Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711480 times)

« Reply #2880 on: July 13, 2007, 09:00:34 AM »
Yeah I was arrested for Criminal Trespassing B, which is about the lowest trespassing charge you can get.  Me and my friends went into this abandoned building shooting an independent horror film (let me add that the place was just about perfect, it had broken windows building material ripped out of everywhere, broken stairwell and elevators, etc).  And I guess the people who own the property saw us walk in, and they called the cops.

Let me add that this building was open already, so we didn't have to do anything to get in.  Otherwise it would have been bumped up to breaking and entering.  I guess there is a basement in the place that builds high-quality bmx bikes, if there's any bikers in here you would know this company as FBM, and they distribute these bikes from that factory to all over the world.  And over the past week they've experienced a couple of burglaries, but since I had the camera with me it was obvious we weren't there to comitt any crime.
I only watch [adult swim]

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2881 on: July 13, 2007, 09:05:23 AM »
Although I've never been arrested, I've had a few "brushes with the law". For example, there was a time that an employee at Wal-Mart saw me picking up some DVDs and, apparently, something about my mannerisms led him to believe I was shoplifting. I swear, about a minute later an entire Wal-Mart SWAT team came crashing in through the roof.
every

« Reply #2882 on: July 13, 2007, 02:47:59 PM »
I can't find my freakin Nintendo DS. It's been about 3 months.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2883 on: July 13, 2007, 04:53:29 PM »
Don't worry Pt_Peach, I'm sure you'll find it.  When I got my Nintendo gameboy adv. sp.  in eigth grade, I lost it in december and regreted it ever since until a few  months ago I found it deep within my dad's Lay-Z-Boy.  Well now I have it and I play it a lot, some advice I do have is don't asume anybody stole it.  I only say this because I asumed my best friend did but never told him, and it turned out it was my own darn fault.
I only watch [adult swim]

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2884 on: July 13, 2007, 05:18:14 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2885 on: July 13, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »
Funny picture, BP! I seriously laughed out loud at it.

Thanks for the advice SSM. I assumed a few people had stolen it. I looked over the situation and I realized that those 20 people couldn't have stolen it because I had it when I got home.

Although I am assuming that my mother misplaced it. She took all of the stuff out of my bag and washed it.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2886 on: July 16, 2007, 02:38:19 PM »
Well, today I was forced to see Harry Potter and the Something Something. I forget what it was called, because, in my brain's list of things to remember, the title of a Harry Potter book/movie is very low on the list. Anyway, it was the boringest thing I've ever seen. Something about, like, Hogwarts being taken over by this short lady, and Harry making out with all the female co-stars, maybe. Also, that lady from Fight Club was in it, I think. Even during action scenes there was no action, and the plot is basically identical to the first sixteen Harry Potter movies. Plus, and I know this will make me seem like some socially ignorant butt, but I couldn't understand half the dialogue, since everyone spoke with an English accent. Even my sister and my dad, who were the ones who conspired to take me to this movie, hated it. She even sneaked out of the theater to go watch Transformers again. It could be that I'm heavily biased against fantasy movies, which I am, but I was more excited to take a bathroom break than watch this movie.

[/rant]
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2887 on: July 16, 2007, 02:59:26 PM »
Man, you have no appreciation for the subtle political messages embedded within that movie.

DISCLAIMER: Anything insinuated from my statement is the sole opinion of the person who thought of it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:54:37 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2888 on: July 16, 2007, 06:14:27 PM »
Have you read the books? The books are better.

I have to rant because my fiancee got mad at me for calling her at work. I had no idea they were busy, I tried to ask her a question, but she wouldn't let me get a word in and then hung up on me.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2889 on: July 16, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
I doubt he did.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2890 on: July 16, 2007, 10:30:13 PM »
Have you read the books? The books are better.

People always say that (in general, not just Harry Potter) and though for the most part, I agree, I just HATE it whenever it's said. Goes for any movie based on a book.

The tone of it when it's said by anyone rubs me the wrong way, as 90% of the time it's said in a condescending manner, basically insulting the person who only saw the movie and not read the book version.

I know I'd rather watch the movie than read the book sometimes. Harry Potter is one case of this. Of course, there are situations where I'd rather read the book than watch the movie (Tarzan being a good example).

And now for a huge shocker: I dislike The Lord of the Rings series, books AND movies. The books get too descriptive and I get bored if the plotline doesn't actually move for more than two pages. I fell asleep while trying to watch the first movie when it was in theaters, and didn't bother to see the others.

"You are dead to me, Vid."

Shut up. I always was dead to you. Stop pointing out what I already know.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2891 on: July 16, 2007, 10:43:52 PM »
I get to go up to the Cali mountains this week!

« Reply #2892 on: July 16, 2007, 10:56:05 PM »
Wrong thread, Peach.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2893 on: July 16, 2007, 11:08:49 PM »
No, it's right. Mr. Face is in the California mountains with her DS.

« Reply #2894 on: July 17, 2007, 06:48:25 AM »
And now for a huge shocker: I dislike The Lord of the Rings series, books AND movies.
Another shocker: I never found any interest in the Star Wars movies (and I never have read/seen the LotR series, nor do I intend to). My mom rented the 1977 film and made me watch it, and I felt extremely bored during so. I finally fell asleep in the final scene what with the flying and shooting and the Death Star thing exploding. I was also forced to go see "The Phantom Menace" when I was younger, and I had to stand in line for half an hour for a movie I did not want to see.

Print