Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711773 times)

« Reply #1695 on: March 12, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »
So, I went to my school for a rehearsal for the show I am in the pit orchestra of from 6 PM to 10:30 PM (that's not the reason for this post), and the shirts that many people ordered had arrived.

They were supposed to have the names of everyone involved in the show, cast, crew, as well as the pit orchestra. They were SUPPOSED to. My name, due to an error of some sort, is not on the shirt. My conductor sees this and goes "weird, I put your name on the list and gave it to the people who make the shirts..."

This alone doesn't really annoy me a lot, but after I told my mother about this, she was furious. She then made a good point. Stuff like this seems to happen to me about 80% of the time.

For some reason, I'm almost always overlooked and not credited for stuff I took as much part in as anyone. My name might accidently be skipped, or omitted completely, or spelled incorrectly. Of course, these are all mistakes, but the fact that they happen so frequently does annoy me a little.

About 5 years ago, when I was in 8th grade, I was told I had won an award among a few other 8th graders in the middle school I was in.  My name was to be called, and I'd go up and receive that award. The night of this show, I saw the program, and saw that I was accidently called a different name (there was a guy who shared my last name but was not related to me. His name was on the program instead of mine, but he did not receive an award nor was he invited).

Back in December, at one of the Winter concerts I was in, my name had been in the program and everything. The conductor had been mentioning a few people in the ensemble who had solos. I, in a rare occasion, had one. The conductor had not called my name, though. After the concert, I had told him about this, and he said he realized this shortly after he started the piece we played, and had said "oops" to himself as he was conducting and heard me play my solo.

My mother also added on the car ride home about the fact that I had been promised to go on band trips not once, not twice, but three times, but have been told "sorry, you can't go" near the last minute. That doesn't have much to do with the fact that my name is sometimes omitted or spelled wrong on programs and shirts, just the fact that I'm always overlooked as a person.

My (real) name isn't hard to spell or pronounce. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with it...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:19:05 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1696 on: March 13, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »
Who are you?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1697 on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
Vidgmchtr is indeed kind of hard to spell and pronounce. Maybe you should get a new username.
That was a joke.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1698 on: March 13, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »
I always thought of him as "Vid-Gum-Chair."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1699 on: March 13, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
NOOO!! Don't change it! It's hard enough remembering my name as it is! Now Poop Dude is Jake (though, thankfully, not Xx_DaRkNaRuToFaN_xX), donotcare53 (or whatever that number was) is WarpRattler, and my brain is shriveling up trying to comprehend it!!
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1700 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:59 PM »
Can I change my name to Rob-Bert?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1701 on: March 13, 2007, 02:11:15 PM »
You are The Chef. We will always know you as The Chef. It's such a cool name. I wish I had it... *JEALOUSY*

I always wanted my name to get changed to "Kurosaki" or "Kamiaka"...

« Reply #1702 on: March 13, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »
NOOO!! Don't change it! It's hard enough remembering my name as it is! Now Poop Dude is Jake (though, thankfully, not Xx_DaRkNaRuToFaN_xX), donotcare53 (or whatever that number was) is WarpRattler, and my brain is shriveling up trying to comprehend it!!
And Poop Dude was originally named Lonic the Elfinhog!
Changing names is the dumbest thing ever. Shame on you donotcare95 and all name-changers.
I still haven't gotten over "Ultima Shadow".
I don't remember ever posting in the ANGST thread before now, but name changing really brings me ANGST!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1703 on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Lizard Dude is a crappy name. I suggest changing it to "Fnord, the Fearsome Viking".
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1704 on: March 13, 2007, 04:10:30 PM »
I only changed names because I rather dislike having a number in my name, and would rather have a better name than donotcare.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1705 on: March 13, 2007, 04:11:22 PM »
I am guilty of a name change, however I doubt anyone noticed it. I used to be "solidmushroom."

« Reply #1706 on: March 13, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
I want a name change. I hate the name PaperLuigi.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1707 on: March 13, 2007, 05:39:56 PM »
I need a name change.
CantThinkOfAName
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1708 on: March 13, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
Ah, LD's right. The Chef is way more unique than Rob-Bert. I initially wanted to change it for the sake of consistency (Rob-Bert is the name I use on every other forum I go to).

« Reply #1709 on: March 13, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
I think for April Fools Day everyone but Lizard Dude should get a name change, just to mess with him. That'd be quite fun.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print