Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711526 times)

« Reply #1545 on: February 23, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »
Probably due to that 6 or 7 strip Randumb Garfield generator he made.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1546 on: February 23, 2007, 06:04:43 PM »
You can usually get to your router from http://192.168.1.1/ and your problem is probably firewall related because I'm pretty sure the USB connector is supposed to support Wii.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1547 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »
The firewall idea would make more sense if I couldn't get the DS to work.  But after successfully playing online with the DS, I tried with the Wii, and no such luck.  Is the Wii more of a stickler about security?  Also, 192.168.1.1 gets me Test Page for Apache Installation when I try.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1548 on: February 23, 2007, 10:20:36 PM »
No, it makes plenty of sense even if you can get your DS to work. They don't use all the same protocols.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1549 on: February 23, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »
Today, some psychotard decided to attack me for no reason. I made one comment today during P.E. This guy, who's friends with that psychotard, is TERRIBLE at all sports (except line dancing). So, he scores on our own team - twice, and when he gets a chance to score against the other team, he decides to pick up the ball (we were playing soccer), which would be a penalty for us. So I said to one of my friends, "[guy's name] is going to lose the game for us... yay." And then that psychotard overhears and he's like "DON'T INSULT HIM!!!!!!11111one" and he puts me in a headlock and (attempts) to punch me in the face, but misses. So then some of my friends come over to try to get that psychotard off of me, and while he's partially seperated, he attempts to kick me in a certain area. At this point, I'm punching him in the stomach. My friends try to seperate us again, but that psychotard escapes and goes after my eyes (trying to blind me, I assume). I was lucky. He misses my eye BY LESS THEN A CENTIMETER. Had one of my friends not grabbed him at the right moment, I would've been blind in my right eye. Finally, the teacher comes to break it up, and he sends us all (me, 3 friends, a wittness, [guy's name], and psychotard) to peer mediation. And now I have this huge scar that goes along the right side of my face.

That guy has anger issues.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #1550 on: February 23, 2007, 10:44:40 PM »
Sounds like you have some own issues to work out.  ;D
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1551 on: February 23, 2007, 11:03:14 PM »
I second PaperLuigi. I don't care if this "psychotard" started going at you with his feet. You either:

1. Not fight back, and wait for your friends and teacher to get him away, taking any damage he DOES give out. Take it like a man or a baby, either way shows you're the better person.
- OR, a very wise alternative, one I would've chosen myself -
2. Keep your mouth shut to avoid confrontations like this in the first place.

Besides, it's phys. ed. It's JUST A GAME, supposed to be all in good fun. If you lose, no big deal. Making comments like that will, as you just experienced, obviously end up badly.

But you've grown and learned from this, eh?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1552 on: February 24, 2007, 04:13:58 AM »
I don't think the comment was bad at all. If some guy's losing the game for you, it's fine to say, "That guy's going to lose the game for us." And after avoiding a punch to the face and a kick to the bedoinkers, it is reasonable to fight back. I personally would not fight back in a schoolyard situation, but it is not inconceivable to think of a human doing so.

« Reply #1553 on: February 24, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »
I was in the middle of a match of MPH, and the L trigger on my DS decides to not work.  So now I am completely unable to fight back, and I'm just dodging attacks.  I think the guy realized either I had given up, or something was wrong, because he didn't seem to try any more.  Figures, I start playing Metroid again, and now the most important button is busted.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1554 on: February 24, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »
That happens sometimes with my old DS. It's one of the reasons I got a DS Lite.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1555 on: February 24, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »
Do you ever have one of those days, where you click on a random personailty disorder on the list you were looking at, and it matches you perfectly?  Well, I just did.  I know, it's probably all in my head and this probably annoys you that you have to read this, but it's the ANGST thread, so there.  I think I have Histrionic Personality Disorder.  Just look at these symptoms:

-uncomfortable unless the center of attention
-dresses provocatively and/or exhibits inappropiately seductive or flirtatious behavior
-shifts emotions rapidly
-acts very dramatically--as though performing before and audience--with exaggerated emotions and expressions, yet appears to lack sincerity
-overly concerned with physical appearance
-constantly seeks reassurance or approval
-gullible and easily influenced by others
-excessively sensitive to criticism or disapproval
-low tolerance for frustration, easily bored by routine, often begins projects without finishing them or skipping from one event to another
-doesn't think before acting
-makes rash decisions
-self-centered, rarely shows concern for others
-has difficulty maintaining relationships, often seems fake or shallow in dealings with others
-threatens or attempts suicide to get attention

OK, maybe you don't know me well, because I lie a lot, but every single one of those apply to me very well.  Maybe I'm just being a hypochondriac, or I'm quadruple-guessing myself, but I think it's very possible I have this disorder.  There are other symptoms I didn't list that also apply to myself; I didn't leave out any that didn't apply though, because that would be manipulating the system to fit my own needs, and I want you to believe me when I explain how possible this is.  This is freaking me out.  I want to ask my friends if they agree about certain symptoms tomorrow.  OK, I'll shut up now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:17:34 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #1556 on: February 25, 2007, 12:12:40 AM »
Sometimes, when I feel depressed, it's like I have borderline personality disorder. But in general, most of the time, it seems like I have avoidant personality disorder. In real life, not online.Yeah, I went and looked them all up XD.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1557 on: February 25, 2007, 12:55:27 AM »
Guys this is horrible. I just logged onto my Yahoo email account to find all the messages I had been saving for up to a decade in some cases had been mysteriously deleted. I lost tons of important memories and info.

Not only that, but in my inbox was a new message from this girl I was sorta trying to get with. In the message she was enraged about several things that I supposedly wrote, but I never did. Now I may never find true love.

I guess I got hacked?

-----

Re: Markio

#1) I think (without any real evidence, I guess, besides my own experience) that whenever presented with a list of Things To Watch Out For in relation to a disorder or problem, one naturally strives to think up how they could possibly fit each one. Since most people have acted most ways at some time or another, it's generally possible, too. Not saying this is what you're doing exactly, but your post made me think of this thought, which I think of a lot when I see lists like that but have never written down.

#2) It seems these days that there's a personality disorder for everything, and I don't worry too much about them. If no one had a personality disorder, we'd all have the exact same personality, ya know?

#3) If you really threaten or attempt suicide to get attention, that one's a little worse than the others. Might want to quit / get help.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1558 on: February 25, 2007, 08:56:31 AM »
Guys this is horrible. I just logged onto my Yahoo email account to find all the messages I had been saving for up to a decade in some cases had been mysteriously deleted. I lost tons of important memories and info.

Not only that, but in my inbox was a new message from this girl I was sorta trying to get with. In the message she was enraged about several things that I supposedly wrote, but I never did. Now I may never find true love.

I guess I got hacked?
Hmm, this seems suspicious.

Also, I'm quite happy for ruining someone's day by stumbling onto his Yahoo account, responding to his possible girlfriend, and deleting all his email. I'm so twisted.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1559 on: February 25, 2007, 10:11:03 AM »
Mr. Wiggles just got pwned.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print