Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711715 times)

« Reply #1770 on: March 20, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »
if somebody did something bad to you, you do something bad to them.

Wrong! Try this new philosophy: "If you ignore bullies and just walk somewhere else when they attack, they will eventually leave you alone because you getting angry is what they want!"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1771 on: March 20, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »
I hate conversations like that; just ignore him. By the way...

Me: What if I said all hyperactive people that have a caffine addiction are going to hell?
Oh no, what did I do?
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1772 on: March 20, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »
Also, Max, he was referring to me.
Well, that's pretty hard to tell when
*stuff happens*
is all I know about what happened before this.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1773 on: March 20, 2007, 08:22:03 PM »
cantthinkofaname, boy, you was raised wrong.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1774 on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:37 PM »
That's the logic I choose the follow, and it's the logic that all of my peers choose to follow.
Simply going and telling an adult makes you look like you're weak and you can't stand up for yourself. And it's true. Just last year, I told my mom because of a bully problem (which, ironically, is Mike 2). Mike 2's dad talked to my mom, and Mike 2 promised it would never happen again. Guess what happened today.
And what if you're getting beat up in front of your girlfriend, and you just stand there and take it? When that happens, there's usually a 70% chance that you won't be seeing your girlfriend again (or maybe that's just my school).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1775 on: March 20, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »
There's a 70% chance you have no concept of reality.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1776 on: March 20, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »
That's the logic I choose the follow, and it's the logic that all of my peers choose to follow.

And that's why the youth is going to make this country even worse than it has already been now.

Simply going and telling an adult makes you look like you're weak and you can't stand up for yourself.
Well that's fine, in elementary and middle school, because you're still young. In High school you will have to learn how to stand up for yourself, but you must do so in a non-violent way. If people think that's stupid, well, don't hang out with those people, because they might not really be true friends.

And it's true.
No, it's not. You'd still be the better person if you told somebody about someone who is troubling you rather than engaging in physical combat.

Just last year, I told my mom because of a bully problem (which, ironically, is Mike 2). Mike 2's dad talked to my mom, and Mike 2 promised it would never happen again. Guess what happened today.
Well he most likely said that to please the adults who told him to make that promise and didn't really mean it. Nothing wrong with telling someone he's at it again.

And what if you're getting beat up in front of your girlfriend, and you just stand there and take it? When that happens, there's usually a 70% chance that you won't be seeing your girlfriend again (or maybe that's just my school).
Actually I'd bet you a million dollars she'd be just as disappointed in you as much as if you were to start a fight with her, unless she's a girlfriend who only likes you for your looks, and not your personality.

Besides, there'll be plenty of time for you to find another girlfriend, because chances are you're not going to be exchanging wedding vows with a girl you met in middle school.

You're still learning, child. In time, hopefully, you'll have different views on how bullies should be treated than you do now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #1777 on: March 20, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »
The way I was raised, I was taught that if somebody did something bad to you, you do something bad to them.

Do you realize there are certain people and religions that practice this belief? One being Satanism? I mean, not to say you belong to this group, but the belief that you must hurt someone after being hurt is something they practice. I really hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if you sat down and thought about what these people do, you might change your way of thinking. And by the way, telling an adult does not make you weak. Would you not tell the cops if someone broke into your house? Yeah, so mabey my example is a little lame, but I'm trying to tell you that adults are humans, just like you. And if your girlfriend doesn't want to see you after getting beat up, then ding-dang it, she ain't the right girl for you!

EDIT: Whew, I had to edit that a few times to make it perfect.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:32:25 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1778 on: March 20, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »
There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
Hey... get new friends.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1779 on: March 20, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »
*tastes the ground under him.*

Gee, it all makes sense now!  I've been walking on frosting all these years.

I guess bullies ignore the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Vid's absolutely right.  So's PaperLuigi.  I've been telling this to a lot of people lately: You'll find your true friends are the ones that will stand by you and help you along your way, no matter what you do.  And even if they let you down, there's still someone who won't.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:21:29 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1780 on: March 20, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »
Yup. Obviously, the people you don't stand by you are not your friends, g/f, etc.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1781 on: March 21, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »
Oh jeez man. Where in the dukar is this nation's youth going to? Honestly, even though I'm still in middle school, ask anyone here that's in their late teens and twenties like Deezer, Chupperson, Sapphira, Fifth, Suffix, Lizard_Dude, or Luigison; I doubt that they really care about what happened in middle school. I also don't believe that any of the aforementioned members are currently in a relationship with someone from his or her middle school. In my opinion, ninety some percent of middle school kids are immature and need to really grow up, especially before they're capable of romantic relationships with each other. On a final note, I believe that the civilizations that ran on violence to select mates and leaders were made up of cavemen. So yeah, time to start building our middle schools out of rock.

Also, AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH STUPID WEATHER DIEDIEIDIEDIEIDIEDIEIDIEDIE
Yesterday it was the start of spring, and 50 degrees in the morning. It got much warmer, around the seventies actually, that day. Today, is a different story. Right now it is 7:17 AM, and the temperature outside is 33 degrees, with the high being aroung 50. DANG IT WON'T YOU STAY WARM?! Also, this rapidly changing weather is taking a toll to my sinuses, I've been having coughing problems and a stuffy nose for around two weeks because of this stupid weather. AAAAAAAAA!

Wow, that was a long post.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:24:44 AM by SolidShroom »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1782 on: March 21, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »
My philosophy is this: If a fight begins with an insult, end it with a snappy comeback, then walk (or perhaps run) away. If it begins with a punch, then end it with a swift kick to the groin, then run (or perhaps walk) away.
every

« Reply #1783 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
Yeah, flame me with your insults on how not to beat up nerds and how not to gay bash, but everybody does it. I mean EVERYBODY. Even some of the girls do it too. If you havn't at least tripped him while he was running or stolen one of his books, you're considered to be one of his "boyfriends", and an introvert who deserves no friends.

It sounds like you're the one with the problem. Just because everybody else does it doesn't make it right. If everybody else jumped off a cliff, would you?

That kid may be introverted because he's being picked on all the time. I was a quiet little thing for a while becuase I was picked on all the time. Is he happy? Does he act happy? If he acts happy, then somebody should take him somewhere quite so that he can talk to somebody and let them know that he's being picked on all the time. He'll feel better and then people can start being nicer to him.

That poor kid. I can relate to how he feels.. I was picked on a lot during my school days too, up through the high school. I never let it bother me, though, because I was somehow smart enough to realise that kids are cruel, and that they are also in the process of growing up. Eventually, everybody noticed how calm and happy I was all the time and liked me because I was happy all the time. I could have hung out with whoever I wanted, but just stuck with my friends.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1784 on: March 21, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »
EDIT: Before all of this, Me and both Mikes get into an argument about weather or not we should throw rubber chickens and rubber pigs (I'm not joking) at this introvert who's only friend is his boyfriend. Mike 1 is tired of throwing stuff at him, and dosn't want to beat him up. However, me and Mike 2 think we should. Yeah, flame me with your insults on how not to beat up nerds and how not to gay bash, but everybody does it. I mean EVERYBODY. Even some of the girls do it too. If you havn't at least tripped him while he was running or stolen one of his books, you're considered to be one of his "boyfriends", and an introvert who deserves no friends.
:(
Fun Fact: That's How Columbine happened. Stop picking on the kid. Really, nothing justifies making someone feel bad about themselves and everyone else. It would take more of a man to stand up for him, and I mean it. It would take a real man and certainly not a  person you may label as "gay" to stand up to everyone else in the school and make the most unfortunate kid in the school feel loved. I've done something before in the same vein (or would it be another spelling of that word?) and I must tell you, it felt a heck of a lot better than social acceptance. Additionally, your last sentence really makes me lol. If you stand up for a kid, he'll be your friend. I also seriously believe that he would make a much better friend than those Mike losers, or anyone else in the school.

Also, Toad is right. I've recently started to realize that the social "machine" and stuff that picks on people like me is just a bunch of morons. I imagine Toad and I would have been pretty good friends if we were in school together.

Dang, I've posted a lot in this thread lately.

Print