Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711445 times)

« Reply #1365 on: January 26, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »
I wanted that Apple red one! So cute!

I can't eat anything because if I do, I throw it up. I'M LIVING OFF OF FLUIDS! And I'm hungry, for God's sake! Maybe I'll chance it. I threw up my lunch yesterday.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1366 on: January 26, 2007, 04:38:48 PM »
You'll starve eventually!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1367 on: January 26, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »
My sickness is gone! I can eat again!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1368 on: January 28, 2007, 04:08:44 PM »
My mom has issues. Just this morning she was shouting at my brother and threatening to ground him for a month just because he can't type that fast. And my mom thinks that computers are the cause of all natural disasters, wars, and thinks that people should not use them. She also thinks that if I end up in standard classes (as opposed to advanced classes), my life is finished, and I'll end up working at some crappy job like McDonald's for the rest of my life.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #1369 on: January 28, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »
My mom was like that at one point. I think that it might just be a phase and she'll get over it.

« Reply #1370 on: January 29, 2007, 03:32:02 AM »
One word: menopause.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1371 on: January 29, 2007, 03:51:57 PM »
XD

AAGH. I am sick for the THIRD time in the past three weeks. First it was the flu (the worst), then a rather average cold. Lastly, I was just recovering yesterday from the cold when I was hit worse. Now I have a much worse cold, which is really annoying. Oh well, maybe I won't have to go to school tomorrow (if I have a fever).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1372 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
I tripped today and got really nasty scrapes, one on my left knee and one on my right hand. They're both super-awful and I fear for infection, especially for my hand, but with my jacket (with what's called handcuffs, they cover most of the hands with a hole for the thumbs) and a load of antibacterial stuff, I should be all right... but there are never Band-Aids in this house so I have to make my own out of toilet paper and electrical tape.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1373 on: January 31, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
I've got a new accessory. I call it the "corrective glove," but I can't remember what it was actually called... Yes, it's what people with carpal tunnel might wear.

I've been experiencing a lot of tendinitis-esque pain lately in my right hand, so it can't be WarioWare. I actually think it was all the drafting I did over the weekend, using and twisting that ruler around a ton.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1374 on: January 31, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »
Today my English teacher went on again for a large majority of the class time to talk about how there's war and everything's bad and how dare we enjoy television because it doesn't teach us anything and we should read instead and how he worries about everything and his opinions-his opinions-his opinions.  It makes me feel bad.  I mean, the reason I'm there is to learn English, and instead he tells us a lot of negative things about the world.  Either that, or he tells us his own personal stories that don't relate to the topic at hand, whether the topic be about English or about the off-topic topic he already started.  What really bugged me today was I started making a point about how reading is like Raisin Bran and TV is like Apple Jacks, but he ust talked over me and went on for a while.  Why is he allowed to go on about his own problems while we can't say anything about ourselves?  If he really wanted to help the world, he could just better prepare us for college by teaching us what he's supposed to be teaching, and then we could go out and try to do something ourselves, instead of telling us about his own opinions and ideals all period long.  It makes me want to go to the bathroom but actually sneak to the other English class at that period, so I can learn what I'm supposed to.  There's nothing wrong with my teacher having opinions or problems, but it doesn't help us understand Paradise Lost or anything.

By the way, TV is like Apple Jacks because there's nothing really promising about it(it doesn't taste like apple) and it isn't really healthy in any way.  Meanwhile, reading is like Raisin Bran in that it's healthier or more beneficial in some way, and while it's not as sweet, it still has a pleasant taste.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1375 on: January 31, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
Your teacher seems very opinionated. But like you said, with his discussing this, you won't learn what you're supposed to.

I am angry because can't find the cord to my digital camera and my printer doesn't support memory sticks.

« Reply #1376 on: January 31, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »
Today my English teacher went on again for a large majority of the class time to talk about how there's war and everything's bad and how dare we enjoy television because it doesn't teach us anything and we should read instead and how he worries about everything and his opinions-his opinions-his opinions.  It makes me feel bad.  I mean, the reason I'm there is to learn English, and instead he tells us a lot of negative things about the world.  Either that, or he tells us his own personal stories that don't relate to the topic at hand, whether the topic be about English or about the off-topic topic he already started.  What really bugged me today was I started making a point about how reading is like Raisin Bran and TV is like Apple Jacks, but he ust talked over me and went on for a while.  Why is he allowed to go on about his own problems while we can't say anything about ourselves?  If he really wanted to help the world, he could just better prepare us for college by teaching us what he's supposed to be teaching, and then we could go out and try to do something ourselves, instead of telling us about his own opinions and ideals all period long.  It makes me want to go to the bathroom but actually sneak to the other English class at that period, so I can learn what I'm supposed to.  There's nothing wrong with my teacher having opinions or problems, but it doesn't help us understand Paradise Lost or anything.

By the way, TV is like Apple Jacks because there's nothing really promising about it(it doesn't taste like apple) and it isn't really healthy in any way.  Meanwhile, reading is like Raisin Bran in that it's healthier or more beneficial in some way, and while it's not as sweet, it still has a pleasant taste.

I wish I had your teacher. English is my worst class.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #1377 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:04 AM »
Markio, my math teacher was kinda like that.  In the middle of the class, he would rant on about how this entire generation is a bunch of lazy people who want everything to be easy.  This would all come up because someone couldn't get an answer on the calculator, or said that there is an easier way to do something.  One comment on how something could be easier would be all it took.  He also had the habit of lecturing us on how people say things like "When are we ever going to use this?" even when nobody said that.  And not just complain, but nearly yell at the class how we need to learn it anyway.  And we all knew that already, either from previous knowledge or a prior experience of him flying off the handle.

Other school angst, my school is going to sink to the point where no one will know what is going on, and the teachers are all going to quit because of the principal.  A few examples.  Well, one that actually involves me is, I am class treasurer.  I get the feeling that no one (in the offices, at least) knows that.  We're having a semi-formal dance on Friday, and the class officers (President, Vice, Secretary, and Treasurer) are selling the tickets.  Or at least thats what I heard for the first time today.  So I ask the guidance office, and she says she thought the dance was cancelled.  I go to ask the principal, but she's not there.  Just a whole lot of confusion.

Also, she's cutting back the spending for all the teachers' classes.  I don't know about any other departments, but the science teachers got shafted out of some cheap, moderately important items.  Nothing that costs a bundle, just lab folders, things you don't expect the student to get.  Actually, one teacher was told she couldn't order pencils.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1378 on: February 01, 2007, 07:45:49 PM »
My horn, a silver horn, is currently unusable, as valve 3 is frozen (It will not move if one were to try and push it down). I've been using another horn for awhile, until today, when the band teacher gave me another horn, one I actually dislike.

Valve 1 on this horn will go down, but it goes back up pretty slowly, almost too slow to use in fast pieces (and I must play quite a few of them where fancy finger work is involved). No one believes you when you say "It's not that I used the wrong fingering, it's that this horn's first valve is terrible at returning to its original position", and just assume you yourself are bad at the instrument.

Though I might've found a possible cause. The string for the first valve is damaged. Maybe if restrung with new string, it might be a little better.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1379 on: February 02, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »
The other day, I attempted to learn to play guitar, but one of the strings broke off. I'll just have to stick to air guitar, I guess.

By the way, this is kinda old, but CTOAN's mom sounds like Mel Gibson, but with computers.
every

Print