Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711434 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2310 on: May 02, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »
Well, it's pretty good. I mean, normally I hate RPGs, unless they're Final Fantasy Tactics or, in this case, action-based. It's not that I'm not sophisticated enough to properly enjoy gaining +5 charisma, it's just that they all feel like a bunch of stats-based nonsense. It's annoying when you see your sword hit the enemy, but the game says you missed, so KH is definately my kind of RPG (save for the girliness and psuedo-metaphorical weirdness). I hope to get The Elder Scrolls IV sometime soon.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2311 on: May 02, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »
I dunno man, have you ever even played any other RPGs?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2312 on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:24 PM »
Thanx for all the advice on dealing with The Annoyance, guys. :)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #2313 on: May 02, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
Who to the who to the what now?

Anyway is this STAR anything like the MEAP we have here in michigan? Y'know a state wide assessment test.

yeppurz, the STAR test is like your MEAP test. It's so frustrating because...well, test in general are annoying to me. I have no problem with the test. Just the math part. I'm working...

P.S. I wanna go to Michigan!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2314 on: May 03, 2007, 05:35:49 AM »
Go ahead. Just, don't steal TOO much of our lake water, thanks.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2315 on: May 03, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »
Is it magic? If so, I'm goin' too!
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2316 on: May 03, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »
Back in Virginia, the tests are called aptly called "SOL."

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2317 on: May 03, 2007, 10:43:28 AM »
Is it magic? If so, I'm goin' too!
*oh no, They're on us.*

No, of course not. But, Go ahead and drink straight. It's not polluted or anything.

« Reply #2318 on: May 03, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »
The standardized tests here are called the New York State Regents Exams, taken in 4th grade, 8th grade, and throughout high school. I am not quite sure if "NYSRE" is what it's better known as, though.

In 4th grade, tests on English and Math are taken in January and June, respectively. Parents have spoken against these, as children who don't pass them have a good chance of being held back a year. This actually happened to a friend of mine who is 2 months older than me but is only a junior in high school.

In 8th grade, tests on the same subjects are taken, but at a higher level, of course. I've not heard of any parents having problems with these, though.

In high school (pretty much every grade except 12th, as most seniors have either hardly any classes or AP classes which have AP exams instead), there are tests in Math, Science, English, LOTE (Languages Other Than English) and Global/National History, depending on what courses you're taking and at what level.
The only exam freshmen have to take is a proficiency exam in whatever language they chose.
Sophomores and juniors get the most exams.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:29:05 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2319 on: May 03, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »
How do you pronounce NYRSE? Knee-erse, or nurse, or nigh-reese, or nyuh-rissie?
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2320 on: May 03, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
"New York State Regents Exams."

...Or just say the letters. It wasn't meant to be pronounced.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2321 on: May 03, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »
What a wonderful end-of-senior-year I'm having.

My Wii Remotes are hidden, Super Paper Mario's been stashed somewhere, and my DS has been kidnapped (the Wii heist occurred only days after I got SPM). All of these I bought with my own money, but they've been stolen in order to motivate me to fill out scholarships and do a number of things that I wish I had never got myself into, like working up for a large piano recital. People ask if I'm scared of going over to Washington State University, or if I'll miss home. Believe me when I say I won't.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:23:46 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #2322 on: May 03, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »
The tests in my home state are called TAKS, for Texas assessment of knowledge and skills.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2323 on: May 03, 2007, 10:35:16 PM »
We have the California Review And Pre-college Preparation Yeah tests here... No better than the Standardized Tests of the United People In Delaware, though, from what SolidShroom tells me.
Actually, the tests we're taking now were originally so that the state of California would know how we high school students are doing, but now colleges are looking at them. That's not bad news for me, the tests are easy as pie. So this belongs in Hopeful, but it's relevant here...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2324 on: May 03, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »
How heinous, Suffix. You should just be all, "Oh yeah well now I really won't do anything," and just read a bunch or something.

But then I suppose they could be all, "Oh yeah, well then we're booting you out of the house."

And then you could be all, "Oh yeah, well I'm burning down the house."

And then they'd be all, "No we're not paying his bail."

And you'd be all, "Now I'll never Catch 'Em Allâ„¢!"     :(

Print