Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711645 times)

« Reply #1065 on: November 25, 2006, 11:08:17 AM »
Posts that contain "OOOH I'M SO LONELY I WANT SOMEONE" make me have ANGST!.

I've got two things to say to people who constantly say this (and actually, this goes in general, not just people at the FF, but people in my non-internet life (wow I have one? lol) who come up to me and moan about how they lost their boyfriend or their girlfriend).

1. The people who have told me this are usually around the ages of 12-17. YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF YOU TO FIND A SIGNIFICANT OTHER. Don't think that THIS is the most important time in your life to find love. Think about other things, your education, hobbies, employment if you are employed. The people who tell you "oh where's your bf/gf, don't you have one? you're a loser" are terribly, HORRIBLY WRONG.
2. If you've never had one before and complain about not having one, GO OUT AND SEARCH FOR ONE! It's definitely not easy for anyone to find a significant other, why should YOU be so special? Do you just expect one to fall out of the sky and into your arms? It doesn't work that way. Be real.

It used to amuse me when people always said "oh man I need a boyfriend/girlfriend and my whole life has been wasted, high school's almost over", because A) their life is definitely nowhere near over (unless they're the suicidal type), B) they're complaining about something that is most likely only going to be TEMPORARY at this point in time. NOW, it just really annoys me that the apparent age for needing to have a boyfriend or girlfriend has lowered down into the tween ages (yes, I know this was sort of commonplace even in medieval times, shut up).

So, either stop complaining, or find one. (Or another one after emotional wounds have sort of healed.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1066 on: November 25, 2006, 03:24:45 PM »
Wow, I got my wish! I've been accepted to compete in the National Sumo Wrestling Federation! (just kidding, I just felt like saying that.)

To those who want to have a girlfriend:

Just a fair warning; when you do get a girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever, there will be no time for Mario, fun, or anything else. Almost all of your free time will be spent towards making them happy. I'm just speaking from experience, it 'aint that fun.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1067 on: November 25, 2006, 06:42:21 PM »
*Calls girlfriend* I'M DONE WITH YOU!! *faint sobs can be heard* Wew, that was a close one.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1068 on: November 25, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »
Wow. Vid read my mind. 0_o

« Reply #1069 on: November 25, 2006, 07:10:43 PM »
And subsequently repeated your thoughts and took credit for it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1070 on: November 25, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »
Just a fair warning; when you do get a girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever, there will be no time for Mario, fun, or anything else. Almost all of your free time will be spent towards making them happy. I'm just speaking from experience, it 'aint that fun.
That doesn't have to be true at all. In fact, that is to say, on the contrary, you could find a girl/boyfriend who enjoys video games as much as you do. And if you're going to have a partner that eats all your time, FORGET THAT, man. I'm sure they'd hate it just as much if you ate all of theirs. I sit at a table with three other girls in biology, and they talk about boyfriends and stuff a lot, they once said "Man, boys are stupid." I cough, and they say "Oh, only if they're bad. As in, they take your friends away from you all the time, and stuff like that." I say, "I'd hate it just as much if I were in that position, so I wouldn't do something like that if I had a girlfriend." They say, "Okay, then. That's good." If love were as horrible as you have just said it was, the world is a pretty awful place. I mean, I don't have a girlfriend yet, just a date to Winter Formal that I have hopes for... But I think I know what I'm talking about.
And Vid's right. You have all the time in the world to find a significant other. Whining about it now won't make one come knock on your door. Though I suppose that's what I made this topic for...

And, as far as my own ANGST goes, I STILL DON'T HAVE A WII. How long is it going to take for that order to come in??
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1071 on: November 25, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »
Where the heck is PaperLuigi from? That isn't true at all. If you have someone like that hanging on you like a leech, that person isn't for you.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1072 on: November 25, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »
Just play a bunch of WoW. They'll eventually leave. :D  ;_;

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1073 on: November 25, 2006, 11:12:57 PM »
Wait, that's both good and bad? Or is WoW good and the leaving bad? I'm confused.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1074 on: November 25, 2006, 11:14:47 PM »
Putting on a happy face for PaperLuigi and then crying on the inside.

« Reply #1075 on: November 25, 2006, 11:19:19 PM »

I can speak from experience and say that that's not true at all. My fiancee and I play as many games now as we did before we were dating. Now, some of your time may be taken up with things like trying to keep him/her happy, but if you are trying too hard, they won't know the true you, and nobody wants to be something they're not, especially if it's got to do with love.

Anyway, I have ANGST because I haven't seen my fiancee all day.. but I'm about to go home to her, so my ANGST is only for a little while. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1076 on: November 26, 2006, 12:24:25 AM »
Ohhhh, why didn't you say that earlier?

« Reply #1077 on: November 26, 2006, 12:47:48 AM »
Where the heck is PaperLuigi from?

Out of nowhere, mabey at your house. XD

Whoa, looks like the world I live in is totally different from the outside. Most people I'm friends with only talk about their girlfriends, so mabey I'm out of sight, mind and place. I had a friend how didn't call his g/f for 3 days. 3 DAYS, and was dumped.

(Buwahaha. I was only kidding! All of you will have girlfriends and never see Mario again!)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1078 on: November 26, 2006, 10:42:47 AM »
I can't live like this anymore! *stabs self*

« Reply #1079 on: November 26, 2006, 01:29:25 PM »
I know how it is, it just feels as if I have this vast emptiness inside me, like I'm only half a person.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print