Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711453 times)

« Reply #2760 on: June 24, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
Huh. I guess it wasn't against the rules. :/

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:03:41 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2761 on: June 24, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
Okay, I went to a movie today.  I saw a Luigi plush in the claw, but it was buried so that you couldn't get it. :(  :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2762 on: June 24, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »
So Benoit/Punk gets called off due to a family emergency and we instead get Johnny Nitro as new ECW Champion.

I like Nitro, and I want to see him succeed, but this is just...ugh.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2763 on: June 24, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
Bad, I know. I really, REALLY wanted to see Benoit win.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2764 on: June 24, 2007, 09:26:01 PM »
I have some angst..

I work with a bunch of lazy black people. All they do is stand around and talk while the rest of us work. Only the black manager is a good worker. All the others are rude and completely ignore the needs of the customers. There's this one that's a crew cheif and they put her in the drive thru on headset all the time, and when the customers ask her to repeat herself, she gets an attitude with them (like it's their fault they can't hear her).

I really, really wish my Burger King was less ghetto, because I'm either working with a bunch of black people that are rude (save for a handful), or a bunch of white people that act like the black people (again, save for a handful).

I hope that when I get another job, I work with people (black or white) who are less rude and more willing to help people out.

* Toad apologizes if he offended any black person who happens to read this.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2765 on: June 24, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »
White people aren't acting like the black people, we are all just more similar than we admit!  Integration, yeah!

Oh wait, this is the Angst thread... so when I hear people complain, I try to join in and add some mindless complaining, but somehow I'm annoyed by what other people like, so I never end up helping the conversation and just feel more awkward.  Maybe Teddy Roosevelt had a point when he said "speak softly and carry a big stick".  Which, if you think carefully, means exactly the same thing as "If you don't have anything nice to say, make sure you have something heavy to throw"!  I need to take my own advice... :P
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2766 on: June 24, 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
I understand we are all the same. We all bleed the same color. It just really annoys me when an extremely white person talks and acts like a black person, which they are not (unless they have a part in a play or something similar, then it is ok).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2767 on: June 24, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »
I really, really wish my Burger King was less ghetto, because I'm either working with a bunch of black people that are rude (save for a handful), or a bunch of white people that act like the black people (again, save for a handful).
If the white people act like the black people, why did you make the distinction in the first place?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2768 on: June 24, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
Just curious; how do black people "act"?

« Reply #2769 on: June 24, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »
I don't mean it bad, just different. They have a different way of talking, a different way of walking, a different way of.. everything.

I made the distinction in the first place because I don't think it's right that people that are as white as me* go around talking and acting like they are black. I have accepted that I can do nothing to change that, but it still irks me to no end because they are not black, yet they act it (ie: talking like, acting like, etc..)

*Ok, I'm the whitest white person that I know since I spend most of my time playing games indoors, away from the sun..

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2770 on: June 24, 2007, 10:40:05 PM »
Or at least that's the stereotype that many people at your Burger King exemplify.  I know people of different race hat act differently than expected.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2771 on: June 24, 2007, 11:15:28 PM »
Hmm...I'M OFFENDED!

NOT!

I meet a LOT of people like that. There are people who I've personally known that acted like that and I had to stop hanging out with them because they said I acted "white" when I acted like myself and/or spoke in proper English. I did NOT like this. It really irked me. I for one am not ghetto even though a lot of people I've known (or know) are.

I am the butt of jokes a lot of the time because I (note: add "I" before reading each of the following half-statements in order to make sense out of them)

- am mixed
- am light skinned
- can't dance
- like Panic! at the Disco
- am intelligent
- get good grades
- don't like rap music (generally)
- like "white" people music (Stereotype and labeling that annoys me)
- am into computers

Yeah, so that's my angst for today. :D

P.S.
Yes, sometimes my friends make these jokes. I tell them to cut it out and express how much I don't like it.

P.P.S.
In my opinion, people act *ghetto* when they try to act "gangsta" and/or talk very loudly, act out a lot, like rap music, shake their head and twist their head while talking. At least that's how the ghetto people I live around act like. A lot of black people act ghetto so black people are stereotypically labeled as "ghetto". And when a ghetto black person sees a black person who's not ghetto, they usually say the person acts "white". (It's happened to me so I'm telling from experiences)

Wow, this is my longest post in a while.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2772 on: June 25, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
I think when white people act "like black people", they're really acting like the popular perception of black people. I mean, I have an African-American friend, and he's nerdier than me. Way nerdier. I always find it amusing whenever people act shocked because you don't act like a stereotype. I'm white, and I'm not some cousin-marrying hillbilly in overalls and a straw hat who rambles about personal accounts of alien-abduction. Thanfully, nobody ever makes that assumption.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2773 on: June 25, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »
I think what Toad means is acting like ghetto and gangsta people. Which are not all black. But some people look even worse than others when they go around with sideways ball caps with DC logos on them and chains full of bling hanging down in front of their gigantic t-shirts while holding their crotches and/or just having really baggy pants that don't stay up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:34:31 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2774 on: June 25, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »
And the only white people who act like that happen to be the squarest, nerdiest, pastiest white people around. That may sound like a stereotype of white people, but sadly, it's true. Stupid, but true.
every

Print