Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711564 times)

« Reply #2820 on: June 29, 2007, 01:10:38 AM »
That's not a diploma you have, puddin'. It's a fancy slip of paper.
Clearly you did not check the definition of 'diploma'.

1. A fancy slip of paper.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2821 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:52 AM »
Well, I'm gonna have to stick with Vid on this one. A big deal isn't really all that necessary for getting out of middle school (again, I had one of these so don't think me rude). Congratulations anyway, I guess... er, this is not a party popper. Have fun in high school.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2822 on: June 29, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »
party popper

Is that some sort of party treat?
every

« Reply #2823 on: June 29, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »
Speaking of school, I have to read Gulliver's Travels for my AP English IV course. It's such a boring book, and I just detest reading it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2824 on: June 29, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »
I must say that I agree half-heartedly with half of what Vid is saying...but that's over now.

I have angst because:

I MOVED MY SSBM DATA FROM AN OFF-BRAND MEMORY CARD TO A GENUINE NINTENDO ONE. I PLAYED THE GAME FOR A FEW WEEKS AND AFTER I BEAT THE 100 MAN MELEE AND I RESTARTED THE GAME, THE DATA CORRUPTED. Yes, I tried restarting it 20x. It didn't work. I've started all over. Terrible.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2825 on: June 29, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
Oh man, that sucks! That's happened to me with a few Mario Parties.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2826 on: June 30, 2007, 01:15:44 PM »
That's why I don't normally buy off brand console accessories.  The rumble on my 3rd Party GCN controller is too noisy.  I only got it because I wanted a third controller for my GCN, so both of my cousins could play SSBM or MKDD with me when they visit, and it was cheaper.  So far, I've only use it for certain sessions on SSBM camera mode.

Well, I have angst because my teen group was to go to a movie, but we had to meet a 10 this morning, and my dad just had a wisdom tooth pulled out.  Even if I got up before 9, my dad would not be in good shape to drive me over to the city, and I had already had enough trips there for one week.  >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2827 on: July 01, 2007, 07:43:19 AM »
Well, I discovered that my DS's LCD screen was broken yesterday from an event that happened the night before. It's rather embarassing, so I do not wish to tell abolut how it broke in greater detail.

What a pity, too. I went on a $150 shopping spree for gaming stuff the day before.

On the bright side of things, the only game I want for my DS, Phantom Hourglass, isn't coming out for a while now. I haven't been playing much of the DS lately, due to not enough games coming out, the Wii entering my life and the nearly-dead battery I was going to replace, but I guess there's no sense in doing that now.

However, I'm also angsty towards the fact that Excite Truck multiplayer sucks.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2828 on: July 01, 2007, 05:52:05 PM »
I wish people around where I live would learn to read. Burger King has a sign on their marquee that says

9pm - Close

$1 Double Cheese

Yet, we still get people that come in starting at lunch time, asking about the specail on the sign and how come we are not doing it yet. Of course I and my co-workers have been very nice about explaining it, but it gets kind of grating to do it about once every 5 minutes. They can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that it happens after 9PM.

One of my managers even got into an argument with a guy that came in at 9am and was cussing everybody out for false advertising.

EDIT: fixed how the sign read.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:06:15 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2829 on: July 02, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »
*snort*

You should see the customers at the local Pizza Hut. One guy even yelled at an enmployee because they didn't serve burgers. The best part was this speech, during which he put emphasis on various random words:

"I come home from work to get some food, y'know, just some good, normal food, and you're trying to force me not to buy my cheeseburger! I swear, I'll sue your ***es!"
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2830 on: July 02, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »
9pm - Close

1$ Doublecheese Burgers

It would seem the people there don't know how to write, either. The dollar sign goes before the number. And "doublecheese" isn't a word.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2831 on: July 02, 2007, 05:33:41 PM »
Picky, picky, picky.  :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:36:02 PM by OrangeYoshi »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2832 on: July 02, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »
* Bird Person slams his hands on the table
So if someone gets arrested for speeding, the cops are being picky? If you're breaking the laws of grammar, justice shall be served!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2833 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »
Where in the rules does it say that one must use proper grammar and spelling? Additionally, "doublecheese" sounds like newspeak.

« Reply #2834 on: July 02, 2007, 07:26:35 PM »
* Bird Person slams his hands on the table
So if someone gets arrested for speeding, the cops are being picky? If you're breaking the laws of grammar, justice shall be served!!

Heheh, if that's the case, then I've been arrested quite a few times.

I dunno, It's not like I couldn't read Toad's post. It wasn't really a big deal, I should've kept my mouth shut.  :P

Print