn when taking classes. How these people who have worked at these places for long periods of time and STILL don't know English is quite surprising to me.

(I tried to make this rant as unoffensive/un-racist as possible.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:24:50 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
I think you can report the guy if you remember his user name (He can be kicked off/banned from the server).)

Not really.  There could be fifty people out there with the same user name, and anyone can change their user name in under a minute.  Even if I could identify the actual DS and cartridge, I don't  think there is banning functionality built into the game.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2006, 11:15:56 PM »
$250
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #743 on: September 14, 2006, 12:35:42 AM »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #744 on: September 14, 2006, 10:54:18 AM »
So, how 'bout those Sixth Amendment rights? I heard those were holding up in court a lot bette rthan our First Amendment rights in recent decisions. A-yep.

I mean, I could print the Bill of Rights on a roll of toilet paper and pretend I'm a member of the U.S. government every time I use the bathroom!
~I.S.~

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #745 on: September 14, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »
the price includes one wireless Wii Remote controller, one Nunchuk™ controller and the groundbreaking collection of five different Wii Sports games on one disc.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #746 on: September 14, 2006, 06:28:10 PM »
My best friend deserted me.

« Reply #747 on: September 14, 2006, 06:41:26 PM »
What happened? It's kinda hard to feel sorry for you if that's all you say.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #748 on: September 14, 2006, 06:56:41 PM »
Well I called him saying that we have to do another episode of our imaginary series Dragon Slayer GX and he complained that his favorite show Ed,Edd,'n' Eddy was on. And I called him back and he said "Don't call back and I don't know how to use a VCR". 

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #749 on: September 14, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »
What the heck did he mean when he mentioned the VCR?

Print