Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711684 times)

« Reply #825 on: September 30, 2006, 09:21:13 AM »
Stand up and point the kid out to the entire class, humiliate him in front of everybody.  Believe me, it works.....  As for my friend, I think I'm going to ignore him for a long time until he gets the idea that he needs to shape up.  It isn't the fact of the girl anymore, I could care less about that, it's a whole bunch of things mixed together, lets just say he's a jerk, but he deserves to be called something a lot stronger than that to represent the way he has been acting lately.  But unfortunatly, I can't say it in this forum.
I only watch [adult swim]

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #826 on: September 30, 2006, 09:49:04 AM »
Ok, so I'm currently making a reasonable amount of money playing poker over the internet right now.

Yesterday someone in Congress managed to pass a bill that highly limits the transactions people can make on internet gaming sites. This essentially means that all the "bad" players who usually buy into the games with a credit card can't play anymore, and the standard of ability online with get to the point where it's no longer profitable to play online. This obviously angers me, but the worst part isn't the bill itself, it is how it was actually passed.

Senator Bill Frist didn't convince the Senate that online gaming was a societal evil. Oh no. He managed to instead get this bill attached as a rider to a bill on port security that

a) had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with internet gambling
b) was almost certainly getting passed regardless of what was attached to it.

So, way to go, Senator Frist. Way to get your hypocritical beliefs passed with the most underhanded of methods. Way to go, U.S. Goverment, for being so incredibly inefficient and outright BAD and allowing your officials to pass these things in manners like this. And way to go, populace, for electing officials who take pride in limiting your freedoms by any means necessary.

God bless America.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #827 on: September 30, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »
Yep, I'm glad he's retiring. It's tough here in Tennessee right now. Two men (Bob Corker- Republican and Harold Ford Jr.- Democrat), as well as various groups backing their respective parties, are flooding TV with ads to try to get one of them into Bill Frist's seat. The ads have gotten rather annoying.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #828 on: September 30, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »
Stand up and point the kid out to the entire class, humiliate him in front of everybody.  Believe me, it works.....  As for my friend, I think I'm going to ignore him for a long time until he gets the idea that he needs to shape up.  It isn't the fact of the girl anymore, I could care less about that, it's a whole bunch of things mixed together, lets just say he's a jerk, but he deserves to be called something a lot stronger than that to represent the way he has been acting lately.  But unfortunatly, I can't say it in this forum.

Thanks for the advice.
I can relate to your situation though, it's happened a number of times to me, and my cousin's the one that I'm supposed to be jealous of for dating a girl that likes me. I don't care, but somehow, I can't help but have ANGST over it anyway. Why are you angry at your friend? Is he acting show offy about having a girlfriend that justs wants to make you jealous? Or are you angry because he's dating her?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #829 on: September 30, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
I have been robbed of $305 of my own electronics.

I came home on Friday to the house looking messier than usual. My Bible lay on the floor opened, and a pack of Spearmint Dentyne was on the floor, too. Things got extra weird when I saw the spinning holder part of my guitar stand just there on the floor. Well, I go upstairs and notice the closet door open. Not unusual; my dad always has it ajar. However, I enter my room. My Gamecube was missing. I am freaked out. My Wavebird and uselss Animal Crossing membeory card are there, along with all of my games, but the Gamecube, my memory card, my adapter to the Wavebird controller, and my two controllers are missing. I call my dad and ask him where my Gamecube is. He says he doesn't know. I tell him it's gone. Silence.

We start talking about what happened, as we now know that we were robbed. He tells me to go downstairs, as we're trying to figure out how they got in. The front door was locked. The back door was unlocked and ajar. I go back upstairs, and I discover my mp3 player and my noise-cancelling headphones missing. I also see the other part of guitar stand in the middle of the room, probably intended to be used as a weapon. Apparently, the teens were only looking for pleasing stuff (luckily, they miussed my DS on the floor). They looked everywhere (our rooms, cabinets, my CD case [no CD's stolen; guess they're the people who hate rock and love pop/ rap], under my dad's bed [they knocked down his clock-radio and unplugged his phone], in our DVD cabinet, and in our incencse bottle, leaving the top on the floor). I am now officially ticked off.

I knew Gamecubes are worth close to dirt now ($20 non-in-store credit, $25 in-store credit), and I didn't mind about the gum (must have teenager,s my dad says at this point, because 10-11 packs of Dentyne Spearmint gum are missing, while my dad's credit cards are still there). But, that particular mp3 player cost me $66 on eBay (Sandisk Sansa m240 series 1 GB mp3 player), and the noise-cancelling headphones (Philips Foldable noise-cancelling headphones) cost me $26. That stuff at Best Buy costs the same for the mp3 player, but $54 more for the headphones. At this point, I'm ready to track them down and beat the crap out of them, asking them why.

So, in conclusion, the teenagers (one caucasian, one Mexican) stole $305 (according to their price at stores) of my electronics between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. How do I know this? One of our friendly neighbors saw them trying to jump their fence with the backpack jutting with wires and electronics, too big to zip up. He took the backpack after they dropped it and, believeing the criminals' lies, gave it back. Once I heard this, I was happy that we have a description of the burglars and that we know they probably go to a local Catholic school (the Catholic school/s had the day off), but stunned that our neighbor had my stuff in there hand but gave it back to the burglars. Currently, we cannot tell the local detectives the new info., as they're off on the weekends. I originally couldn't wait for the weekend. Now I can't wait until Monday. Please pray for me and the local police as they try to give these people what they deserve: justice. Thanks again if you read.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #830 on: September 30, 2006, 03:07:49 PM »
The police take weekends off in your town?  When I was robbed a policeman came to take a report on the weekend.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #831 on: September 30, 2006, 03:14:08 PM »
Currently, we cannot tell the local detectives the new info., as they're off on the weekends.

The police are always on the job. I said the detectives, who are different.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #832 on: September 30, 2006, 03:30:13 PM »
I don't think I can even begin to imagine how much that must suck.  Well, I am going to ignore my friend and stuff because this whole thing has been a wake-up call to me.  I just notice the way he treats me, it isn't really the way I treat him, I treat him better than that.  He doesn't really treat me the way a friend is supposed to treat another friend.  For example, if I start talking about something that interest's me but does not interest him, he would say "Dude that's gay." or other things along that line.  Whereas I would get into a whole conversation with him about something that interests him, but not me....  I know it may sound like He's my friend but I'm not his friend, but we have been friends since 1st grade, we were inseperable.  Another example is, in the begining of september, he joined a band with a kid that I really hate (and I can almost say that he is begining to act like this kid).  And now they're making money off gigs and stuff, and all the other rock'n'roll glamour.  It isn't the fact that he is in it with the kid I don't like, but in the summer, I saved up a whole bunch of money that I made working.  And with this money, I bought a bass so that I could practice, and he and I can jam, and eventually by december, start a band.  I saved up all my fricken money and now he and I can't be in a band together, because the other kid whom which I have always hated doesn't want him to.  

This isn't even half of the story, on my birthday, he wanted to come to my house, but he could only come to my house if he went to dinner with us at my favorite resteraunt.  He had to because otherwise it would be too hard for my parents to pick him up, which we had to do.  But the kid whom which I hate wanted him to go to practice with the band.  And my friend didn't want to make him mad (he told me this).  And my Dad who was frusterated with what was going on, proposed the question to me, WHY WASN'T MY FRIEND CONCERNED ABOUT MAKING ME MAD? Why was my friend afraid of making someone mad that was just a hang around buddy, but not afraid of making his best friend mad?  This question chews me and chews me, I cannot figure out if he actually considers me his friend anymore.  I have a lot of friends in school, I'm cool with a bunch of people, but as for having any sort of friendly relationship outside of school besides with my best friend, no, I don't go to anyones house, or meet anyone anywhere, but my best friend.  And the other friend I do have, and did go to his house, is still my friend, but I can't go to his house because his mom hates me.  It seems to me that I need to get some new friends.  If I still can.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #833 on: September 30, 2006, 03:56:10 PM »
You just solved your problem in those last two sentences.

« Reply #834 on: September 30, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »
So they ripped off your house, eh? That sucks. Well, at lease they didn't take your gamecube. But the entire thing still sucks. That would put me in the mind to hurt someone.

EDIT:

I meant DS.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 01:42:42 AM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #835 on: September 30, 2006, 06:00:07 PM »
Um, from re-reading the first paragraph, I think I can say they DID take his Gamecube. :P

Back where I used to live, when I was about 4 or 5, I cannot remember, we were a victim of a robbery. We were coming back from somewhere, I think a McDonald's. We opened the door, and the door that took you from the porch to the living room had one of its glasses broken. My mother went upstairs to her room to find some of her jewelry stolen. I believe that was pretty much all that was stolen, I don't remember being too bummed about it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 06:08:12 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #836 on: September 30, 2006, 06:20:24 PM »
I could give you a really good example of what it's like if I could show you the comments he makes on myspace.  But I don't think my myspace is fit enough for this chatroom, unless I got special permission.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #837 on: September 30, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »
Dang, I no longer have a thread in the top 10.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #838 on: September 30, 2006, 09:08:50 PM »
Funny how you're posting in the one that kicked it off the list...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #839 on: September 30, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
Either way, you shouldn't care.

Print