Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711635 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2955 on: July 26, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »
Does that mean your cat is one eighth your size?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2956 on: July 26, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »
That's a weird first sentence of a page.

I wish I was 5'10".  I used to hope for 6'0", but I'm lowering my standards now.   I think people shouldn't walk on floors, letting some heads stand higher than others.  Our heads should all be pushed against some invisible barrier in the air so it's our feet that set us apart.  At least then we can look at each other eye to eye, as equals.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2957 on: July 26, 2007, 07:59:15 PM »
I have a few things that've been bothering me. I know I've posted about most of them before, but I thought I would post again, since it helps to talk.. type about it.

This is part of a letter that I sent my student advisor. I am failing that one class again, and will likely be put on academic probation, which means I would have one semester to bring my grades up, or consider expellment. It's not that I'm a bad student, it's that I have poor/no study habits. I'll often get on the computer and visit other websites (such as this one) instead of doing my homework, and often, by the time I remember to look things up for my homework, it's time to pack up and go home so I can go to bed and get ready for work.

My advisor asked me what I though a few things were that I could do to improve my study habits.. (warning: lengthy post ahead)..

Well, this really wasn't mandatory, but up until a couple of weeks ago, my fiancee and I lived 20 minutes away from my parents (who have the internet connection so that I can go to class, you know..) I often would drive to work, drive to our apartment and get a shower, and then come back across town with as much laundry and school work as I could carry. This would often come at the expense of my sleep. I would sit there for hours, looking at the assignments, and then write them down/mark pages/etc to make sure I didn't forget, but then a few days later.. well, you already know the rest. :/

Anyway, I thus started losing interest, and didn't have any motivation to drive myself across town every day or every other day. I would just sit at my apartment and play video games, think about how I wished that we had an internet connection, and then go to bed and often repeat the process.

We now live very close to my parents and are talking about getting an internet connection in our place, so doing assignments should be easier. I will still carry my books and things with me, so as to act like I am going to class (because, well, that's what I'm doing).

I was a little depressed there for  awhile, and it seems to have lingered on longer than I would have liked. I think it's a combo of not liking my job and not getting enough sleep (which makes me a bit irrate toward friends and family).

I am hoping to change all that, starting with this next term, because I know I don't have the marks to pass this class this term. There's no chance of extra credit, and I am really having a problem finding a piece of hardware that will work with my computer (I want my Windows XP back).

I am going to look for a new job and try to go to bed early enough to get more sleep than I've been getting. Now that I live closer, it should be easier to attend classes until I get my own internet connection.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2958 on: July 29, 2007, 12:21:25 AM »
In times of extreme crisis (which I have never experienced to this degree), I would separate myself completely from the internet. It makes me much more productive in school matters.

And now, it's Suffix's own ANGST story! The Case of Amnesia and the Missing Teeth!

Yesterday, I woke up at six o' clock to a peculiar pill, Halcium, or something like that. One hour later, I climbed into our van and then something bizarre happened: I developed amnesia. Six hours later, I was waken up on our front couch to extreme pain, and was kept awake only long enough to take another pain-relieving pill or two with what I believed to be apple juice. This process continued until this very morning, when I was awake enough to use the bathroom.

I still cannot open my mouth wide enough to see the damage however. Yesterday morning, my four wisdom teeth were removed. Although my head still feels like it's splitting, I can't help but wonder how I got out of the car, got back into the car... Despite my puffy face, I managed to ask about it. Apparently, I moved on my own account but in a sleepwalking-like state. "Don't worry," she said, "you didn't say anything incriminating."

Bah, I need to ice my face again, but it doesn't seem to be working. Nutjob says I look "like a chipmunk."

« Reply #2959 on: July 29, 2007, 12:37:49 AM »
I told you. Poor you. I feel terribly sorry for you :(.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2960 on: July 29, 2007, 03:15:41 AM »
Yeah, you really didn't build up my confidence when you told me your sister was reduced to eating mashed bananas while writhing on the ground. I may have exaggerated that last part, but I have a good imagination. Excuse me, I think I might be able to go to sleep now. (Sleeping for 36 hours has a certain insomniatic affect)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2961 on: July 29, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »
Suffix, you don't happen to live in a rural area, do you? Do you have strange memories of little green people, perhaps coupled with an aching butt or tattoo wth initials you've never heard of?
every

« Reply #2962 on: July 29, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »
Yesterday, I woke up at six o' clock to a peculiar pill, Halcium, or something like that. One hour later, I climbed into our van and then something bizarre happened: I developed amnesia. Six hours later, I was waken up on our front couch to extreme pain, and was kept awake only long enough to take another pain-relieving pill or two with what I believed to be apple juice. This process continued until this very morning, when I was awake enough to use the bathroom.

Dude, it sounds like aliens abducted you. Check all of your body parts to make sure they didn't put anything on you. Oh, and go see a Hypnotherapist; they might be able to help you recollect your experience onboard "their" spaceship. BTW, I'm totally joking.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2963 on: July 29, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »
Halcium?  Was it maybe Valium?  I had to take Valium the morning or night before I had an extra tooth pulled.  I was just born with an extra incisor, but the root died, so they pulled it.  I still want to get my wisdom teeth out, despite the horror of your story.  And what does one do with his wisdom teeth once they're out?  I guess you could have a little funeral, but I really don't have a clue.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2964 on: July 29, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
No, don't worry. I don't live in a rural area.

I asked about the drug again, Markio, and it's Halcion, which comes from Triazolam. As it turns out, it DOES cause amnesia, but it shouldn't have been as powerful as it was in my .5 mg dose. Halcion is used as an adjuvant (a catalyst of sorts) for other anesthetics.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2965 on: July 29, 2007, 04:09:45 PM »
I've heard several amnesia stories from people who went through that procedure.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2966 on: July 29, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
That's nothing compared to the new "Alli" (or whatever it's called) diet, which apparently causes constant noisy, sloppy, explosive diarrhea.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2967 on: July 29, 2007, 06:24:09 PM »
I have angst because my mom complained for the [insert large number]th time about me moving out. As far as I'm concerned, she expects me to somehow pull a Driver's ID out of my butt. She also says that I'm a waste of food and money and that dad is going to die (I have no idea what she's basing that last part on). Thus now I can no longer eat. Fine by me. I'd rather not live in a loveless household and the only way to get out of it is through death.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:26:45 PM by N64 Chick »
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2968 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »
Jeez, that's harsh. Sort of reminds me of cantthinkofaname's mom (no offense to your mom, of course).
every

« Reply #2969 on: July 30, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
and the only way to get out of it is through death.
Or by pulling a Driver's ID out of your butt.

Print