Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711692 times)

« Reply #2730 on: June 20, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »
Duh. It's one of the worst storylines ever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2731 on: June 20, 2007, 09:18:05 PM »
In my opinion, dogs are fun, caring animals that are happy just to see you everyday. They're always ready to get up and play, which may explain why I like them so much.

I hate dogs. They always bark at you for no reason. I remember this one time when I was chased by a dog when I was kindergarten-aged. It chased me all the way to the door of my house, and thankfully, I made it inside okay.

Just recently, I experienced hurricane-like weather while at my job. The wind was strong enough to actually blow off one of the automatic doors. During the storm, a stray dog wandered inside the market where I work and just started roaming through the store. It wasn't feral or anything, since it had a collar, but I still decided to stay outside in the rain.

« Reply #2732 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:43 PM »
I've been thinking about leaving the site for a little while now...what do you guys think I should do? I spend way too much time here and I sometimes argue over things that don't need to be argued over. I kinda like it here, but if I'm a pain, then I'll do what's best. A lot of my likes and dislikes clash with everyone else here, so I might be causin' some discomfort for a few members here.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:37:19 PM by PaperLuigi »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2733 on: June 20, 2007, 10:35:57 PM »
Don't leave us!  We don't mind if you don't like cats.  These differences make the forums more rounded.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2734 on: June 21, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »
PaperLuigi's description of cats is almost 100% contrary to fact.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2735 on: June 21, 2007, 04:55:07 AM »
So what if his views are different?  I don't care, and I love cats.  I had some friends in my high school who were more dog people, but we were still friends.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2736 on: June 21, 2007, 07:21:49 AM »
I'm not thinking about leaving because of the cat thing...the degrading CTs are a huge reason (whoever keeps doing that has made my experiance here un-enjoyable). There is obviously a member here who dislikes my views so much that he/she has to call me names in order to get me to stop. And I'm sure that someone will say "Oh, don't take it seriously" but I've gotten about ten of them and it isn't very fun.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 07:36:55 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #2737 on: June 21, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »
I like cats because they're reserved, and mostly quiet. Sydney usually likes attention, though, and meows at you whenever you say something to her.

Oh, and they are playful. At least, mine are.

A friend of mine has a big dog (I'm not sure about what type it is, it might be a Siberian Husky) who enjoys playing rough. I've seen him come to school with scratches on his arms, stating that he got them from fighting with his dog, Juno.  He invited me to his birthday party and I saw him with a band-aid on his face. His dog had apparently made a gash on the left side of his face the night before his 14th birthday (yes, he's 4 years younger than me). He had to get stitches, and the band-aid was used to hide them from people. In the days we had school, the band-aid would've usually fallen off by the afternoon, exposing his stitches to everyone. They were removed after about 2 weeks, but a scar is there, and it still hurts him if you touch it.

'Nother reason why I prefer cats over dogs: Dogs're rough.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2738 on: June 21, 2007, 07:33:27 AM »
Don't leave... I don't mind your opinions, and in fact, I'm jealous of the fact that you get a new CT, like, every week.

I'm not that much of a cat/dog person. Though I prefer cats over dogs, I'd rather get a pet hamster or snake.

« Reply #2739 on: June 21, 2007, 07:36:08 AM »
You wouldn't be if you got one every week with something degrading in the title.

It's not that I hate being called names, but when it's me every time I say something, it gets annoying. Everyone will at least get one degrading CT, but getting 5-10 of them really sucks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 09:29:44 AM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2740 on: June 21, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »
I know, being called names is annoying and pretty demoralizing. But don't give up; you're one of my favorite members here! You're nice, and you don't resort to calling names yourself. Very classy.

And on an unrelated note:

I'd rather get a pet hamster or snake.

Get both and see what happens.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2741 on: June 21, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
I like cats because they're reserved, and mostly quiet. Sydney usually likes attention, though, and meows at you whenever you say something to her.

Oh, and they are playful. At least, mine are.

A friend of mine has a big dog (I'm not sure about what type it is, it might be a Siberian Husky) who enjoys playing rough. I've seen him come to school with scratches on his arms, stating that he got them from fighting with his dog, Juno.  He invited me to his birthday party and I saw him with a band-aid on his face. His dog had apparently made a gash on the left side of his face the night before his 14th birthday (yes, he's 4 years younger than me). He had to get stitches, and the band-aid was used to hide them from people. In the days we had school, the band-aid would've usually fallen off by the afternoon, exposing his stitches to everyone. They were removed after about 2 weeks, but a scar is there, and it still hurts him if you touch it.

'Nother reason why I prefer cats over dogs: Dogs're rough.
My dog has always been pretty gentle.  Her size is like between medium and large.  Very adequate size for a farm dog.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2742 on: June 21, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
Dogs are usually rough and too aggressive when their owners abuse them Vid, so the dog may have had some bad times before with your friend. All dogs are not rough, they can be trained to be cuddly, loyal, and be aggressive only when needed, that dog may have been mistreated by his owner if he acts so aggressive with them. It's just natural for a dog to be mean depending on it's breed.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #2743 on: June 21, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
He didn't ABUSE her. Read the post more carefully. It was play fighting, for the most part. Animals (even human animals) who are friendly with each other do it all the time.

The dog, for the most part, was gentle, from what I've seen of her. Dogs DO have claws though, and accidents can happen. He says he accidently scared her the night before, and one of her paws hit his face, getting a claw stuck in it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2744 on: June 21, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »
I never said that your friend did mistreat his dog, I said that there could be a possibility, I misread your post, I thought your friends dog was actually aggressive, your friend seems like he has trouble with his dog, since he has all these scratches and scars, he has to be more controlling with his pets (I don't mean hitting the dog when misbehaving) But let it know that YOU are the master so he can make his dog stop when he's being too rough. My dog always seems to be jumping when he sees me, and when you get too close, SLASH! But he doesn't mean to scratch you, my dog is just really exited, so we have his nails trimed and cut to be less dangerous, has your friend considered having his dog's nails cut?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print