Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711732 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1455 on: February 12, 2007, 06:20:10 AM »
I am about to go into severe ANGST mode. You've been warned.

After struggling to keep ahead for about two months, LD finally passed me in post count, usurping my long-held position of having the second highest number of posts. I managed to meet my first goal--making it through the year 2006 before he passed me--but I failed my second goal, reaching 5000 posts before he passed me. I was doing really well, too! I'd finally gotten to a point where I felt relatively safely ahead of him so that I didn't have to worry. But nooooooooooooo, he had to swoop in and post 11 times in a row yesterday night, and yet another blow of 10 posts tonight. Who does that? That's insane! No one needs to post that much that quickly.  Thanks a lot, LD, you've made me lose all hope.

If that weren't enough, I know this is horrible and I feel bad for feeling this way, but I feel somewhat insulted that I didn't win ANY ADVANCED awards this year, considering I won several last year. I don't care about the amount, but at least one would've been nice.

I also have ANGST because my mom somehow managed to mess up my MP3 player, and I have absolutely no idea how she could've done that, even just by fiddling with random buttons. It's not like it's that hard to figure out how to use in the first place.

More ANGST because I want to transfer to a specific college for next spring, doing one more semester at my current school, but apparently it's Fall or nothing. (Pun unintended.) So I need to figure out what I'm going to do ASAP and I don't feel like dealing with it.

Continue the ANGST because of the annoying overly-commercialized incredibly sappy holiday coming up that makes people all obsessive and whiny. Haha, my whining about others' whining is so hypocritical. Anyway, the whole thing just gives a depressing vibe, and I don't want to be sucked into it.

I also have a paper due Tues, but eh. I'm exhausted and I'm rambling and more than anything I feel like I keep getting blows to my head...or ego, or something. I've thought about it for several months now, but don't be surprised if I severely cut back on my involvement here. Keeping my post count ahead and completing the awards stuff has really been my only motivation for being active here. Other than duty, I guess. I'm not making any promises, though, either way.

I'm such a selfish person, it's terrible. :(
I'm going to go now and sit in my corner and cry.
</emo></rant>
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:21:58 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1456 on: February 12, 2007, 06:47:37 AM »

There is some sort of Mario music that would be fitting with this picture, but I can't presently remember it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1457 on: February 12, 2007, 09:24:20 AM »
Arrgh.  I keep getting an error when trying to connect to the Wii shop.  I want to download Gunstar Heros and Kirby's Adventure!

If I ever complain about someone having a higher post count than me, please kill me.  Because, you know, if Bird Person had more posts than me it would make me "lose all hope".
* Luigison goes to make 500+ posts just to make Sapphira mad. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1458 on: February 12, 2007, 10:41:34 AM »
I just got my scores from the WYSE competition. I suck at math, apparently.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1459 on: February 12, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »

There is some sort of Mario music that would be fitting with this picture, but I can't presently remember it.

The songs on the results screens from any Mario Kart?

PS: I'm on the top 10! :D

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1460 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
If I ever complain about someone having a higher post count than me, please kill me.
Why do you think I feel so horrible about my attitude and actions regarding it? It's immature, competitive, and waste of my time. I guess now that I've finally been "defeated" I can stop, which is actually a good thing.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1461 on: February 12, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
The songs on the results screens from any Mario Kart?

PS: I'm on the top 10! :D

That's great!  I was just playing the original Super Mario Kart yesterday. That would go great with this.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1462 on: February 12, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »
I remember when TC had about 21 posts per day on his profile!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1463 on: February 12, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »
I'm angsty because every time I see "TC", I forget it's referring to The Chef. Curse you, GameFAQs boards, and your use of TC as topic creator too!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1464 on: February 12, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »
Too bad The Chef didn't create this topic.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1465 on: February 12, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
...I really need to get a girlfriend by the end of next year. That'll probably never happen, seeing as I'm about... 9 inches below average height.
Thanks, mom and dad.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1466 on: February 12, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
I have ANGST whenever someone says they "need to get a girlfriend/boyfriend." No you don't. It's one thing to think it'd be nice, or wanting to find a deep connection with a person (be it romantic or not), or wanting to have someone to love (you don't need a romantic relationship for that, either). But saying you need one? That's so desperate. And shallow. Do you really think having one will magically fulfill all your desires, make you feel better about yourself? That's probably the most common expectation people have--and the biggest (and most selfish) mistake, as well.

Until one learns to be content single, comfortable and happy with oneself, he or she will never be content in a relationship, at least not for very long.

On another note, if someone doesn't want to be with you because of what you look like, they're shallow and not worth your time. If they don't want to be with you for some other reason, I suggest introspecting and seeing if there's something unattractive about your character, and if there is, work on that. Don't loathe yourself, especially for genetics. Character is infinitely more important than looks.

CTOAN, you're only 13. You shouldn't even be WORRYING about relationships at this point in your life.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:35:07 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2007, 09:33:50 PM »
At this point, almost 80% of the 7th grade boys has a girlfriend. And by 8th grade, the boys that don't have a girlfriend are either considered an introvert who deserves no friends or are just gay.
Also, from my observations, most of the girls on the West Campus (my campus) care only about looks.
I'm not trying to start a flame war, or anything related. I'm just posting the facts that I've noted.

EDIT: Wait, maybe I do have a chance of getting a girlfriend by the end of 8th grade...
...if that WWI movie wants to cooperate with me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:36:16 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1468 on: February 12, 2007, 09:39:01 PM »
I'd say your observations concerning the 8th grade are partially true, but I'm quite certain that 80% is too high to be true.

EDIT: And stop using one point font. It's too much of a pain to read it.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1469 on: February 12, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
In physics today, I was penalized 2 points for employing the use of the distributive property of equality.

The Problem involved momentum. As I added the initial momentums together, I realized that subtracting a negative would be more worn on the calculator, therefore I took out the negative one and put it in the from of the problem.

(Mi)(Vi)+(Mi)(-Vi) = (Mi)(Vi)-(Mi)(Vi)

I am pretty sure that is correct...

I got the correct answer to the problem. My teacher apparently didn't like me doing the problem like that. I find that hard to believe, especially because we learn math for a reason. I really hate it when people pretend that they know stuff, but they really know nothing about it. I should not be penalized, especially for getting the correct answer and doing everything according to the laws of mathematics. 
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print