Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711871 times)

« Reply #1635 on: March 07, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »
Agh, I'm feeling a little devolved right now, with all these high class rankings.

Hey, I'm approximately #150 in a class of about 380 (basically I'm in the top half), but you don't see me complaining.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1636 on: March 07, 2007, 10:26:35 PM »
I don't even know what my class ranking is, or if anyone at my school really keeps track of them.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1637 on: March 08, 2007, 02:16:48 AM »
You get ranked in classes? Wow...

Well, I have angst because I am, in my opinion, to sensitive about things. I cry about the smallest things. Or is it my mom I have angst at? She criticizes every little thing I do. My friends, my choices, my everything. And I cry to let out my anger. Yeah, instead of doing what I would like to do (go stab something, yell, scream, punch, etc.) I cry.

And somehow, over all of these years, my mom has set up this reputation that I have. It's the reputation that I'm a good student who's very bright, which I have not been feeling the last couple of months. Random people at the masjid will come up and congratulate me on some academic thing or say "I heard *insert something about school here*". I'm like WTD cause I have no idea where they are getting this info from. Yeah, really confusing crap.

I hate getting a lot of attention, although I hate getting none. But my mom has set up a reputation for me. An all too good reputation for me. I wish it would disappear and some people would view me for who I am. Heh, heh, I'm not as good as she says.

Maybe she just likes bragging about me.

P.S.
I love my mom. I love my mom. I love my mom despite whatever I say.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1638 on: March 08, 2007, 10:42:32 AM »
Our high school had weighted grades for honors courses, which was idiotic at times. For example, people actually took AP Art History sophomore year. Are they interested in a career in the arts? Nope. It was an honors course that sophomores could take, so all the GPA-seeking students took it.

Conversely, anyone who took a band course could never be valedictorian because there were no honors band courses available. I was very pleased with my class rank for having played trumpet for 4 years.

Overall, class rank is so obscenely overrated it isn't even funny. Especially looking at colleges that sometimes throw out all non top-10% applications, even though being 40/350 in one school is much, much harder than being 1/800 in another.

High school, bleh.
~I.S.~

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1639 on: March 08, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »
I don't even know what my class ranking is, or if anyone at my school really keeps track of them.
Ditto

« Reply #1640 on: March 09, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »
Ugh... Parent-Teacher confrences were today...
My mom went INSANE after she heard that I was missing a few assignments from Spanish class.
My mom also went INSANE after she heard that my writing isn't that good.
My mom also went INSANE after she heard that my quiz average in History was a C (we only had two quizzes in that class; one was a B+ and the other was a C-).

So now I'm grounded for two months. It seems like she enjoys watching people suffer.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #1641 on: March 09, 2007, 01:19:50 PM »
Really, you're going to regret hating on your mother later in life.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1642 on: March 09, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »
Uh-oh... Parent Teacher conferences are coming up for me and I'm getting a D in English! Must act fast...

« Reply #1643 on: March 09, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »
I haven't had a parent teacher conference since I was like, in 5th grade...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1644 on: March 09, 2007, 04:09:04 PM »
Lucky you... =(

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1645 on: March 09, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »
Me neither. The schools around here have a conference day each year, but it's in October.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1646 on: March 09, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Lucky you... =(

It isn't so much luck as much as the teachers stop caring so much as you get into higher grades. :P

« Reply #1647 on: March 09, 2007, 06:11:35 PM »
The parent/teacher conference is every Friday besides when we're off. XD
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1648 on: March 10, 2007, 02:34:45 AM »
I'm in the same situation as Vid. They give you your report cards and pray the parent doesn't suggest a conference. Less time to watch reality TV shows and stuff like that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1649 on: March 10, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »
Well, as those in #tmk know, I have been having difficulties with my Wii console. Nothing was wrong earlier in the day. I was just playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves without any worry at all. Seven hours later, my Wii console will turn on, but nothing appears on screen. I unplugged and plugged back in many times over, but to nothing. So, I called Nintendo up today, and they're sending me a UPS shipping label so that I can send my console in for repair (or, if it boils down to it, a whole nother console). They don't know if my save data will be saved or not after they tinker with it, and I can only hope that it will. The best situation that can happen is that my Wii console can be successfully repaired and that my save data (and my Virtual Console games) will be saved. Mr. Melee BIG sigh. I'm going to be Wii-less for about a month or more.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print