Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711659 times)

« Reply #1905 on: March 24, 2007, 02:04:51 PM »
The whole poetry competition is a scam. You never actually see the published book unless you pay 40 bucks for one and you only see your poem published in it. That's how they make their money. It's scandalous. The letter of flattery. Argh...
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1906 on: March 24, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »
Well, that doesn't change the quality of your poetry. You did say you made it to the semi-finals of the contest, right?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1907 on: March 24, 2007, 04:24:14 PM »
But every poem, according to my knowledge and research, makes it to the semi-finals!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #1908 on: March 24, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »
Whoa. Scam city.

« Reply #1909 on: March 24, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »
I once sent in a poem that was written in total bull. And it STILL got to the semi-finals!
And many others believe it's a scam too, according to this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:02:03 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #1910 on: March 24, 2007, 08:49:53 PM »
Seems to me just to be a vanity press company being a bit more tricky about it than usual.

Also, the amount and type of ads on that page instantly set off about three warning bells in my head that the company is not very legit.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1911 on: March 25, 2007, 07:49:54 AM »
I have ANGST, courtesy of GamePro magazine. I've been meaning to write this rant for a while, but I'm lazy, so I'm just now telling you this. You see, GamePro is a magazine for people who know little about video games, but written as if it were a magazine for hardcore gamers (ugh, I thought I'd never use the phrase "hardcore gamer" in my life). Apparently, to look more legit, they, for some stupid reason, criticize classic games and act as if it's everyone's view. I don't have an issue with me now, but I remember reading, in a review for Soul Calibur III, "pretty much everyone can agree that Soul Calibur 2 was a huge disappointment"; funny, 'cause they gave it a perfect 5.0. Also, in the same issue they said something like "every self-respecting Mario fan hates MK:DD because of its utter lack of fun". In five or ten years, they'll have another one of their stupid game lists, and I predict they'll say something like "All true RE fans know Resident Evil 4 was infamously mediocre in every way, and simply did not live up to the standard of Resident Evil 3, which is unanimously considered the best game ever made."
every

« Reply #1912 on: March 25, 2007, 08:40:47 AM »
I personally hate Gamepro with a passion. All of the people I know think it sucks.

« Reply #1913 on: March 25, 2007, 12:58:02 PM »
I don't really enjoy gaming magazines at all.

My brother DID have a subscription for Nintendo Power at one point when he was a big Nintendo person like I was, from the Diddy Kong Racing issue to the Donkey Kong 64 issue. Maybe about a year or two's worth of issues before my brother was like "Meh I don't like Nintendo much anymore" and let his subscription expire. I read the issues from time to time because I enjoyed the pictures and information they gave about games that apparently couldn't be found anywhere else.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1914 on: March 25, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »
I spent one whole summer collecting every single one of Nintendo Power's issues. via eBay. I'm pathetic, aren't I?

« Reply #1915 on: March 25, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »
The last good gaming mag just died. R.I.P.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1916 on: March 25, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
I spent one whole summer collecting every single one of Nintendo Power's issues. via eBay. I'm pathetic, aren't I?

Not really...I often search garage sales and flea markets for the original NES.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1917 on: March 25, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »
I usually find stacks and towring stacks of NES's in flea markets... I have about 4 myself, lost count.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1918 on: March 25, 2007, 09:17:11 PM »
Well.........were going back to school tomarrow, so thats why I'm in this thread. The fact that school starts is very depressing.

« Reply #1919 on: March 26, 2007, 01:17:52 AM »

That's seems totally awesome, dude.

Print