Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711452 times)

« Reply #2505 on: June 02, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »
I'd never win that "no swearing" bet, assuming people could monitor me when I'm alone. When no one's looking, I cuss like ten sailors.

Oh yeah? Well I cuss like 20 sailors!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2506 on: June 02, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
I don't see the big deal about using "swears" to express your anger. Never in my life have I sworn outside of quoting-- except for once, when I accidentally messed up the euphemism, "dang." That was a few years ago.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2507 on: June 02, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
I don't see the big deal about setting aside arbitrary words that are somehow "bad."

« Reply #2508 on: June 02, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the swearing so much as combining normal words into phrases that would still get you kicked out of church (ex. why you knob slobbing anal juggler).

« Reply #2509 on: June 02, 2007, 02:30:41 PM »
I don't really swear much at all, almost never in school, and never in an insulting manner.

That isn't to say my mouth is clean, though. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2510 on: June 02, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »
Never from me. I use "Hell" only to refer to the place where evil people go, and even then, I don't tell people to go there. Once in a while I'll describe something from being there, for example the Satanic mockingbird from Hell (after it kept me up all night). What bothers me is when people use it to describe things all the time, especially "It's Hell-a cold in here!" and I'm like, "Hell's not a very cold place. You don't say, 'Freeze in Hell,' do you?" Of course this logic, is beyond most of the people who live here so they just say, "Shut up."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2511 on: June 03, 2007, 03:17:52 AM »
I have to share a room with my sister who's 4 years younger. Enough said.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2512 on: June 03, 2007, 08:23:22 AM »
I'm not entirely sure of the use of the word "hella". It feels like my I.Q. drops a point every time I hear someone say it; it's so dumb.

Here's a funny story: a while ago, I started jokingly calling things "violent" for "good" (i.e., "Wow, those pants are violent!"), much in the same vein as "gnarly". Of course, I was joking. But you know what? At least two other kids in my school are now using it (i.e., "Wow, those pants are hella violent!"). I don't know whether that's bad or just...un-bad.
every

« Reply #2513 on: June 03, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »
Then you must hate the South Park halloween episode.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2514 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:17 PM »
No, I actually thought that was funny. But on the whole, I find "hella" annoying because it makes no sense.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2515 on: June 03, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
I have ANGST because I haven't heard from my girlfriend since Friday. I'm sure she would've called me or emailed me by now. Before any of you advise me to contact her myself, let me remind you that she might not be around. She's always here there and everywhere, and usually the one to contact me first.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2516 on: June 03, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
I have yet to find love, so I rarely have a clue when people talk about this sort of thing. I'd say just wait, or maybe see if she's using her ham radio.
every

« Reply #2517 on: June 03, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
And here I thought it was usually the girl who gets clingy in the relationship. But Chef just blew my world away.

Also, I too swear like a sailor at seas and I often use swears casually. Thus, the reason I'm losing the bet. But I find using CW's filter's in real life helps a lot. I especially enjoy calling people Diligent Individuals and Bonobos and then getting some weird looks.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2518 on: June 03, 2007, 07:21:13 PM »
Maybe girls aren't interested in guys who babble on about Zombies, Dinosaurs, and Ninjas Glorb.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #2519 on: June 03, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »
And here I thought it was usually the girl who gets clingy in the relationship. But Chef just blew my world away.

Yeah, I was about to say that.

Print