Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711535 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2235 on: April 24, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »
1. I haven't had the ability to access the internet normally for days now. I couldn't use it at school because I had a bad grade halfway through the quarter, and when I had a chance to access it at home any day last week, I left for play practice (the performance of Canterbury Tales, by the way, was a success; I ended up doing lights for it, which was more than I was originally planning to do) or church. I had no internet access on Saturday because I stayed over at a friend's house on Friday (I'm posting this from his house because I'm staying over tonight and tomorrow due to standardized testing + student council providing homemade breakfast, which was AWESOME last year), and didn't get back home until really late because of the band contest (we placed second), us going into town so I could get my DS, and the actual performance (as I said, it was pretty good), and when I got home after the cast party, I found out that one of the screws holding the satellite for our internet to the roof had been pulled loose by the strong winds, and we had no internet access because of it. We had it back on Sunday for about an hour, when I was able to use it to find info for fusing planet Meteo.

2. I bought a DS Lite (new, Onyx). Well, I'm a little concerned about the Meteos card I bought (used, which explains a lot); if I could get a picture of it, it would be easy to show what's wrong with it. I'll try to get a picture of it next time I have access to a camera, and post it on here.

« Reply #2236 on: April 25, 2007, 02:02:14 AM »
Perhaps he was tired from coming home and/or was just in a bad mood.

Ah, no excuses for him! He came again. He didn't stay. No hugs. No personal "I missed you". It feels like he's sort of alienating himself from us. I don't feel as if I know him.

But of course on the second visit, I didn't exactly give him a warm welcome. I didn't speak to him, and he didn't speak to me.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2237 on: April 25, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
I recently got the Spider-Man 2.1 DVD, and they really should've just called it Spider-Man 2: Spider-Man 3 Edition. It's identical, down to the menu design, to the original Spider-Man 2 DVD, but with some extra scenes that just make the movie longer and more boring and, thus, should've stayed cut, and a ton of special features are replaced (not supplemented with, REPLACED) by previews, trivia, featurettes or what have you for Spider-Man 3. Lame.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2238 on: April 26, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
Now I'm angsty about the fact that I can't photograph my Meteos card. Anyway, most of you know that cards for the DS have a code on the bottom; for example, SM64DS is NTR-ASME-USA. Well, my copy of Meteos has an odd code: DIS-NTR-AMTE-USA. Not only that, but there is a visible bar on the label that's been gone over with Sharpie; I can easily see that it says "NOT FOR RESALE".

This hasn't affected me playing the game itself (I just fused Meteo about an hour ago, which requires 8 endings viewed and a ridiculous amount of Meteos, so it's definitely the full version of the game), but it's just another reason to hate GameStop.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2239 on: April 26, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »
DIS obviously standing for DISPLAY.
Where I work we get lots of display copies of games too. Personally I think non-retail copies of games are kind of neat.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2240 on: April 27, 2007, 06:38:17 AM »
Yeah, it's great having a display copy, especially of a game I like, but still...

I'm ANGSTY about the fact that I can't find a copy of Tetris DS at ANY store around here.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2241 on: April 27, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »
My copy of Metroid Prime Hunters is a display copy.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2242 on: April 27, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »
I have two "special" versions of games in my collection (not counting normal special editions, of course): a store display version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis, and a special Tournament Copy of NBA Jam for the Game Gear, both of which I inherited from my older brother.
every

« Reply #2243 on: April 27, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »
How much of a difference do Display versions have when compared to Retail versions?  I would think the display version would only allow a little trial of the game, since it's only going to be used as a sample in the store.  Or am I thinking of something else?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2244 on: April 27, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »
Display copies are generally the full game, but they just say NOT FOR RESALE on them. Glorb, your Sonic the Hedgehog is probably just a copy that came bundled with a Genesis. Many many copies came with Genesises and say NOT FOR RESALE on them. However, it could be an actual store display too, I guess.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2245 on: April 27, 2007, 03:13:31 PM »
Display games can be either full copies or preview versions... most GBA games (and back to the SNES) are full copies, while most DS games are demo versions.  Meteos is an exception in that it is a full copy.  I collect display copies myself, but it is disingenuous for GameStop to sell their display games, particularly when they black out the "not for resale."  NBA Jam Tournament Edition is not a special version, it was an enhanced version that was sold normally (like Street Fighter 2 vs. Street Fighter 2 Turbo).

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2246 on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »
Do game stores pay for their display games? If not, then that's just even more of a profit for GameStop.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2247 on: April 27, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »
They don't.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2248 on: April 27, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »
NBA Jam Tournament Edition is not a special version, it was an enhanced version that was sold normally (like Street Fighter 2 vs. Street Fighter 2 Turbo).

Yes, but mine said "Tournament Copy, Not For Resale". However, when you put it in, it just has the regular NBA Jam game with no differences, save for the title screen. I don't know, it's in rather poor condition; it might be a counterfeit, for all I know.

Also, what's with all this anti-GameStop stuff lately? It's not like they're some evil corporation run by evil scientists who stroke evil cats and wear evil monocles.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2249 on: April 27, 2007, 04:29:51 PM »
Actually, Glorb, other than the fact that the monocles themselves aren't evil, and they aren't scientists, GameStop is that stuff.

Print