Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711871 times)

« Reply #2295 on: May 01, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
Grammar jokes haven't been funny since everyone decided to hop on board and feel the need to single out every small typo they see and make some snide remark. They try to look witty and cute doing it, but it only makes them look like total sheep.
I almost never find it funny unless the typo makes the sentence actually look funny.

And I get ANGST! whenever Chup decides to stop everything because someone spelled something incorrectly or didn't use correct punctuation or grammar, and goes off on how he either doesn't understand the sentence due to a fault in the grammar structure or spelling of the word (but he does 'cause he's pointing it out), or belittles them as if they HAD to know it to save their own lives. They only made a simple mistake. If I can understand what I'm reading and not get distracted by a mistake or two in a sentence I can shrug it off and go on in my life. I don't get how this is so difficult for other people.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2296 on: May 01, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Yes, that is very annoying. It's almost as annoying as "talkin lyke dis lol"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2297 on: May 01, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
Personally, I don't understand how people can be paying so little attention that they don't know how to use punctuation.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2298 on: May 01, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »
What is with people editing their posts to fix typos or whatnot after its pointed out? It totally ruins my jokes!
Grammar jokes haven't been funny since everyone decided to hop on board and feel the need to single out every small typo they see and make some snide remark. They try to look witty and cute doing it, but it only makes them look like total sheep.

What he said was, "Yeah, except a good majority of the comic's run was not all that goof."
And I said, "I think you...        GOOFED UP!"
Then he edited it, making my joke incomprehensible and me look like a total sheep.
But in reality I'm witty and cute. :3

« Reply #2299 on: May 01, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
........whenever Chup decides to stop everything because someone spelled something incorrectly or didn't use correct punctuation or grammar, and goes off on how he either doesn't understand the sentence due to a fault in the grammar structure or spelling of the word (but he does 'cause he's pointing it out), or belittles them as if they HAD to know it to save their own lives. They only made a simple mistake. If I can understand what I'm reading and not get distracted by a mistake or two in a sentence I can shrug it off and go on in my life. I don't get how this is so difficult for other people.

He did that to me in the hopeful thread yesterday. I was very tired...guess I wasn't paying attention too much.  :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:55:22 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2300 on: May 01, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
Though the concert I was in went great (see HOPEFUL), right after it, I accidently walked into a music stand cart, and it tore through my black dress shirt.

Haha! On my window, the word "shirt" was on its own line, so I didn't see it. I did a double take to see who make the post, then chuckled.

I agree, for the most part, about people correcting spelling and grammar too often. However I enjoy Lizard Dude's humor, and Chupperson would be a bit annoying, except for the fact that he posts about things that tick me off too (take, for example, his recent post about someone using an apostrophe on a word that is simply plural. Why don't people understand!?).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2301 on: May 01, 2007, 04:02:43 PM »
That's a pretty valuable correction if you ask me. But if you're correcting silly, interpretive things like comma usage, you're crossing the line.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 05:34:40 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #2302 on: May 01, 2007, 09:28:39 PM »
Yes, but it could easily be corrected through use of PMs, and in a friendly, non-sarcastic/insulting manner.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2303 on: May 01, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
Yes may my sentences run on freely.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2304 on: May 01, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
Chupperson should be the new J.J. in the mailbags.

« Reply #2305 on: May 01, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »
Next week, I have to take the STAR testing (or CAT/6, whatever you wanna call it). I am NOT happy about this. The test is three days long. I'll still have schoolwork to do during that week, which will put more stress on me (not to mention take up my day until 12 o' clock, and then lunch takes up more time. That leaves a little time during the day. Then we're still moving during that week. And on that Wednesday I have a program to attend from 2:30 to 5:30, more time taken, aside from lunch and chores. GOD, I'm in for it!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2306 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
I always found STAR testing easy. Except for the first day, where I have to get reaquinted with the test again.

In actual angst, I'm really disappointed that Taker's title reign may be cut short because of his injury. I was looking forward to seeing his long title reign, then possibly losing it next year to a likeable up and comer. If he is forced to vacate the title like Batista did last year, I hope they pull a Kurt Angle and place the belt on Benoit again via Battle Royal. That guy deserves another World title reign.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2307 on: May 02, 2007, 11:09:38 AM »
Who to the who to the what now?

Anyway is this STAR anything like the MEAP we have here in michigan? Y'know a state wide assessment test.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2308 on: May 02, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
I just got to the Little Mermaid part of Kingdom Hearts II, which has confirmed my fears: It's the girliest freaking thing ever made. It's bad enough that there's some esoteric rythm game crap thrown in, I have to sing sings about swimming and dancing and fish. Yech. Hopefully I'll get to the Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron parts soon.
every

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2309 on: May 02, 2007, 01:12:04 PM »
Tron makes up for the "finny fun."

Though it couldn't save the game from being awful.

Print