Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711678 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2460 on: May 27, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »
Pokemon battles are the pits.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2461 on: May 27, 2007, 11:58:10 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly.

« Reply #2462 on: May 27, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
It's true.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2463 on: May 27, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »
They're even worse in the two Mystery Dungeon games.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #2464 on: May 27, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2465 on: May 27, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
They're even worse in the two Mystery Dungeon games.
I don't think so. They moved much more quickly in those games, which I think is what hampers them in the main games.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2466 on: May 27, 2007, 09:18:42 PM »
Read a few pages back. I had the same trouble too. It helps if you use a Pokemon that has either Yawn, Hypnosis or any type of attack that puts him to sleep. Though even with that handicap, he still manages to escape the balls. Best thing to do is stock up on Ultra Balls and just hope for the best.

Whoops. I didn't see that. I was kinda gone for half a year after all. But hey. I got the blasted thing now. What I did was have Genger use Hypnosis on it. The fact that it's a ghost-type also makes Take Down do diddly squat, thus the Beldum couldn't hurt itself. It still took a few balls, but I eventually got it.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2467 on: May 28, 2007, 07:31:52 AM »
I don't think so. They moved much more quickly in those games, which I think is what hampers them in the main games.

I meant the fact that they're a horrible corruption (I know the correct term, but I'm not sure if it'd be allowed) of both NetHack and Pokémon battles. Plus, y'know, the whole "you know what items are immediately after you pick them up" thing that just destroys the fun of randomized dungeons.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2468 on: May 28, 2007, 08:52:27 AM »
Argh, too much Pokemon.

I have ANGST because I just beat Red Steel (after having neglected it for a while since I was addicted to SPM), and I find the game very...lame. Especially the sword fights; your character swings AFTER you swing the remote, which feels like dog doodie.
every

« Reply #2469 on: May 28, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »
Plus, y'know, the whole "you know what items are immediately after you pick them up" thing that just destroys the fun of randomized dungeons.
It does?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2470 on: May 28, 2007, 06:33:39 PM »
It makes them less random. I'd rather pick up a cursed scroll of genocide (without knowing what it was, so I get a good laugh out of the outcome) than pick up yet another boring Hidden Power TM.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2471 on: May 28, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
Ness opened the present. Inside the present, there is a hamburger! Ness takes it.
Some time later...
Ness ate the Hamburger! 500 HP of mortal damage to Ness! Ness got hurt and collapsed...
Ness! Looks like you're allergic to mustard. So how about giving it another shot?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2472 on: May 28, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
Ness opened the present. Inside the present, there is a hamburger! Ness takes it.
Some time later...
Ness ate the Hamburger! 500 HP of mortal damage to Ness! Ness got hurt and collapsed...
Ness! Looks like you're allergic to mustard. So how about giving it another shot?

Can that really happen?! If so, I guess the game is more random than I thought! O_o
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #2473 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08:35 PM »
It was the mustard of his DOOM!!

In ANGST news, I am having a tough time saving money for all the things I need to save money for.. after the bills come out, I won't have enough to just run out and buy a new Pokemon game, or this movie that I recently found out that both my fiancee and I really like. I hate my job, but I can't just quit because I need to keep making money so that I can live in the place that I live in, which is kind of nice but close to a bad part of town.. [/ANGST]
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2474 on: May 28, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
/wooo is down again. Just a few days after it was revived. I'm guessing either the new draft killed it, or maybe Cena was dethroned tonight. I'm guessing it's probably the first.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print