Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711579 times)

« Reply #2160 on: April 15, 2007, 09:49:35 AM »
Sorry, heh heh *blush*.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2161 on: April 15, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
I think ATHF is an um, acquired taste, to put it lightly. Basically the entire show is a series of non-sequiters and random goofiness, although I find it funny. Family Guy, I don't, though, because it seems like they just took an episode of The Simpsons, swapped out the characters, added some "adult" humor, then shoehorned in some weird clips. Also, ATHF has a way better theme song.
every

« Reply #2162 on: April 15, 2007, 12:28:22 PM »
I went back to see the movie at about 10:00 today to see if it'd be funnier the 2nd time. It was. Now that I know the plot and everything, I spent more time paying attention to the funny parts. So I give it a 3.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2163 on: April 15, 2007, 06:15:57 PM »
So the sound driver on my computer decided it doesn't want to work anymore, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work right.
~I.S.~

« Reply #2164 on: April 15, 2007, 06:45:31 PM »
I had a chance to get a Wii last Thursday(April 12) and it was totally blown by a dad who was unwilling to cooperate. He has apologized repeatedly since then, but still... :(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:47:59 PM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #2165 on: April 16, 2007, 04:14:52 AM »
No Wii. Super Paper Mario and Cooking Mama: Cook Off have both been released. Bummer. That is my angst. :(.

But I'm grateful for my Gamecube!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2166 on: April 16, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
Well, I didn't have to go to school today because of my cold, but I have mixed reactions. I'm partly happy because it means I don't have to go to school. But it also means I'll be drowned with homework I missed when I get back. Oh well. I might as well enjoy the rest of my day.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2167 on: April 16, 2007, 12:49:26 PM »
I'm upset because I heard about the school shooting today in Virginia, with at least 32 people confirmed dead. That's absolutely horrible. It's also been confirmed to be the deadliest school shooting in the U.S. since Columbine as well as the worst civilian shooting in America by a wide margin. We heard about it in school today, and actually got off early, even though I'm in a completely different state. I just know that they're going to try to find some way to connect this to video games. I just know.
every

« Reply #2168 on: April 16, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »
Oh man............that's terrible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2169 on: April 16, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »
I just know that they're going to try to find some way to connect this to video games. I just know.

Of course they will. People will try to connect ANYTHING negative to video games, and they've been ever since games with violence have existed.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2170 on: April 16, 2007, 02:34:37 PM »
This is terrible. I just got the news about it when I went to the home page. Big as day.

Tragedy at Virginia Tech

Death toll rises to 31 in worst shooting incident in U.S. history.

The part in which they said the worst shooting incident in U.S. HISTORY is what got my attention.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2171 on: April 16, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
I knew it was bad when my teacher got the news over the phone during class when she said, "Oh, good god." That's not too upset-sounding, but whenver she says anything that sounds upset, it's generally really bad.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2172 on: April 16, 2007, 02:44:55 PM »
Virginia Tech is where I graduated from.  My sisters and some friends are still there.  So far, I'm not aware of anybody who was involved, thankfully.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2173 on: April 16, 2007, 05:55:26 PM »
Of course they will. People will try to connect ANYTHING negative to video games, and they've been ever since games with violence have existed.
Don't forget, before that it was movies and books.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2174 on: April 16, 2007, 06:20:11 PM »
I'm surprised the guy didn't wait 4 days before going through with the shooting. Y'know, cause of the Columbine incident and the many yearly attempts others have done to eclipse the original incident.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print