Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711623 times)

« Reply #1395 on: February 03, 2007, 08:10:51 AM »
Raisin Bran is better than cheerios. They make the cereal, basically!I LOVE raisins in oatmeal. I can't eat plain oatmeal without them. But then again, this isn't the raisin topic.

I have angst because it is so cold in my room because my niece opened a window at 11:00 last night and didn't close. So I wake up at 6:00 cold.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1396 on: February 03, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
Raisins in meatballs are no good.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1397 on: February 03, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »
Tomatoes are nightshades.  So they're bad for some reason...

And I miss the old Dexter's Laboratory.  Like old old.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1398 on: February 03, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »
As in, yellow logo old? Yeah, those were great. I get to watch them sometimes on Boomerang. But they don't show hardly anything else good on there. I mean, sometimes I'll be lucky and they'll be showing the Green Lantern episode of Duck Dodgers, but usually there's nothing good on.

« Reply #1399 on: February 03, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »
Well, my dream has just been crushed for all eternity.

My parents were thinking about vacation destinations and I suggested a trip down Route 66. Then they say the unthinkable...

"WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME."

What do they mean, we don't have the time? I says "We'll never have the time if we don't make the time. Besides, it'd be worth it." I make my innocent little girl face, since that usually helps push my opinions' strength. They just ignore it. Apparently, they don't care that they've just crushed one of my dreams. They tell me ever so kindly that I can go when I'm older and have my own life to do with what I want. I tell them...

"I don't wanna wait until then, because then I'll hafta do it by myself. A trip down Route 66 isn't fun solo."

"You'll have a husband by then, you can take him."

That makes me laugh. Do they honestly think I'm gonna get married? They're just too concerned about what they want rather than my dreams. That's gonna stay with me till my dying day...

Thanx a lot, Mom and Dad... *dies*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1400 on: February 03, 2007, 10:11:18 PM »
If you hadn't seen Cars, you'd never want to go down Route 66 anyway...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1401 on: February 04, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »
I drive down Route 66 every day.
Literally.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1402 on: February 04, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
Now I keep imagining Chupperson with a rubber mallet, hitting the rocks that make up the road in an effort to "drive down" the road.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1403 on: February 04, 2007, 05:16:05 PM »
I have ANGST against people that get easily confused whenever somebody is talking about Toad (the important character) and Toads (the species). It comes up a lot in debates (at GameFAQs, since that is the only other forum that I visit) that Toad either isn't..

A) important enough to be a character, even though he's been around since the beginning.
B) Not unique enough, even though they decide to put a Yoshi, a Pikachu, a Jigglypuff, a Pichu, a Mewtwo..
C) He's never fought before in any game (which makes a ton of sense, since before the SSB series, most of these characters hadn't fought either *Captain Falcon*)
D) Is Peach's Shield! (quiet possibly the dumbest arguement, as they could easily replace the Retainer in question with another one, Perry, or just change the move all together, thus making Toad a candidate for playable character.

There are other reasons, but those 4 are the most numerous at GameFAQs. It just makes me want to tell these young kids that the SSB series is about classic characters battling it out. Classic characters. Most of us really don't want to see which form of Link from Majora's Mask could take on which latest Pokemon. We want to see which older characters (like Pit) could take on other older characters (like Toad).

Anyway, I do remember that Sakurai (sp?) had a list up some time ago (on his Japanese website), and that people who translated the page said that Toad was the 3rd character on the list, and Sakurai (sp?) found Toad's suggestion to be "interesting" (Not sure whether that meant he liked the suggestion, or was just tossing it aside..) [/ANGST]
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1404 on: February 04, 2007, 05:25:26 PM »
Mabye Peach's moveset will be changed a bit, to fit with the moods from SPP.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1405 on: February 05, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
I have ANGST because there was no school today.  Normally, if there was a day off, I would like it.  Today though, I had something to do after school.  I do this Jeopardy-like competition between schools, and it only happens once each month.  I imagine that they'll reschedule, but still, I was looking forward to it.  That, and I didn't realize the school was closed until I got to the school doors.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1406 on: February 05, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »
I do that too--- but here, it's called "Knowledge Bowl."

« Reply #1407 on: February 05, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »
Hey! Same here! My school is currently in first place in the standings.

« Reply #1408 on: February 05, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »
We call it Masterminds, and there are only 7 teams in our league.  We don't have a great win record, 2-4, but so far, out of the 4 teams we've faced, 2 have had people who got perfect SAT scores, so it's not all that bad to lose.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1409 on: February 05, 2007, 09:48:50 PM »
Whew, and I thought the ANGST thread had gone to whole grain!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print