Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711491 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1875 on: March 22, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »
I know that's why they have the preloader. The MP3 with the correct bitrate (it has to be 11khz, 22khz, or 44khz and the only one I can get is 44) just won't upload. I keep getting "There was a problem." Think perhaps it's the audio converter that's screwing it up?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1876 on: March 23, 2007, 07:42:14 AM »
That's why I don't trust computers. I'm currently typing on a keyboard.
every

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1877 on: March 23, 2007, 10:31:53 AM »
I have angst because of that new Jeff Foxworthy show on FOX, "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?". It's so pointless. I mean, What kind of able-minded ADULT can't answer simple questions, like which hemisphere North America is located in. Those questions are so mind-numbingly easy that this show is quite possibly the EASIEST way to win (and I'm using the word "win" loosely) a million dollars. I happened to catch a glimpse of last night's episode, and it showed this woman getting the question, "True or false: North America in the Northern Hemisphere," and she said that it was in the EASTERN hemisphere, which was completely irrelevant to the question! She managed to get a TRUE OR FALSE question wrong. Also, when people lose, they make them say into the camera, "I'm dumber than a 5th Grader," or something of the like. The only reason I wouldn't get on that show when I'm old enough is that it won't be around by then, and would probably be replaced with another pointless FOX reality show. No one can be that stupid; that show MUST be staged...

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1878 on: March 23, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
she said that it was in the EASTERN hemisphere, which was completely irrelevant to the question!
Not to mention, WRONG.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1879 on: March 23, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
I thought it was a cool show; the questions seem easier to US because we are closer to our years as grade school students than fully grown adults are. It shows how much you can forget (or maybe just how terrible schools were in our parents' time). I personally never remember anyone teaching me how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon, 'cause I came from a crappy school. So I could lose there.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1880 on: March 23, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »
Perhaps it shows that you don't need to know most of what you learn in school.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1881 on: March 23, 2007, 01:01:57 PM »
I, for one, do not know how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon either. Screw non-metric systems!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1882 on: March 23, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
Perhaps it shows that you don't need to know most of what you learn in school.

I think this is the point, yes, but when a CEO of a CONSTRUCTION company can't tell you the area of a square of side 12... ya.
~I.S.~

« Reply #1883 on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
Why does a CEO need to know that? It's not like they're building anything with their own hands.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1884 on: March 23, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
Oh, this reminds me, (this isn't angsty) but I CORNERED my geometry teacher. She was pwned.
Some student: Is your life exciting, Ms. Couch?
Ms. Couch: Not really.
Some other student: Like, you don't go home and do geometric stuff just for fun?
Ms. Couch: No, I don't even like to balance my checkbook. Now, notes today are on--
Me: A-HAH! You JUST SAID that we're never going to have to use this junk later in life! Am I right?
Friend: Oooooooh!!!
Ms. Couch: ...
Me: I win.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1885 on: March 23, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »
Ha, Ms. Couch, sounds like someone who owns this couch warehouse full of used furniture.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1886 on: March 23, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
I swear, that's really my geometry teacher's surname.
ARGH DERAILED TOPICS ALL OVER
I'm super bored.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1887 on: March 23, 2007, 01:50:12 PM »
Don't worry, TMK's 10th birthday is coming soon.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #1888 on: March 23, 2007, 01:53:04 PM »
when a CEO of a CONSTRUCTION company can't tell you the area of a square of side 12... ya.

Area of a square? That kind of stuff counts as geometry. No one learns geometry in elementary school!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1889 on: March 23, 2007, 01:53:51 PM »
I learned it in fifth grade.

Print