Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711784 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2205 on: April 18, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
I think the guy hated humanity and wanted to get back at them for being the way they are, or something along those lines. If that's the case, then I sorta don't blame him for thinking that way, but killing a bunch of innocent people is bit... you know... >_>

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2206 on: April 18, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
So far the only explanation he had for the shooting was a note he left in his dorm that said "You made me do this". Exactly who "You" is, why they're responsible for the boy finally snapping, or what motive he had behind it is still under investigation.
Sorry, there was quite a bit more left behind than just that.  The guy was clearly disturbed since at least high school.  I don't think it's necessary to go into the details because there is no justification for what he did.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2207 on: April 18, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »
On a much less heavy note. I had a 10 problem long Diff Eq. assignment to do today.

It took 12 pages, front and back. And about 7 hours.

Here's a picture illustrating how I feel about Euler's method (and tangent line approximations) after this was over: (Note, what I have done there is about 3/8 of one problem)

Ok, so MB can probably top this, but pages of the same calculations over and over again are vomit inducing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 11:09:52 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2208 on: April 18, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »
Calculus really makes me sick sometimes, and today was one of them. We had a test on the volume/area of revolved surfaces, and it seems that our teacher cranked up the difficulty level just for the test. Needless to say, I think this might be the first test that I've ever failed.

« Reply #2209 on: April 19, 2007, 01:55:23 AM »
Ok, so MB can probably top this
Hey what about me?

But yeah, that stuff you're doing there does seem pretty pointless to do by hand. And weird for a differential equation class.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2210 on: April 19, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »
I have angst because every single game magazine, no matter how well-written, seems to use the caption "Cue Dukes of Hazzard theme song" in every issue. Seriously, I've seen it used in both previews and reviews for both Full Auto games, both Mercenaries games, and both FlatOut games, to mention just a few. It's spectacularly annoying. Just because it's a picture of a flying car doesn't mean you have to make a Dukes of Hazzard reference.
every

« Reply #2211 on: April 19, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »
I dropped all unrequired math classes after my Sophomore year, because by the time I finished that year, I had fulfilled the amount of math credits needed to graduate (3).

I sort of regret doing that, as even though I find most math to be easy, it's very tedious, and I enjoy taking my time on problems. This was a problem when taking the SAT in May 2006, and the ACT in October 2006, and again in April 2007, as my knowledge of math slowly disappeared, and I only remembered basic things about high school math.

I THOUGHT that that would be the end of math for me when I made the decision, I had no idea that it was to be taken in college as well regardless of what major you chose. So, I feel like I'll be very unprepared the day I walk into a math class again next year.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2212 on: April 19, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
At least your math still involves numbers I.S.

« Reply #2213 on: April 19, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »
Totally, that kind of stuff [Editor's Note: meaning IS's stuff] doesn't really even seem like math to me anymore, but some seperate field of "calculation" or something.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2214 on: April 19, 2007, 07:16:44 PM »
I just got done with the only math class I have to take in college. I have an A so I don't have to take the final.
Whoops, this isn't ANGST.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2215 on: April 21, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »
Looks like my so called "n00b defending" has earned me the title "Defender of the n00b." That's the last time I'll ever do that, 'cause 451 was a cool custom title.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2216 on: April 21, 2007, 04:37:32 PM »
It's a shame nowadays how people are ridiculed for their beliefs, right PaperLuigi? Actually, that's nothing new.

« Reply #2217 on: April 21, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »
Yeah. I dunno, just trying to stick up for him, and I get the the big boot.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2218 on: April 21, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »
The Big Boot would be The B& Boot. I don't think you'd get that sort of boot for what you did.

What you got was a custom title that isn't to your liking.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2219 on: April 21, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »
Your CT should be "Defender of question," if your signature is anything by which to go.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print