Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711657 times)

« Reply #2775 on: June 25, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »
the squarest, nerdiest, pastiest white people around
Stop talking about me!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2776 on: June 25, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »
Once some snotty, younger boys at a church soup dinner picked on me, implying that I couldn't like Digimon or Dragonball Z just because I'm a girl.  I delivered the winning blow to that conflict when I said that Goku's Saiyan name is Kakarot.  They just gasped, and were just struck speechless.  It wasn't funny at the time, but when I look back at it, it's just hilarious.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2777 on: June 25, 2007, 05:47:53 PM »
One of my favorite pro wrestlers died today in his home in Atlanta. He was one of the most amazing wrestlers ever and now he's dead.

RIP Chris Benoit. He's with his pal Eddie now...
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2778 on: June 25, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
It's very disturbing that we've had so many wrestling deaths this year and now, we have possibly the greatest canadian wrestler, who was still active and still in the public's view, pass away so suddenly, and under even weirder circumstances than normal deaths.

I'm still shocked over all this. I hope whoever's responsible for this gets what's coming. Though apparantly, according to news outlets, his family was throwing up blood when he recieved the call home. I'm guessing something toxic has afflicted them. But how it reached them is still a mystery.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2779 on: June 25, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
Good bye forever Chris. Good bye.

It's kinda hard watching everything he's done on TV without crying a little. He was a fantastic athelete, just like Eddie.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2780 on: June 25, 2007, 07:04:48 PM »
Oh my, Benoit was one of my favorites back when I was a wrestling fan.

« Reply #2781 on: June 25, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
I hate stupid Bratz dolls. I wish their little plastic bodies with overly plumped-and-glossed lips and to-high heeled shoes and extremely mini skirts would melt...IN THE BIGGEST BONFIRE EVER!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2782 on: June 25, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »
He was a fantastic athelete, just like Eddie.
An athlete? Isn't wrestling all fake and scripted? That sounds much more like acting to me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2783 on: June 25, 2007, 07:33:09 PM »
Max, you'll never know what they have to go through to do what they do. You try lifting guys 2 times your size and see if he's an athelete or not.

We were just trying to remember a great and friendly wrestler who could entertain the fans. I'm not suprised it was lost on someone.

Excuse me for being rude, but for someone to trash a person I liked and respected...so they aren't really beating the crap out of each other. What I do know is that they have to understand their body to perform some amazing moves that no normal person can do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:42:04 PM by PaperLuigi »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2784 on: June 25, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
Of course no normal person can do such things. IT'S FAKE. The show is produced to look like he can do whatever these things are.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #2785 on: June 25, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
Now, two pro wrestlers and their son dying is sad and all, and I do wish their family and friends my condolences...

in fact, anyone passing away, for any reason, is something horrible to happen for someone to live through, especially if you actually know them...

...but pro wrestling IS mostly scripted and not everything you see is real. You're right about the "no normal person can do" part, though.

Yeah, his wife was a pro wrestler, too.

EDIT: Hm. Turns out he was suicidal. And homicidal. Yikes. That's a real kick in the pants.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:58:06 PM by Sunbun »
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #2786 on: June 25, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »
I'm sorry for loosing it Max. I apologize for getting mad at you.

All I'm saying is that I was sad that he was gone....and you just kinda trashed it. I dunno.

I do understand that a lot of it is fake, btw.

« Reply #2787 on: June 25, 2007, 08:06:49 PM »
My mom thinks that I'm joking about having keratosis pilaris. I've showed her my arms and she still wants a doctor's diagnosis. THESE BUMPS ITCH AND LOOK TERRIBLE!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2788 on: June 26, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
I have angst because it turns out that not only will my friend not be able to see Transformers with me on the 4th of July, but I won't be able to see it at all that day either. What would our forefathers think of this? They'd be rolling in their graves!
every

« Reply #2789 on: June 26, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »
I'd think they'd be more disappointed that you were planning to see a movie on Independence Day when you could any other day. :P

Print